|Shown tonight, Monday 6th July at 9pm on Channel 5.
Pictures from this show (Day 55) are HERE
Tonight [Spoiler]: Big Brother drops a second ‘cash’ Time Bomb allowing the nominated Housemates to bid prize money to pass their nomination on to Chloe. Nick bids money and Chloe is nominated. SAM, HARRY, JACK and CHLOE are nominated. The Housemate who receives the most votes from the public, will be evicted on Friday 10 July.
Big Brother's Bit on the Side Preview:
On tonight’s Big Brother’s Bit On The Side at 11pm on Channel 5 guests include; former Celebrity Big Brother Housemate, Vanessa Feltz, former Liberty X star, Michelle Heaton and astrologist Russell Grant.
Key highlights and quotes from tonight’s show include:
The Housemates wake up to face the consequences of last night’s rebellion. Big Brother confiscated the Housemates’ belongings as a punishment. Chloe says, “No clothes, no food, no money.” Jack, “They’ve even taken our dignity.” Danny says, “They’ve taken our freedom.” Jack jokes, “We’ve lost everything.”
· - Jack has come to the Diary Room with a proposition. Jack says that he’ll pay money for the football result, a carton of ‘Um Bongo’ juice and a cheap blazer and trousers. After some negotiations, he suggests four thousand pounds. He says that he realises some of the Housemates may be angry but Joel already has had something. He says, “I’m nominated anyway so what have I got to lose. I may as well have a laugh while I’m here.”
· -Some of the Housemates ask what Big Brother wanted with Jack. Joel asks about the pizza situation. Jack says, “I thought it was funny. If Joel can do it, so can I.” Chloe is surprised. She asks Jack if he would sacrifice more money considering the others have all expressed their annoyance with the situation. Jack says he would.
· - Danny and Chloe are in the kitchen. Jack enters and Chloe asks Jack if he has negotiated with Big Brother. He admits he has. Chloe is annoyed saying, “I’m not going to speak to you for the rest of the time here. I think you’re selfish.” The other Housemates don’t believe he has done it. Chloe is angry. Jack says, “It’s not real money!” Chloe says, “I completely changed my opinion of you.” Jack justifies himself saying that he’s continuously looked after other people in the house.
· - Chloe is in the Diary Room. “Everyone’s just changed. It’s an awful atmosphere. Money’s got involved and everyone’s true colours have come out. Jack is being so selfish and I thought he was my friend. He’s the last person I thought would’ve done it. He’s only got a week to go. What is the point? Who’s Jack to come in and play God. My trust has definitely gone down for him.”
· -Jack is feeling regretful. He apologises to some of the Housemates.
· - Big Brother gathers the Housemates on the sofas. Another Time Bomb has been dropped. Harry, Jack, Nick and Sam have all been nominated.
Big Brother tells the Housemates that each of the nominated Housemates will be given the chance to reverse their nomination by passing it on to another Housemate. Cristian, Danny and Joel are immune from nominations. Therefore, the only Housemate that they may pass on their nomination to is Chloe. Each of the nominated Housemates is given a white board and is asked to bid an amount of money from the prize fund to gamble.
The highest bid will reverse their nomination and pass it to Chloe. In addition, the prize fund will be reduced by the amount bid. Harry bids nothing saying, “I got nominated for genuine reasons and I’m not going to take that away from anyone.”
Jack bids nothing saying, “I value my friendship more than money.” Sam bids zero saying, “Chloe’s been an amazing friend to me. I would never put her up for nominations.” Nick bids five thousand pounds saying, “This is what I’ve wanted my whole life…To get to the final.” Nick is no longer facing eviction and Chloe is facing eviction in his place.
The prize fund is reduced from £45,900 to £40,900. Chloe says thanks to those who didn’t bid. Nick says, “I’m sorry. I couldn’t have forgiven myself if I didn’t bid for it. Nick leaves the sofa. Chloe comments, “Turns out you can put a price on friendship.”
· Nick is with Joel in smoking area talking about his decision. Nick says, “The pros outweighed the cons. There will be a lot of people who disagree with it.”
· - Harry is in the Diary Room. “I didn’t think Nick would do that to someone. It’s really horrified me. And confused me. Money does not make you happy. I know this is his ultimate dream but I don’t care. I truly thought Nick was the winner but if I was watching the show and I just seen that, I would have lost all respect for him. You have to work for what you get. You have to earn it.”
· - Jack goes to the Diary Room asking to withdraw his earlier negotiation. “The Housemates reacted completely differently to how I expected.” Big Brother allows Jack to withdraw his offer.
· - Harry and Nick are talking about his cash bomb decision. Harry says, “Winners don’t buy their way into a final.” Nick references Joel and his pizza as justification. Harry dismisses this. Joel says, “People will respect Nick’s honesty and respect how much Nick wants to be here.” Harry says, “Even Jack changed his mind at the last minute.”
· -Nick goes to talk to Chloe. He apologises. Chloe says she’s not angry with him but would never have done the same thing.
· -Harry and Danny are in the store room. Harry says, “I don’t agree with what he did. I’m a bit shocked.”
· -Chloe is in the Diary Room. “I am disappointed. I’m a very loyal person and they are my real friends. I’m worried that everyone’s going to start playing games and I’m just going to feel completely let down... But nobody would be doing anything wrong because it’s a game show. The constant talk of money just irritates me. It makes me feel nervous.”
· Big Brother gathers the Housemates on the sofas for today’s second task. There is a tombola stand beside them and, on the table in the centre, eight letters from home addressed to each Housemate. Each Housemate must roll the tombola which has ‘win, choose or lose’ balls.
If they pick the ‘win’ ball, that Housemate will add five thousand pounds to the prize fund and be able to save and read a letter of their choice. With the ‘choose’ ball the Housemate may decide between adding £5000 to the prize fund or saving a letter. If the ‘lose’ ball is picked, the must choose a letter to sacrifice. Chloe begins and selects a ‘lose’ ball.
She must select Joel’s letter to be sacrificed saying, “Your mum came in on the Time Warp task, you got a message from home which the rest of us haven’t.” Chloe must eat Joel’s letter. Cristian selects a ‘choose’ ball and saves Chloe’s letter. Danny selects ‘choose’ and saves Nick’s letter. Harry picks a ‘lose’ ball and sacrifices Jack’s letter. Jack’s picks a ‘choose’ ball and picks Danny’s letter to save.
Joel picks a ‘lose’ ball and sacrifices Sam’s letter. Nick picks a ‘choose’ and saves Harry’s letter. Sam picks a ‘win’ ball. Cristian’s letter is the only one left. £5000 is added to the prize fund.
· -Chloe, Nick, Cristian and Jack are in the sky room. All of them but Jack are talking about their letters.
· -Harry and Nick are talking about their letters from home.
· - Joel and Cristian are talking about winning. Cristian says, “Everyone’s got money on their mind. This series should be called ‘Selfish’ or ‘Selfless’. That’s the process now.”