ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Alexandra v Robbie v MJ (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119555)

Tom4784 24-09-2009 08:18 PM

Ama's putting too much on the hype, like Tom said he was beaten by Cascada a week after his death a new song probably won't net him a number 1 when Alexandra's performing on X Factor. A new MJ song won't be as appreciated as his old ones while the x factor's audience is gigantic and ultimately sheep by large.

It'll go like this, I'm 99% about it.

1. Alexandra
2. MJ
3. Robbie

Robbie and MJ are interchangeable, If I'm honest though I think MJ will get 3rd place at best, the album will do well but the single won't be number 1.

Alexandra's got Simon Cowell behind her, he could sell sh*t to a dungbeatle and nevermind the fact there's millions of X Factor fans that would buy any old crap. When you take into account there's a popular rapper on the single and that it's both very contempory and radio friendly, it's easy to see that she'll most likely be on top. The only reason why Leon and Steve failed was that they weren't radio friendly enough.

MrGaryy 24-09-2009 08:30 PM

hopefully Robbie. anyone but Alexandra preferably.

Arneldo 24-09-2009 08:51 PM

Hopefully, Robbie.

\PJ/ 24-09-2009 09:23 PM

[rquote=2603153&tid=148070&author=Mr.Corrie]I'd guess

#1 - MJ
#2 - Robbie
#3 - Alexandra[/rquote]
I would hope this would be the case.

KKBL 24-09-2009 10:36 PM

Alexandra will easily sell 150K thanks to her XF performance and about 2 months of download repression.She might even sell more than 200k.
Robbie will probably sell 50k and I dono about MJ,but it'll be nowhere near Alexandra imo.

Zac 24-09-2009 10:53 PM

[rquote=2603183&tid=148070&author=Jayson][rquote=2603109&tid=148070&author=DoubleTrouble]Top Spot - MJ
2nd - Alexandra
3rd - Robbie
[/rquote][/rquote]

CaraRawr 25-09-2009 08:09 AM

[rquote=2603077&tid=148070&author=Princess]Alexandra or MJ pleaseeeeeeeeeee,I don't want Robbie to have a number 1[/rquote]

Tom 25-09-2009 12:21 PM

[rquote=2603206&tid=148070&author=Aint_mad_atcha][rquote=2603194&tid=148070&author=Tom][rquote=2603140&tid=148070&author=Aint_mad_atcha]LOL! Have some of you people been living under a rock? Or did you not realise that the biggest music star in the world died just months ago (which means, they are not gonna get many opportunities to get some new MJ materials). The singer with the biggest fan base there is. In the UK or otherwise. And youre comparing his song release, to the winner of Xfactor, and Robbie Williams?:hugesmile:

Even if Michael came out Yodeling, his song, and his movie doc, are both gonna be #1 by a country mile!! [/rquote]

.... yet a download from "the biggest music star in the world" got beaten to number 1 by Cascada about a week after he died when momentum would have been a lot stronger than it is now. I'm not saying he won't get it, just don't be so sure!![/rquote]

How clueless!! Thats Man in the MIrror, an old song, along with other old songs by the way, that everyone already have, that all made it into the charts, only because MJ died. Its incredible that it even made it into the charts, let alone make it to #2. That shoul give you an idea how this song is gonna do!
This is a brand new song never before released, coming right before the realease of his album. Youre comparing that to Man in the Mirror???:tongue:
Every one of his single, and his album, will all make #1 without competition.
I would thing any clued up person, would know the difference.
Oh wait....[/rquote]

Man in the Mirror was a flop first time around so not everyone had it. You've got no idea how the public work if you're shocked his music charted. X Factor had the power to get Kings of Leon in the charts at number SIX when someone performed a cover song. Thats how much power X Factor has. And if all his singles and albums would make number 1 without competition, surely they'd have already done it? I'm not saying he isn't big, but I think you've become jaded about how big he actually is.

Z 25-09-2009 01:21 PM

Alexandra or Michael Jackson will get to number one; I had no idea Robbie or MJ were releasing songs, I've not heard either of them and I still don't know what Robbie's single is called. Alexandra will surely perform the song on the X Factor; plus it features Flo Rida, it's going to do well. Michael Jackson didn't hit number one posthumously immediately after his death; I doubt a new single will do it either. It might end up getting to number one the following week; i.e. Alexandra's song debuts at #1 but MJ usurps it the following week with more consistent sales than Alexandra, but I just can't see Michael Jackson getting number one. Having said that, I've not heard the song yet (or Robbie's) so my opinion might change if it's actually really good!

Robbie stands no chance. I reckon he'll get to about #7 on the charts; he's a has been.

alc09 25-09-2009 01:27 PM

Alexandra is really, really bad.

andybigbro 26-09-2009 03:30 PM

I hope Alex gets number 1

alc09 26-09-2009 04:56 PM

Why?

She is terrible.

Iceman 28-09-2009 09:10 PM

Mj without a doubt, maybe notch up fastest selling single this year aswell....

Tom4784 29-09-2009 11:47 AM

I'll bet money on Alexandra getting number 1, the general public are kind of over Micheal Jackson now. They won't be as accepting of new material as they will of the classics. That being said the 'This is It' Album and film will probably do well but the single doesn't stand a chance against the X Factor. The only time in recent years it's failed was with Leon who wasn't as Radio friendly or contemporary as Alexandra.

It'll be Alex that comes out on top, or perhaps Robbie if there's a gargantuan push for him.

Beastie 29-09-2009 12:29 PM

Michael Jackson. Alex's new single is a bit ****.

Beastie 29-09-2009 12:31 PM

But yeah I suppose some people might forget or not bothered about michael jackson? I would then rather Robbie get the number one. Lol it would be funny Alex missing out on the top spot. She could have sung a lovely song like Leona's first single bleeding love but her "bad boys" song is a bit ****. lol

Beastie 29-09-2009 12:32 PM

Anyway dont know.. might get used to Alex's new song after a few listens but Robbie or Michael deserve the number 1 spot more :thumbs:

Beastie 29-09-2009 12:33 PM

Also I thought Robbie was going to be performing on the x factor?

Scarlett. 29-09-2009 01:13 PM

[rquote=2613183&tid=148070&author=thebeast]Also I thought Robbie was going to be performing on the x factor?[/rquote]He is :tongue:

Tom4784 29-09-2009 01:47 PM

I think Robbie will be promoting his album, not his single so He'll perform a week or two after Alexandra I expect. Bad Boys is crap but it's so easily marketable and radio friendly it'll beat out the other two.

Thebeast, it's really great of you to spread one post over four.

ILoveTRW 13-10-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveMoney (Post 2558961)
it will be Alexandra if she gets to perform it on the x factor (which she will)

looks like im one of the small amount of people who got it right in this thread

mj who

Scarlett. 13-10-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 2569123)
I think Robbie will be promoting his album, not his single so He'll perform a week or two after Alexandra I expect. Bad Boys is crap but it's so easily marketable and radio friendly it'll beat out the other two.

Thebeast, it's really great of you to spread one post over four.

He has a full blown concert coming up on the 20th October at the Electric Proms, he will be live on radio 1 and live in over 200 cinemas in 23 countries....so its safe to say he is promoting the album more than the single xD

Wildcat! 13-10-2009 08:37 PM

MJ's song was not released as a single, its just out to promote the documentary.
I thought it would be a proper single, in which case it wouldve taken #1, regardless of the other releases.

Tom 13-10-2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat! (Post 2601243)
MJ's song was not released as a single, its just out to promote the documentary.
I thought it would be a proper single, in which case it wouldve taken #1, regardless of the other releases.

It was meant to have been but they seem to have pulled it and dumped it on the album. They probably realised how rubbish it was (it isnt going down well critically) and that it might embarrass them if he didn't get it to #1, which lets face it up against Robbie and Alexandra would have been a tough job, especially when he was beaten by Cascada.

ILoveTRW 13-10-2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat! (Post 2601243)

mj fans are so delusional, nobody gives a **** about him and the world is a better place now that he is in hell