ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Stoke and Copeland by-elections (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317073)

Withano 23-02-2017 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 9229302)
That's not true though, is it?

Is too

Greg! 23-02-2017 11:21 PM

Ukip will probably die on its arse and never recover if it loses tonight. Let us pray. :fc:

https://s32.postimg.org/m6frehwit/ezgif_90420901.jpg

Kizzy 23-02-2017 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg! (Post 9229306)
Ukip will probably die on its arse and never recover if it loses tonight. Let us pray. :fc:

:worship:

AProducer'sWetDream 23-02-2017 11:37 PM

I'm not too bothered about Copeland but I couldn't handle a UKIP gain in Stoke :bawling:

Nick. 23-02-2017 11:42 PM

Do wonder where UKIP will go if/when they Stoke, what coverage is everyone watching? Sky seems to be the most worthwhile

Also Storm Doris seems to have impacted Stoke's turnout - Only 38%

LeatherTrumpet 23-02-2017 11:47 PM

Quote:

Sure jan

Braden 23-02-2017 11:53 PM

The BNP candidate is named David Furness.

I thought Elton was going to need words with his partner, for a moment there.

arista 24-02-2017 01:13 AM

Stoke goes To Labour 7,853
UKIP 2nd 5,233
Conservative 3rd 5,154

the truth 24-02-2017 01:18 AM

theyve clung on but their victory has narrowed a great deal down t0 37% (down from 67& in 1997 and 38% is a pathetic turnout and the foolish mp voted in just made a pitful speech that missed the point of everything. he actually claimed theyd oversee the next industrial revolution, of course he didnt quite say how

arista 24-02-2017 01:47 AM

Quote:

No Greg!
Paul 2nd
he broke the big hold Labour used to have
Conservative close 3rd.

Yes Labour one
only just

arista 24-02-2017 01:52 AM

Copeland Goes to Conservative

Labour 11,601
LibDems 2,252
UKIP 2,025

arista 24-02-2017 01:57 AM

The PM went to help Trudy Harrison
which got more women voting

AProducer'sWetDream 24-02-2017 02:11 AM

I wonder how the Corbynistas will spin this one.
Will it be the media? The 'Red Tories'? Blair and Heseltine?

The current leadership is destroying this party. When will Corbyn do the decent thing and resign?

arista 24-02-2017 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AProducer'sWetDream (Post 9229339)
I wonder how the Corbynistas will spin this one.
Will it be the media? The 'Red Tories'? Blair and Heseltine?

The current leadership is destroying this party. When will Corbyn do the decent thing and resign?

No he is pleased to Hold
Stoke On Trent
he said on Twitter Media 15mins ago
Reported Live on SkyNewsHD.

He held onto one
that will keep him safe.
its all in the numbers.

arista 24-02-2017 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyTheBadger (Post 9229314)
Do wonder where UKIP will go if/when they Stoke, what coverage is everyone watching? Sky seems to be the most worthwhile

Also Storm Doris seems to have impacted Stoke's turnout - Only 38%

Final Turnout Later was 51%
So Bitch Doris
only stopped the early voters

arista 24-02-2017 03:17 AM

Feck Me
at 29mins on in Question Time
real old D. Dimb. (now 78 years old)
said Labour have held Copeland.
the look on their faces , the old fool said.

QT should not do this and look Stupid
get rid of THAT presenter

Black Dagger 24-02-2017 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley. (Post 9229293)
Leave.

Lmao and then the right wing members wonder why more people avoid SN.

joeysteele 24-02-2017 07:38 AM

Copeland is a bad result for Labour.

Stoke is better, although this seat is set to disappear under new boundary changes.
UKIP did badly, this was a by election, they threw their new leader at it and he didn't even come extremely close to winning it,failing too to get voters out with just over a third turnout of voters.

Had the Conservatives fought harder in Stoke,rather than acting like a spin off UKIP agency, they could have come at least a very strong 2nd.

LeatherTrumpet 24-02-2017 07:45 AM

Another disaster for the left wing, it really has been a bad decade for their supporters, surely now they have to reconsider their world views?

Cal. 24-02-2017 07:48 AM

Yaaasss at UKIP not winning :clap1:

Jack_ 24-02-2017 07:54 AM

The Prime Minister continues to refuse to confirm her position on a potential closure of a maternity ward at their hospital and what do the people of Copeland do? Elect a Tory MP. I've said it before and I'll say it again: turkeys voting for Christmas.

That being said, something has to give now. I've voted for Jeremy twice and still believe in his vision but the polls are catastrophic and results like this don't bode well. The problem is is that there's evidence of the electorate supporting many of his policy positions, but they just can't shake his baggage off. Which is a damn shame, the blame for which definitely lies at the hands of the media - but it's the only media we have and we have to work with it.

I don't know where we go from here. I've thought for a while perhaps give it a year to let the government trigger article 50 and then see if anything improves - but there's whispers she may be closing in on an early general election so there may be no time to waste at all. The next leader must stand on the same platform - of that I insist - I have absolutely no interest in the washy washy neoliberal monotony of the centre ground, if we're going to lose I want to lose backing a party whose policies I actually agree with. Someone like Clive Lewis seems perfect to me. Same platform, less baggage. That's what's needed. Quite when, I'm not sure.

Kizzy 24-02-2017 08:04 AM

Idiots, the PM refused to rule out closures in maternity services...that means women and babies at risk and fewer jobs in the area.
Just what an the tories do to people to wake them up?

Jeremy Corbyn is shouting at the top of his voice in the commons about saving the NHS and what is the focus?....Bastard Tom Watson, dabbing!!!

I can't deal :/

LeatherTrumpet 24-02-2017 08:51 AM

hopefully Diane Abbot will take over

:laugh2:

Alf 24-02-2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 9229374)
The Prime Minister continues to refuse to confirm her position on a potential closure of a maternity ward at their hospital and what do the people of Copeland do? Elect a Tory MP. I've said it before and I'll say it again: turkeys voting for Christmas.

That being said, something has to give now. I've voted for Jeremy twice and still believe in his vision but the polls are catastrophic and results like this don't bode well. The problem is is that there's evidence of the electorate supporting many of his policy positions, but they just can't shake his baggage off. Which is a damn shame, the blame for which definitely lies at the hands of the media - but it's the only media we have and we have to work with it.

I don't know where we go from here. I've thought for a while perhaps give it a year to let the government trigger article 50 and then see if anything improves - but there's whispers she may be closing in on an early general election so there may be no time to waste at all. The next leader must stand on the same platform - of that I insist - I have absolutely no interest in the washy washy neoliberal monotony of the centre ground, if we're going to lose I want to lose backing a party whose policies I actually agree with. Someone like Clive Lewis seems perfect to me. Same platform, less baggage. That's what's needed. Quite when, I'm not sure.

Or maybe people don't just vote on one issue, and maybe the potential closure of a maternity ward isn't the issue that's currently giving some people the most worry in their lives.

Crazy thought, I know, but crazy things do happen from time to time.

Jack_ 24-02-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 9229388)
Or maybe people don't just vote on one issue, and maybe the potential closure of a maternity ward isn't the issue that's currently giving some people the most worry in their lives.

Crazy thought, I know, but crazy things do happen from time to time.

Okay then, copy and paste any other Tory policy or mantra and the result is the same. Working class members of the electorate voting for the Conservatives are turkeys voting for Christmas.

Crazy things do happen from time to time, you're right..