ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Jeremy Corbyn admits being present at wreath-laying for Munich terrorists (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344636)

bitontheslide 15-08-2018 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10144336)
:joker: But yet when he became leader of the labour party people were practically worshipping him ,and even praising his son who nobody ever sees !!! .

Decades of being allied with terrorist groups?? Yet being portrayed as a super hero figure to the point where it's ridiculous , just doesn't make sense to me . Now all of a sudden he's the worst person ever?? .

If you look closely you'll realise the government in general has links with terrorists especially when it comes to helping supply with weapons etc and the list goes on .

Don't get me started on the dodgy deals May is making with the DUP ,I don't trust them.

Some people were worshiping him that were unaware of or refused to believe his shady past. Many, including myself have always said the guy is a shady terrorist supporter. Look back over time on this forum and you will see people noting his support of the ira terrorists and middle eastern terrorists. He has shared a platform with dodgy characters for decades. There are only so many times he can play the ... oh, i didn't know card.

His antisemitism is borne from his support of those terrorist organisations, same as many in the labour party, and now its firmly in public focus - as it should be. This guy could be the next PM and no matter peoples politics, its important that people know what they could be letting themselves in for. I am no particular fan of May, really don't like her at all, but she is not and never has been up to the dodgy dealings that Corbyn has.

GoldHeart 15-08-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10144341)
I'm not a Corbyn fan and I think he's clearly made plenty of suspect and unfortunate decisions, I don't particularly want him to be PM (though no less than I want VoJo or ****ing Tit Mogg as PM)

... but anyone who doesn't think there is currently a deliberate propaganda campaign against him is flat out deluded
:joker:. They did the same thing with Milliband; they just had less juicy material to work with so had to target his dad, his sandwich eating proficiency, and the fact that he looks like claymation.

"Corbyn HATES TEH JEWS!" certainly makes bolder headlines.

Exactly !!

Notice how we're hearing less & less about May & the Tories :suspect:.

As I previously said Milliband was mocked & treated like crap ,for no reason . People took the pee out his voice & his looks and even laughed at him eating a sandwich :bored: but none of them bothered to listen to him .

Interesting how people supported Cameron though ,who could easily of been mocked for his face . No matter what Labour always gets mud thrown at them , it's always the same.

Toy Soldier 15-08-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10144347)
I am no particular fan of May, really don't like her at all, but she is not and never has been up to the dodgy dealings that Corbyn has.

Well she did sell billions of pounds worth of military weaponry to Saudi Arabia which were then used on civilians. And, of course, claimed that she "didn't know". But I guess there aren't many high profile politicians who don't have a finger in that particular pie, so it gets overlooked as "the norm".

Livia 15-08-2018 11:26 AM

Corbyn is the leader of a party that has major problems with antisemitism and as leader he's done nothing to help rectify it. That doesn't mean to say the other parties are perfect... but Corbyn and his Labour party do have an antisemitism problem that no one is addressing. That's how I feel. And that's how my family feel, and we've discussed it at length. My grandmother thinks he's a dangerous man and is quite frightened of him, that's mostly because she is a holocaust survivor and knows how little it takes for a whole community to singled out and oppressed. Now, I'm not saying that Corbyn might turn into Hitler, but the fact that he has so many questions to answer and has answered none to my satisfaction makes him look weak at best and antisemitic at worst. Most Jewish people I speak to, including Labour supporters, think Cornbyn needs to piss or get off the pot when it comes to standing up to antisemitism. The fact that he has done so little makes up till now me think he doesn't want to.

Livia 15-08-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10144348)
Exactly !!

Notice how we're hearing less & less about May & the Tories :suspect:.

As I previously said Milliband was mocked & treated like crap ,for no reason . People took the pee out his voice & his looks and even laughed at him eating a sandwich :bored: but none of them bothered to listen to him .

Interesting how people supported Cameron though ,who could easily of been mocked for his face . No matter what Labour always gets mud thrown at them , it's always the same.

So you think that May and Boris and all the others in the Tory party never get mocked and treated like crap. Interesting...

It saddens me to think that Islamophobia is quite rightly not acceptable in the Labour party... antisemitism though? Well... they're Jews, right? Who cares? At least that's how it's come over to me lately.

GoldHeart 15-08-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10144351)
Well she did sell billions of pounds worth of military weaponry to Saudi Arabia which were then used on civilians. And, of course, claimed that she "didn't know". But I guess there aren't many high profile politicians who don't have a finger in that particular pie, so it gets overlooked as "the norm".

She'll always say she "didn't know"
Look at the windrush scandal, that's quickly being swept under the carpet now .

Livia 15-08-2018 11:36 AM

No one sold arms under Tony Blair? He took us to war on a lie. Talking about things being swept under the carpet...

GoldHeart 15-08-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10144357)
So you think that May and Boris and all the others in the Tory party never get mocked and treated like crap. Interesting...

It saddens me to think that Islamophobia is quite rightly not acceptable in the Labour party... antisemitism though? Well... they're Jews, right? Who cares? At least that's how it's come over to me lately.

No Livia :nono:
That's not what I said ,but they're getting less bad publicity it's do obvious what's happening.

I still don't believe Corbyn is anti-Semitic , he's probably associated or been linked with people who are but doesn't mean he is himself .

Toy Soldier 15-08-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10144361)
No one sold arms under Tony Blair? He took us to war on a lie. Talking about things being swept under the carpet...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10144351)
I guess there aren't many high profile politicians who don't have a finger in that particular pie, so it gets overlooked as "the norm".

Just because it's become commonplace, does not make it less serious.

GoldHeart 15-08-2018 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10144361)

:joker: Are you kidding?? , Nothing Blair did was ever swept under the carpet . Even now he still gets blamed for the war on Iraq

Livia 15-08-2018 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10144364)
No Livia :nono:
That's not what I said ,but they're getting less bad publicity it's do obvious what's happening.

I still don't believe Corbyn is anti-Semitic , he's probably associated or been linked with people who are but doesn't mean he is himself .

I think laying wreaths on the graves of terrorists colours my judgement about him. The IRA, the PLO, Hamas... there are plenty of terrorist causes he and his colleagues support. And he can't make the distinction between being Israeli and being Jewish.

Corbyn could have put an end to the antisemitism allegations a long, long time ago. But he didn't. Instead he's kept his silence and that can only lead me to believe he is antisemitic. And meanwhile his supporters respond with stuff like... It's all a smear campaign... and yeah, but what about the Tories!

Livia 15-08-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10144366)
:joker: Are you kidding?? , Nothing Blair did was ever swept under the carpet . Even now he still gets blamed for the war on Iraq

And are YOU kidding by claiming the Tories selling arms to Saudi has been swept under the carpet? How come we're talking about it??

Who else should be blamed for the war on Iraq?

All the political parties get trolled by the press. Singling out the Labour party as being particularly affected is more ridiculous than the antisemitism denials.

Toy Soldier 15-08-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10144379)
And are YOU kidding by claiming the Tories selling arms to Saudi has been swept under the carpet? How come we're talking about it??

All the political parties get trolled by the press. Singling out the Labour party as being particularly affected is more ridiculous than the antisemitism denials.

The mainstream UK tabloid press is heavily skewed towards the Conservatives. We're not going to start denying that now too, surely?

GoldHeart 15-08-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10144379)

It's being downplayed , labour are getting a much negative backlash that's my point.

The war on Iraq was both Blair & Bush let's open our eyes :nono:, I never said Blair didn't have a part in it but it wasn't just him .

Toy Soldier 15-08-2018 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10144382)
The war on Iraq was both Blair & Bush let's open our eyes :nono:, I never said Blair didn't have a part in it but it wasn't just him .

To be fair in my opinion there were far bigger global tides driving the Iraq war than individuals like Bush or Blair (it would have happened regardless of who was POTUS or PM) but I think that's a whooole other thread :joker:.

Livia 15-08-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10144382)
It's being downplayed , labour are getting a much negative backlash that's my point.

Well I can tell you that the feeling amongst Jews is very different.

I mean, he's denied he laid a wreath on the graves of the terrorist who killed Israelis at the Munich Olympics. He ONLY laid a wreath on terrorists who were training at a PLO camp in Tunis. Oh well, that's fine then!

There's also the fact that Labour want to change the definition of antisemitism. Everyone else in the world uses the definition in its entirety... but Labour want to change it.

I have not personally seen a news story in this country affect the Jewish community so deeply.... ever.

Livia 15-08-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10144381)
The mainstream UK tabloid press is heavily skewed towards the Conservatives. We're not going to start denying that now too, surely?

I don't read the tabloid press. And no one I know takes them seriously.

Antisemitism is a problem for Labour. With or without the tabloids.

And what do you mean, am I going to deny that "too".

Maybe I'm a little too close to this argument.

GoldHeart 15-08-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10144384)
To be fair in my opinion there were far bigger global tides driving the Iraq war than individuals like Bush or Blair (it would have happened regardless of who was POTUS or PM) but I think that's a whooole other thread :joker:.

But what I'm saying is nobody ever let's Blair forget that huge mistake he made , but Bush had a part in it as well .

Yeah maybe regardless we would of still gone to war with Iraq, but we'll never know now.

I remember Lib dem's later on saying "oh we'd of never gone to war " , I remember thinking sure it's easier to say that once the damages have been done . Back then lib dem's converted a few people towards them with their no war peace campaign. Now look at what's happened to them :bored: .

Livia 15-08-2018 12:05 PM

Tony Blair took THIS country to war. Bush didn't... Tony Blair was the leader of this country at the time. And it was the wrong decision made on faulty information.

I don't see why he should ever be allowed to forget.

GoldHeart 15-08-2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10144397)
Tony Blair took THIS country to war. Bush didn't... Tony Blair was the leader of this country at the time. And it was the wrong decision made on faulty information.

I don't see why he should ever be allowed to forget.

But DIDN'T you claim people swept Blair's actions under the carpet ?? .
I was pointing out that's NOT the case at all :nono: .

I never agreed with his decision , obviously we should NEVER of gone to war .

kirklancaster 15-08-2018 12:58 PM

Why is this thread being deflected onto Blair/May/The Size Of Donald Duck's Beak?

The subject here is ALL the decades of INCONTROVERTIBLE evidence that Corbyn is anti-Semitic and PRO-TERRORIST.

And as BOTS has pointed out the two are interrelated.

Mitigate all you want, deny all you want, deflect all you want, but the TRUTH is out there for all but the self-blind to see.

Toy Soldier 15-08-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirklancaster (Post 10144437)
Why is this thread being deflected onto Blair/May/The Size Of Donald Duck's Beak?

The subject here is ALL the decades of INCONTROVERTIBLE evidence that Corbyn is anti-Semitic and PRO-TERRORIST.

Mitigate all you want, deny all you want, deflect all you want, but the TRUTH is out there for all but the self-blind to see.

Because it's a debate forum and - whilst they did unthinkably add "celeb news" into the mix - as far as I'm aware, the forum is still called "Serious debates and News (...and Celebrity stuff)", not "Serious Announcements, Proclamations and Soapbox Speeches".

kirklancaster 15-08-2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10144482)
Because it's a debate forum and - whilst they did unthinkably add "celeb news" into the mix - as far as I'm aware, the forum is still called "Serious debates and News (...and Celebrity stuff)", not "Serious Announcements, Proclamations and Soapbox Speeches".

You KNOW all about 'soapbox speeches' T.S. being the greatest exponent, but your post still does not answer why the thread topic is being diverted away from Corbyn.

Greg! 15-08-2018 01:46 PM

arista 15-08-2018 01:59 PM

Yes he did a New TV news Interview saying it was about
the Attack on Tunisia

Toy Soldier 15-08-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirklancaster (Post 10144509)
You KNOW all about 'soapbox speeches' T.S. being the greatest exponent, but your post still does not answer why the thread topic is being diverted away from Corbyn.

:think: I have strong opinions but I've never discouraged anyone from sharing their own opinion, nor tried to discount opinions on the basis that it "isn't exactly on the thread title topic", as debates evolve as they progress. Discussing other current politicians as a compare / contrast is perfectly valid within a discussion about Corbyn (a current politician).

The idea that we MUST only mention Corbyn and we MUST only talk about the "newspaper facts" that he is antisemitic / a fan of terrorist groups, and that any other discussion is irrelevant, is an agenda-driven attempt to create a one-sided "announcement or proclamation", or soap-box speech.

"Hear ye hear ye! Corbyn hates Jews and loves Terrorism! What's that? Yes, you in the back, what did you say? Wait no, IRRELEVANT. Hear yeee hear ye."

GoldHeart 15-08-2018 03:02 PM

Quote:

Nothing is being deflected , it's a political thread therefore politics is talked about.

Corbyn is still the main topic

Nicky91 15-08-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10144582)
Nothing is being deflected , it's a political thread therefore politics is talked about.

Corbyn is still the main topic

true it's still very much on topic about Corbyn, i'd wish he wouldn't be a trending topic anymore tbh, i'm also the same tired about all the trump news, who is the only trending subject to talk about in america ugh

like there isn't anything other in the news than a corbyn or trump

Toy Soldier 15-08-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10144647)
true it's still very much on topic about Corbyn, i'd wish he wouldn't be a trending topic anymore tbh, i'm also the same tired about all the trump news, who is the only trending subject to talk about in america ugh

like there isn't anything other in the news than a corbyn or trump

That's the nature of propaganda Nicky... mass media over-exposure is all part of it.

Oliver_W 15-08-2018 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg! (Post 10144520)

While they're not buried in that cemetery, there is a plaque memorialising the Black September terrorists from 1972, which is where he was laying the wreath.

Livia 16-08-2018 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg! (Post 10144520)

That's it? That's your contribution?

Livia 16-08-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Because all the gentile Corbyn supporters say that he's not antisemitic. Just like we knew they would. Even Corbyn himself has admitted he was there... but no, he was just there as an innocent bystander. Allegedly.

Twosugars 16-08-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10144555)
:think: I have strong opinions but I've never discouraged anyone from sharing their own opinion, nor tried to discount opinions on the basis that it "isn't exactly on the thread title topic", as debates evolve as they progress. Discussing other current politicians as a compare / contrast is perfectly valid within a discussion about Corbyn (a current politician).

The idea that we MUST only mention Corbyn and we MUST only talk about the "newspaper facts" that he is antisemitic / a fan of terrorist groups, and that any other discussion is irrelevant, is an agenda-driven attempt to create a one-sided "announcement or proclamation", or soap-box speech.

"Hear ye hear ye! Corbyn hates Jews and loves Terrorism! What's that? Yes, you in the back, what did you say? Wait no, IRRELEVANT. Hear yeee hear ye."

Thank you, TS, for standing up for what SD&N should be. A debating forum.

bitontheslide 16-08-2018 11:21 AM

I always have a problem when deflection tactics are used. Does someone elses deeds that is not the topic of the thread somehow reduce the actions of the person in the topic?

I mean really, what has selling arms to Saudi Arabia got to do with it? Which, just for the record is not breaking any embargo's. The UK has a defense industry employing thousands upon thousands of people. Would the preference be for these people to lose their jobs? I might also add that labour has been just as keen to supply the very same countries with arms.

The subject of the thread is another example of a potential future prime minister of this country's link and support for terrorists.

Maru 16-08-2018 12:25 PM

I think we can simply point out (as bits just eloquently did), hey I think that is deflecting here, the reasons why and then just go back to the original issue, and let that be part of the debate...

Though one of my biggest pet peeves during conversation, real life especially, is when it's with folk who almost always want to bring up their annoyances on how they wish the discussion would proceed rather than simply having one. It happens often with certain people, and I almost always end up rage-quitting internally every time... it's usually indicative of defensiveness for me, though there are some people who like too much to referee discussions. I tend to think they suck at conversation for that reason.

Anyway I think off-topic rule should apply here to an extent. Though I should mention quite a few of us are very bad at this at the moment tbqf*f :laugh: (like right now) ...

Toy Soldier 16-08-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10146208)
I always have a problem when deflection tactics are used. Does someone elses deeds [...] somehow reduce the actions of the person [...]?

I might also add that labour has been just as keen to supply the very same countries with arms.

... :think:

LeatherTrumpet 16-08-2018 01:33 PM

why was he there graves or no graves?

what has it to do with the UK?

Maru 16-08-2018 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10146496)
... :think:

It is possible to make multiple points against a single point in the same post since it has already been brought up.

Oliver_W 17-08-2018 10:16 PM

https://image.ibb.co/cVn1YK/corbynnn.png

haha!

Maru 17-08-2018 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10153458)

The root cause, his subconscious has an addiction to controversy! Time to sign up for rehab...