ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Former Japanese internment camp to house migrant children... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357735)

arista 14-06-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10592174)
It was an outrage then and it's an outrage now, that article doesn't change a thing. Why aren't you criticising the current administration for not fixing a mistake by the previous administration? It seems like Trump's content to keep repeating the same mistakes as his predecessor while blaming them instead of taking responsibility in not changing a damn thing, in fact, he has made the whole situation worse since family separations by the border forces were dramatically lower and were rarely done more than a dozen times throughout Obama's reign compared to the thousands of children separated from their parents under Trump's regime.

Blaming Obama for Trump choosing to make the same mistakes make no sense. It's just a diversion to try to brush the bodies of these dead children under the rug.

Not by you

chuff me dizzy 14-06-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10592185)
The President get away with everything.

Worst President in living memory ,yet hailed a St ,he had the worst record for kicking out immigrants ever

Tom4784 14-06-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10592180)
Kids do not get separated from thier parents...they get separated from people claiming to be thier uncle or some other relative...a wise move in this day and age.

And you think there's been thousands of kids crossing the border with people pretending to be their parents? Do you honestly believe that's realistic?

Tom4784 14-06-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10592184)
The parents are supposed to care for thier child, hence the uprooting in the first place...I look at it more like the parents are being detained and they just happen to have thier child with them.

read up on each child a bit more..:shrug:

The parents are detained, their ability to care for an ill child is limited by the people keeping them detained, hence duty of care.

Tom4784 14-06-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10592187)
Not by you

And how the **** do you know what I am outraged by, Arista? You don't so don't try it.

Tom4784 14-06-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 10592188)
Worst President in living memory ,yet hailed a St ,he had the worst record for kicking out immigrants ever

A good example of a very selective memory.

Where is your condemnation for the current administration and their failings?

parmnion 14-06-2019 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10592210)
The parents are detained, their ability to care for an ill child is limited by the people keeping them detained, hence duty of care.

It was the people who are keeping them detained that took the kids to hospital because they were vomiting. .the parents in one case were waving them away.

Matthew. 14-06-2019 04:15 PM

This is awful and I’m sorry but if you think this is okay then there’s something missing, either a heart, a brain, or in some cases in here, both.

thesheriff443 14-06-2019 04:16 PM

Nothing any one posts in this thread will make any difference, no matter how much you are out raged.

parmnion 14-06-2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew. (Post 10592275)
This is awful and I’m sorry but if you think this is okay then there’s something missing, either a heart, a brain, or in some cases, both.

What!!! opening up other buildings and areas to help the over crowding in other areas is awful....and people who think this is ok don't have a heart or a brain...are you sure?

Matthew. 14-06-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10592279)
What!!! opening up other buildings and areas to help the over crowding in other areas is awful....and people who think this is ok don't have a heart or a brain...are you sure?

I mean the conditions of the place... This is what I mean, brainless.

parmnion 14-06-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew. (Post 10592280)

I'm sure it's had a lick off paint, silly.

Oliver_W 14-06-2019 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew. (Post 10592280)

Given that it's currently an army base, I can't imagine the conditions are the same as they were back in last century, when it was used as an internment camp ... or do you know something we don't?