ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB10 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Is it racist to dislike Siavash? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114978)

shavile 26-08-2009 09:22 AM

Is it racist to dislike Siavash?

I think it is racist to dislike Iranian Siavash. Do you dislike him just because he is Muslim & Iranian & foreign & not British?

:hugesmile:

Jordan. 26-08-2009 09:23 AM

No

Dr.Gonzo 26-08-2009 09:25 AM

It'd be racist to dislike him because of his race. That is all.

davidalbert 26-08-2009 09:26 AM

Oh please....! there are lots of lovely IRANIAN exiles living in Britain but Siavash is NOT one of them! its his personality/character that SUCKS! and NOT his race!
still, we always have to have one person SHAVILE to lower the INTELLIGENCE of this site!

bettiepage 26-08-2009 09:27 AM

.....:shocked:

shavile 26-08-2009 09:28 AM

Siavash to win. All Iran is watching.:hugesmile:

Luanda 26-08-2009 09:33 AM

I think it can also be a cultural thing. As British, our way of reacting to certain events is different from other nationalities. That is just the way things are. Iranians deal with things differently to say, Norwegians. Americans deal with certain situations differently to Australians. It is not racist to observe these differences, these differences make humans what they are.

It is often said that travel broadens the mind and it is true an awareness of other cultures makes people more tolerant and understanding. If you are aware of why a person reacts in a certain way then you can understand it.

Lack of understanding leads to racism.

davidalbert 26-08-2009 09:35 AM

...anyone from ANY race can be kind, say...and anyone from any race can be SLY, say......as Siavash is sly......

Zien 26-08-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by shavile
I think it is racist to dislike Iranian Siavash. Do you dislike him just because he is Muslim & Iranian & foreign & not British?

what a thread - get a grip:mad: I think you will find ppl dislike Siavash purely because he is unlikeable nothing to do with race religion of sexual preference.

ange7 26-08-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

shavile = trolling Marcus fan and one the people that responded created the account
sad

shavile 26-08-2009 09:49 AM

I love Shavile.:hugesmile:

Combo 26-08-2009 09:49 AM

Your post reminded me of the government and what most Muslims think about British people and there opinion. If you dislike a foreigner your racist apparently, but it's not.

Barbie 26-08-2009 09:49 AM

Disliking Siavash is to do with his personality, people don't see him as Siavash the Iranian or Rodrigo as the Brazillian, they are just people and siavash just happens to be irritating!

Marc 26-08-2009 09:59 AM

What? of course it isn't... what a stupid question

Prole 26-08-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

What a bloody ridiculously immature question.

charmingmissc 26-08-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Prole
Quote:

What a bloody ridiculously immature question.
agreed