ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB10 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Was Sophie really a worthy winner? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118636)

DoM-h 07-09-2009 06:58 PM

Was Sophie really a worthy winner?

The answer to this question is :

Yes, i beleive she did just enough to past the line to be a worthy winner.

I also beleive there were 3 or 4 housemates that deserved it more. But that's just my opinion

Housemates I THINK were more worthy:

.Marcus
.Rodrigo
.Freddie
.Siavash

setanta 07-09-2009 06:59 PM

No, she wasn't a worthy winner at all but she'll have to do I suppose.

Beastie 07-09-2009 07:00 PM

Marcus, Freddie, Angel or Hira would have made more worthy winners but still happy for Sophie that she won.

Chantel 07-09-2009 07:01 PM

not in my opinion but rather her than Charlie

MissKittyFantastico 07-09-2009 07:02 PM

Not for me she wasn't, she wasn't even one of the biggest characters in the house this year, to be fair she was pretty dull, all she talked about was her boobs, getting fat, Kris and her hopes for her career when she came out. No major storylines apart from the pregnancy thing which was all bullshit anyway.

Out of those that were left in the house, Rodrigo and Siavash deserved to win more than she did, both far more entertaining.

Marcus and Freddie should have been in the final, either of them winning would have been a far better result too imo.

Viper29 07-09-2009 07:03 PM

In terms of likability then she didn't really do much wrong compared to the others.
In terms of deservability then no, she didn't really do much at all.
Don't get me wrong, I like the girl, she seems nice, but when her best bit was taking a paint filled balloon so gracefully in the face, you know something is wrong, lol:shrug:

DoM-h 07-09-2009 07:04 PM

Yeah but my point is.

Admitidley there were housemates alot more worthy then her.

But it could of been alot worse.

setanta 07-09-2009 07:06 PM

Her lack of vanity was very refreshing though- I'll give her that. I mean I'm sure she won over many with her weight gain and apparent lack of ego, which is an unusual trait for a Big Brother contestant to possess nowadays.

blue-stairs-rock-x 07-09-2009 07:21 PM

No

The only things i can really remember doing in the house are:

Getting hit by the paint balloon
Eating
Stealing alcohol
Pretending to be drunk
The map task

She said some very bitchy things(eg. hes probably in a straightjacket banging his head against the wall.) i do not know if this was simply because she was easil led or because this was a true part of her personality (im starting to excpect the latter due to how she comes across in interviews on the outside) but it wasnt nice

i did not see much in her in terms of likeability and nothing in terms of deservability.

out of all the housemates this year i think freddie was the most deserving was freddie. out of the housemates on the final i think the most deserving was siavash.

CallumJoshuaSturt 07-09-2009 07:46 PM

yeah Sophie was

CallumJoshuaSturt 07-09-2009 07:46 PM

yeah Sophie was

aiv 07-09-2009 07:54 PM

[rquote=2553367&tid=147128&author=blue-stairs-rock-x]No

Eating
Stealing alcohol
Pretending to be drunk
The map task

She said some very bitchy things(eg. hes probably in a straightjacket banging his head against the wall.) i do not know if this was simply because she was easil led or because this was a true part of her personality (im starting to excpect the latter due to how she comes across in interviews on the outside) but it wasnt nice

i did not see much in her in terms of likeability and nothing in terms of deservability.

out of all the housemates this year i think freddie was the most deserving was freddie. out of the housemates on the final i think the most deserving was siavash.[/rquote]

Love your banner :thumbs:

Twilight 07-09-2009 07:57 PM

[rquote=2553367&tid=147128&author=blue-stairs-rock-x]No

Eating
Stealing alcohol
Pretending to be drunk
The map task

out of all the housemates this year i think freddie was the most deserving was freddie. out of the housemates on the final i think the most deserving was siavash.[/rquote]
Your banner:love:

Enid 07-09-2009 07:59 PM

It was a fix or the voters were more stupid than I thought.

76%!?! Blasphemy!

Jords 07-09-2009 08:07 PM

At first I thought yeah, why not, nice girl and that.
But now im not too sure, seems she will waste the money, and is being a bit of a bitch to kris
(tho old your dick is small insult and all that - if it was really said).

Also, I dont really remember her doing something really rememberable or being a big characted.
But I did love her in the house, but she lacked these qualities. Even Hira had her legendary cake task, her singing, her dance routine and her work out, sophie, well she got drunk alot.

My favourites in order: Freddie, Angel, Marcus, Hira, Sophie, Siavash
My favourites in deservability order: Freddie, Marcus, Siavash, Hira, Angel, Sophie

Oooo_get_her 07-09-2009 08:19 PM

Nah - not really.

I dunno why everyone things she was so sweet and honest - she just wasn't. She was at least as two faced as any of the rest of them, more than some.

I mean - if two-facedness was a disqualification there would never be a winner - I just don't get why people think she was so great. :shrug:

paulie57 07-09-2009 08:23 PM

Personally I don't think any of the HMs this year DESERVED to win but I'm just glad she beat Charlie and David.

staceyxxx 07-09-2009 08:24 PM

[rquote=2553291&tid=147128&author=DoM-h]The answer to this question is :

Yes, i beleive she did just enough to past the line to be a worthy winner.

I also beleive there were 3 or 4 housemates that deserved it more. But that's just my opinion

Housemates I THINK were more worthy:

.Marcus
.Rodrigo
.Freddie
.Siavash[/rquote]
yes,, i agree with you,, totally ,, completley.

RCW1945 07-09-2009 08:29 PM

I agree with Setanta. She completely demolished the blonde, big-breasted glamour model stereotype by showing no vanity.
Just imagine many, many female* past-HMs being re-named "dog-face" (a very insulting nom-de-guerre) and taking it as smoothly as Sophie did.

* and a lot of males

shash 07-09-2009 08:32 PM

Frankly, no, I don't think so. But of the finalists, if it wasn't going to go to Siavash then I am glad she won it over Rodrigo and the appallingly awful Charlie.

Z 07-09-2009 08:34 PM

[rquote=2553590&tid=147128&author=RCW1945]I agree with Setanta. She completely demolished the blonde, big-breasted glamour model stereotype by showing no vanity.
Just imagine many, many female* past-HMs being re-named "dog-face" (a very insulting nom-de-guerre) and taking it as smoothly as Sophie did.

* and a lot of males [/rquote]

I think that coupled with her general fun attitude towards most things was why she won.

I think she was a worthy winner out of the five finalists we had, and I think she was definitely my choice for winner after Marcus had been evicted (he wasn't my favourite, but I think he would have been the worthiest winner); similarly we lost Freddie far too early (but I wouldn't have wanted him to win), I would have liked to have seen Angel and Noirin make the final, but it wasn't to be.

I think there were bigger characters than Sophie this year, but she really started to shine in the last month of the program, I feel.

*mazedsalv** 07-09-2009 08:37 PM

Yes. She was not vain like most people thought she was, was anice girl but just got into the wrong crowd, she became more and more better as weeks went on. Very happy for her. I mean a typical blonde with big boobs woukd throw a tantrum over being called "Dogface" on National TV, she took it very well, and she grew to love the name as she said when she changed it back, she wanted to keep the name. She joked about it, by crawling on the floor like a dog, most females wouldnt do that at all.

But Freddie or Marcus should have given her a run for her money if they were still there.

MassiveTruck 07-09-2009 08:42 PM

If you measure it by housemates who provided more to the house and those who provided less, Sophie was the right winner.

In Marcus' group they were immediately and grossly offensive and were easily led by women.

This leaves, Sophie, Rodrigo or David to win.

Addy 07-09-2009 08:57 PM

sophie provided nothing!

You mean being dumb, showing no underwear when she was drunk, she & kris, saying she had s*x when she did not and being overall lack of backbone but riding on the block voting is a 'right' winner ..... is terribly sad!!!!

Bombardier 08-09-2009 03:16 AM

Not a great winner.

Stupidity is easy to fake. Fake stupidity is hard to put on trial. Real intelligence or character are much harder to fake. I wish people would stop falling for these thick-headed housemates.