ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Christmas cards by Tories didn’t mention Christmas (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123275)

LeatherTrumpet 26-11-2009 12:30 PM

Christmas cards by Tories didn’t mention Christmas

http://www.christian.org.uk/news/chr...ion-christmas/

Now was this just an accident or was some single, city dwelling 20 year old tasked with this job a wee bit worried that "someone" would get offended and they would get the blame?

you could not make this crap up

Iceman 26-11-2009 12:33 PM

what absolute idiots!

NettoSuperstar! 26-11-2009 12:33 PM

No this is crap, racists like you make up to make it look like the worlds gone PC mad! The intention was never there mate, the Tory guy said it was an oversight, same with all the other pc gone mad myths that get dreamt up and passed off as fact! This article is based on assumption and nothing substantial...FAIL

MissKittyFantastico 26-11-2009 12:38 PM

Oversight my arse! If a point hadn't been made about it, do you honestly think they would have printed new ones saying 'Merry Christmas'?!

All politicians are fecking liars.

LeatherTrumpet 26-11-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NettoSuperstar! (Post 2710744)
No this is crap racists like you make up to make it look like the worlds gone PC mad! The intention was never there mate, the Tory guy said it was an oversight, same with all the other pc gone mad myths that get dreamt up and passed off as fact

Yes, lets have a Christmas card with a random winter scene and no mention of Christmas.

just an oversight.

LeatherTrumpet 26-11-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NettoSuperstar! (Post 2710744)
No this is crap racists like you make up to make it look like the worlds gone PC mad! The intention was never there mate, the Tory guy said it was an oversight, same with all the other pc gone mad myths that get dreamt up and passed off as fact

and less of the racist. if you cannot make your point without name calling then dont make one.

(is a crap racist, a racist who is not racist?)

NettoSuperstar! 26-11-2009 12:48 PM

No its is the crap you racists make up, you know exactly what you are!

30stone 26-11-2009 12:51 PM

Could have been overlooked.
Maybe not, surely every card says merry christmas inside.. so obviously somthing wrong there.

They have added merry christmas ones on now :)

LeatherTrumpet 26-11-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NettoSuperstar! (Post 2710757)
No its is the crap you racists make up, you know exactly what you are!

Sorry, you believe that this was an oversight. you are taking the Conservative PR people on face value?

LeatherTrumpet 26-11-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 30stone (Post 2710762)
Could have been overlooked.
Maybe not, surely every card says merry christmas inside.. so obviously somthing wrong there.

They have added merry christmas ones on now :)

can you imagine how many checks and meetings that would have had to be had before this was agreed?

this was no oversight. this is a gaff that they have hastily tried to cover up.

Alf 26-11-2009 12:54 PM

netto is a racist

NettoSuperstar! 26-11-2009 12:54 PM

Do you spend all day looking for snippets of information to try and back up your vile views?...your obssessed!

LeatherTrumpet 26-11-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NettoSuperstar! (Post 2710767)
Do you spend all day looking for snippets of information to try and back up your vile views?...your obssessed!

sorry what vile views are you referring too in this thread. Wanting Christmas to be Christmas?

Shaun 26-11-2009 12:59 PM

What about all the other cards people send without the words 'Christmas' in them? Mine just say season's greetings - sure, I write 'Merry Christmas' and what not myself, but I don't really like the implied accusation against the Conservatives here. :\

30stone 26-11-2009 01:01 PM

Every christmas card ive bought has said merry christmas inside i think.

Or do they just mean the outside?

LeatherTrumpet 26-11-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 2710771)
What about all the other cards people send without the words 'Christmas' in them? Mine just say season's greetings - sure, I write 'Merry Christmas' and what not myself, but I don't really like the implied accusation against the Conservatives here. :\

"Two years ago David Cameron, the leader of the Conservative Party, slammed politically correct Christmas cards that didn’t mention Christmas as “insulting tosh”."

LeatherTrumpet 26-11-2009 01:10 PM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...n-Britain.html

30stone 26-11-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 2710791)

Should keep this on chritsmas cards :)

Stu 26-11-2009 01:14 PM

The Tories Christmas cards did not mention Christmas? Oh ****! This is about 2012, isn't it! Everybody TO THE BUNKER!

LeatherTrumpet 26-11-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 2710797)
The Tories Christmas cards did not mention Christmas? Oh ****! This is about 2012, isn't it! Everybody TO THE BUNKER!

i bet you will moan when you get your one though

Stu 26-11-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 2710798)
i bet you will moan when you get your one though

I get mine all the time and I usually moan.

LeatherTrumpet 26-11-2009 01:19 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-brigade.html

the first comment at the bottom, if serious, is a classic!

Prole 26-11-2009 01:44 PM

The Conservative card (the one sent out by the Tory party as an organisation) says "Season's Greetings". For those who are struggling with the semantics of this simple phrase, it means greetings of the SEASON. The season in this case being Christmas.

Each MP, whichever party they represent, will choose his or her own Christmas card. Some will choose religious cards, some will choose more secular cards. The choice is theirs. Surely most people will send cards that don't have a religious theme, and that's because most people in this country are not Christians. Even those who profess to be Christians often never go to church and a deeply hypocritical.

A huge proportion of people at the last census put "Jedi" as their chosen religion. May The Force Be With You This Christmas.

Wildcat! 26-11-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prole (Post 2710842)
The Conservative card (the one sent out by the Tory party as an organisation) says "Season's Greetings". For those who are struggling with the semantics of this simple phrase, it means greetings of the SEASON. The season in this case being Christmas.

Each MP, whichever party they represent, will choose his or her own Christmas card. Some will choose religious cards, some will choose more secular cards. The choice is theirs. Surely most people will send cards that don't have a religious theme, and that's because most people in this country are not Christians. Even those who profess to be Christians often never go to church and a deeply hypocritical.

A huge proportion of people at the last census put "Jedi" as their chosen religion. May The Force Be With You This Christmas.

And seasons greetings represents the whole holiday season, including christmas and new years.

Niamh. 26-11-2009 02:05 PM

Plenty of Christmas cards just say Seasons Greetings, So what like??