ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   'Mr Brightside' voted XFM song of decade (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123719)

Arneldo 02-12-2009 01:07 PM

'Mr Brightside' voted XFM song of decade

Quote:

The Killers' 2004 hit 'Mr Brightside' has been voted the song of the decade by XFM listeners.

The track, which is included on the group's debut album Hot Fuss, beat off competition from Arctic Monkeys' 'I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor' at two and Kings Of Leon's 'Sex On Fire' in third place.

The Killers scored a second entry in the top ten with 'Somebody Told Me' at nine, while 'All These Things That I've Done' made 22 and 'When You Were Young' was voted in at 41.

Elsewhere, Franz Ferdinand's second single 'Take Me Out' made it to number 12 and Coldplay's 'Yellow' was voted 17th best song of the decade.

The top ten XFM songs of the decade:

1. The Killers: 'Mr Brightside'
2. Arctic Monkeys: 'I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor'
3. Kings Of Leon: 'Sex On Fire'
4. Muse: 'Knights Of Cydonia'
5. Elbow: 'One Day Like This'
6. The White Stripes: 'Seven Nation Army'
7. Ian Brown: 'F.E.A.R.'
8. The Strokes: 'Last Nite'
9. The Killers: 'Somebody Told Me'
10. MGMT: 'Kids'
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/ne...of-decade.html

Princess 02-12-2009 01:11 PM

Brilliant song.

Stu 02-12-2009 01:16 PM

Good song but terrible list. None of the songs are particularly bad, just bland. This has been the decade of bland, flat MTV2 rock music. Can't stand the stuff, personally.

CaraRawr 02-12-2009 02:22 PM

I love that song.

Iceman 02-12-2009 02:29 PM

Number 2 should be number 1!!! haha

Novo 02-12-2009 02:40 PM

Chels 02-12-2009 03:02 PM

I adore that song<3
Wish Muse came second though, Knights of Cydonia is amazing.

InOne 02-12-2009 03:04 PM

Mr Brightside? Ew reminds of all the annoying indie kids with the silly hats and waistcoats.

Shaun 02-12-2009 03:08 PM

Legendary, but there're better than Somebody Told Me :\

and wtf @ Sex On Fire at No.3. I wouldn't rank it in the top 10 of 2008, let the decade.

InOne 02-12-2009 03:12 PM

Ian Brown's F.E.A.R is better than Mr Brightside

Stu 02-12-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InOne (Post 2727243)
Mr Brightside? Ew reminds of all the annoying indie kids with the silly hats and waistcoats.

Fucking A. ''Look, I'm all cool by not trying to be cool!''. This classy male twat has to be the second worst fashion trend of the decade after Topman's army of ~NeOn PuRpLe guys in T-Shirts that were only mildly funny when they were available from eBay in 1998.

Shaun 02-12-2009 03:14 PM

I have to concede that loud, obnoxious ***** have ruined Mr. Brightside somewhat :( it's played on every night out.

InOne 02-12-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 2727275)
Fucking A. ''Look, I'm all cool by not trying to be cool!''. This classy male twat has to be the second worst fashion trend of the decade after Topman's army of ~NeOn PuRpLe guys in T-Shirts that were only mildly funny when they were available from eBay in 1998.

These are bad times we live in Stu, so many people that need punching!!! And i'm a pacifist!!! (Most of the time)

*mazedsalv** 02-12-2009 03:48 PM

Defenitley agree, I dont like this kind of music, but theres something about Mr Brightside, great song!

MrGaryy 02-12-2009 03:50 PM

um Beautiful - Christina Aguilera >

Stu 03-12-2009 02:13 PM

All these Best White Songs/Albums of the decade lists doing the rounds now are boring me to tears. Where's the rest of the genres? Pretty much just all indie records. Narrow-minded middle class 'I'm a part-time radio DJ' tripe. God forbid that some of these people making up the list should listen to anything outside their minute clique!

ThisIsMarie 06-12-2009 11:38 PM

It's so hard to express how much I absolutely love this song.

Literally on another level.

More than just liking the actual song if that makes any sense?
Obviously, I do love the song itself, sooooo much, but it's more than that. It just means so much to me.
Everything about it, everything I see it to represent (which is much more to me than just what it says) and then other personal stuff that makes it special to me.

I just LOVE it SO much ! :lovedup:

__________________________________________________ _
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 2727275)

:shocked: I'm really shocked! I have never slightly thought of them like that and I've never come across someone that does before.
I find those OTT indie people annoying too. The Killers really aren't like that!
The Killers are lovely and humble, down-to-earth people. They are not at all the indie poser type, they just have that style.
Besides there style isn't that indie really anyway, they just dress quite smart. Not all the over dramatic weird clothes just to be different and "cool" like
Quote:

the annoying indie kids with the silly hats and waistcoats.

Stu 06-12-2009 11:39 PM

I ... never said the Killers were that? I was just passing a general comment on indie folks. Well, not all of them but ... you know the ones :wink:.

InOne 06-12-2009 11:40 PM

I saw The Killers in 05, they were great then. But after that, meh.

Patrick 06-12-2009 11:40 PM

Ah good on Elbow for getting one of the best Songs in the world to #5
Should be higher though, well done Kings of Leon.
That song always reminds me of Jamie Archer now lol

Patrick 07-12-2009 12:05 AM

Oh cool
MGMT are up there too!

Not a bad list but deffenatly not in the right order!

Scarlett. 07-12-2009 12:14 AM

Why is that list filled with Indie shite? There have been a lot better songs that "Sachs on fire"

Iceman 07-12-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 2741122)
I ... never said the Killers were that? I was just passing a general comment on indie folks. Well, not all of them but ... you know the ones :wink:.

I should shoot you!:joker:

Stu 07-12-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schumacher (Post 2741953)
I should shoot you!:joker:

Ah now :joker:.

Indie's a huge genre. I like the ones who show up to festivals fighting through crowds with a Heiniken in each hand trying to get their mate to light a fag hanging from their mouth.

It's the top hat's and ties and T-Shirts that say 'I was born in the 80's MEGA LOLZ' shtick that gets me.

InOne 07-12-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 2741958)
Ah now :joker:.

Indie's a huge genre. I like the ones who show up to festivals fighting through crowds with a Heiniken in each hand trying to get their mate to light a fag hanging from their mouth.

It's the top hat's and ties and T-Shirts that say 'I was born in the 80's MEGA LOLZ' shtick that gets me.

Yeah they seem obsessed with the 80's and think it was 'their decade'