ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 2002 - 2014 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Celebrity pair in rat eating row (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123969)

Twilight 06-12-2009 10:06 AM

Celebrity pair in rat eating row

Quote:

I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! winner Gino D'Acampo and fellow contestant Stuart Manning face criminal charges for animal cruelty after cooking and eating a rat on the programme. The pair were part of a group in "exile" for part of the series, which meant meagre rations of rice and beans.

A lack of meat prompted the contestants to apparently catch, kill and eat a rat.

D'Acampo, 33, said in the show's video diary room the Bush Telegraph: "I saw one of these rats running around. I got a knife, I got its throat, I picked it up."

The group, including 30-year-old Manning, ate the rat and enjoyed the meal.

Chief Insp David Oshannessy from the RSPCA in New South Wales, said it was not acceptable that an animal had been killed as part of a performance. ITV was unavailable for comment
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20091206/...w-ea4616c.html

I'm happy about this because what they did was sick tbh.

Harry! 06-12-2009 10:09 AM

Dont we eat wild chickens? If that is against the law to eat a live animal then farmers should be punnished too.

LemonJam 06-12-2009 10:15 AM

...but people eat animals all the time?

I'm a vegetarian anyway but that's a bit... strange no?

KKBL 06-12-2009 10:19 AM

What he did was disgusting TBH but millions if not billions of animal are killed every year so that we can eat them so how is this any different?

Chels 06-12-2009 10:59 AM

The Aussie RSPCA are pathetic tbf.
They ate live Witchety Grubs and stuff and that's not cruelty, so why should a rat be any different? :conf:
Anyway if the RSPCA are going to be that ridiculous they should put the blame on the producers, NOT Gino and Stuart.

pinkmichk 06-12-2009 11:03 AM

so eating live bugs that are running off the table is ok but a rat isnt double standards much?

arista 06-12-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recylopse (Post 2737246)
Dont we eat wild chickens? If that is against the law to eat a live animal then farmers should be punnished too.

They have Laws down there
that have been broken.

Chuck the Fat Producer in Jail.
He was in charge
could have told them not to eat the Rat.

Jords 06-12-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkmichk (Post 2737295)
so eating live bugs that are running off the table is ok but a rat isnt double standards much?

Agreed, and I bet that rat died in better condition than 10000s+ of chickens which are cooped up getting stressed and ready to be y'know, made into chicken burgers. This is silly imo.

30stone 06-12-2009 11:44 AM

Meh people always kill rats?

You see a rat in your garden you try kill it.. my brother always gets the air rifle as does my grandad.

they are desiese carrying rodents and there are to many of them..

Stu 06-12-2009 11:47 AM

I'm a vegetarian too and to be honest I find this completely baffling. Have they anything better to do? Christ.

GypsyGoth 06-12-2009 11:51 AM

Weird.

_Seth 06-12-2009 01:39 PM

They're always being cruel to animals. Eating them alive, stepping on them, taping crocs noses closed.

MissKittyFantastico 06-12-2009 01:40 PM

What a load of PC bullshit.

arista 06-12-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 30stone (Post 2737341)
Meh people always kill rats?

You see a rat in your garden you try kill it.. my brother always gets the air rifle as does my grandad.

they are desiese carrying rodents and there are to many of them..

Now your Young Dog can Kill them.

Novo 06-12-2009 01:44 PM

D'Acampo, 33, said in the show's video diary room the Bush Telegraph: "I saw one of these rats running around. I got a knife, I got its throat, I picked it up."

^

He did it the right way, Nice quick death for the rat and under the fire until nice and crispy

Nothing wrong with it, Gino is a great chef and eat Cooked Rat if it was made by him

red 06-12-2009 01:56 PM

charged with RAT murder..?:eek:

sry but thats just bizarre.. imo:crazy:

Jordan. 06-12-2009 04:05 PM

What a load of crap thats is :|

Scarlett. 06-12-2009 05:39 PM

This is stupid, there is some fugly woman on ITV news saying it is "rate bad" or somthing like that...:crazy:

'Conor 06-12-2009 08:42 PM

so we kill rats by mouse traps in houses all the time we do they have to get fined?? its stupid if u ask me and besides no one likes rats so who cares!

Patrick 06-12-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM13086 (Post 2740095)
so we kill rats by mouse traps in houses all the time we do they have to get fined?? its stupid if u ask me and besides no one likes rats so who cares!

Thats one of the most ****ing retarded post i`ve ever read on here.

The OP isnt the full Artical which is in the News of the world so you didnt get the full story..

Bush Tucker Trial Rats arent these dangerous scary things as everyone thinks..
There PET Rats, the cute ones that People DO CARE about.

Exile Camp had a few rats but they werent Wild Rats.
They were Rats people use for Pets.
So they were the Bush Tucker Trial rats.
Completely Harmless, Gino KILLED it.

Its like Killing a Innocent and Harmless Baby.
Diffrent if the Rat was a wild Rat like the ones we kill with Mouse Traps.

So imagine if he killed a Hamster...
Thats what its like!

So yes People DO CARE ABOUT RATS.
I read this story in the paper today and didnt understand the fuss either until I got to the part where a Producer said the Rat escaped from the Bush Tucker Trials.

King Gizzard 06-12-2009 11:25 PM

This is some crap right there.

RSPCA mugs.

Stu 06-12-2009 11:26 PM

Patrick just delivered another classic, I reckon. I can't even begin to tackle it's stupidity. Least of all comparing babies to rats.

Do you eat meat Patrick? If so, shut the fuck up, essentially.

So it's okay to eat animals as long as they are not considered 'pets'? Where the fuck is the logic in that? Your still eating a fucking animal at the end of the day. The animals don't know any different.

You eat chickens, pigs and cows all the time. Ones that have suffered far worse circumstances just to get into your stomach to power that brain. Don't go playing the violin for a rat.

Jack_ 06-12-2009 11:26 PM

Oh dear, beyond ridiculous.

Not their problem anyway, the production team should've stopped them but they didn't, so it should be them they're taking to court, not Gino and Stuart.

Stephanie 06-12-2009 11:36 PM

anyone hungry? -finds a rat-

Patrick 06-12-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 2741059)
Patrick just delivered another classic, I reckon. I can't even begin to tackle it's stupidity. Least of all comparing babies to rats.

Do you eat meat Patrick? If so, shut the fuck up, essentially.

So it's okay to eat animals as long as they are not considered 'pets'? Where the fuck is the logic in that? Your still eating a fucking animal at the end of the day. The animals don't know any different.

You eat chickens, pigs and cows all the time. Ones that have suffered far worse circumstances just to get into your stomach to power that brain. Don't go playing the violin for a rat.

Yes I do eat meat, nothing wrong with it but it was a Pet Rat so I was just telling that dude the reason why Gino and Stuart are being charged.
Because it wasnt a wild rat it was a Tame Rat.