ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Last album you downloaded/bought (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125373)

MrGaryy 27-12-2009 04:59 AM

Last album you downloaded/bought

thought this would be a cool idea to discuss new albums or old gems. Just say what the last album you bought or downloaded [or were given what with the time of year and all] was and what you think of it. :)

tonight I downloaded Leona Lewis' Echo cos I quite liked Happy and her cover of Stop Crying Your Heart Out. I must say the album is a vast improvement on Spirit. I'm still not blown away by her but at least she's showing a small bit of a growth in becoming an artist.

I also download Allison Iraheta's debut album [she came 4th on this year's American Idol] 'Just Like You'. The first single Friday I'll Be Over U is really catchy and the whole album is a pretty strong debut. It's good pop rock Avril-type music with catchy choruses. Not as good has fellow contestant Adam Lambert's debut offering but still a good album.

Jords 27-12-2009 05:11 AM

The last CD's I got were all from Christmas, and they are:
Rihanna - Rated R
Snow Patrol - Up To Now
Kings of Leon - Only By The Night
Kanye West - 808s and Heartbreak

I like Happy and love Stop Crying Your Heart Out and I Got U from Leona's Echo, but that's all I really have listened to so far, I really should get her album if her other songs are as good as them :)

Stephanie 27-12-2009 06:09 AM

i downloaded echo aswell, and rated r.

Vladimir 27-12-2009 06:58 AM

I downloaded Timbaland - Shock Value II.

The album is so bad compared to the first 'Shock Value' album.

Stacey. 27-12-2009 08:39 AM

Taylor Swift (her first CD)
Now 74
X Factor 2009 Finalists - You Are Not Alonee

all 3 CDs i got for christmas ;)
and theyre all Great :thumbs:

Fom 27-12-2009 09:40 AM

Last album I got was 'Glee- Soundtrack'

Harry! 27-12-2009 09:43 AM

Last CD's I got were : Kylie - X and Madonna - Something To Remember
Last CD I bought was - Aqua - Greatest Hits (Specal Edition)

Fom 27-12-2009 09:45 AM

Last CD I got I think was Kelly Clarkson - All I Ever Wanted... but I never buy CD's.

Ross 27-12-2009 01:19 PM

I bought Shock Value II.

It's a bit **** compared to Shock Value.

King Gizzard 27-12-2009 01:24 PM

Love & war - Daniel Merriweather
Only Revolutions - Biffy Clyro

both from HMV yesterday

Arneldo 27-12-2009 01:27 PM

Jamie T's King & Queens.

Callum 27-12-2009 02:19 PM

Cheryl Cole - 3 Words, got it for Xmas.

Really pleased with it, considering it had so many bad reviews I thought I'd hate it but I don't.

Firewire 27-12-2009 02:30 PM

I downloaded Brit ey's Singles Collection yeaterday.

But I know all the songs anyway.

Princess 27-12-2009 02:52 PM

Last album I actually bought was Take That's live album which hasn't been turned off since.

Albums I last got were:

Leona Lewis-Echo
Pixie Lott-Turn It Up
BackStreet Boys-This Is Us
The Saturdays-Wordshaker
Which I've all listened to and adored all of them
Albums got but yet listened to are:
Camilla Kerslake
Bon Jovi-The Circle
Miley Cyrus-Time of Our Life
JLS
Alexandea-Overcome
Snow Patrol-Up To Now
The Beatles-Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

I love Christmas :D

Christina 27-12-2009 02:52 PM

I got the Queen - Greatest Hits for my Dad this year. But i got the Rihanna, JLS, Lady Gaga (Fame monster) and Pixie Lott albums for xmas. Gonna go and get the Alexandra Burke one soon :D (Mum couldn't find it anywhere)

Patrick 27-12-2009 02:53 PM

N Dubz Against All Odds
Now 74

Enid 27-12-2009 03:15 PM

D/l'd Black Flag - Damaged.

Smithy 27-12-2009 03:21 PM

Got quite a lot of albums recently but most recent one was paloma faith do you want the truth or something beautiful

Twilight 27-12-2009 03:39 PM

Biffy Clyro - Only Revolutions with the money i got for Xmas<3

Nicky. 27-12-2009 03:54 PM

Geez, um? JLS I think :'D

bronaaaa 27-12-2009 03:58 PM

Got for Chrimbo
Amy Winehouse - Frank
BEP - The E.N.D
Kaiser Chiefs - Yours truly, Angry Mob
Lady GaGa - The Fame Monster

Last album I bought
The Veronicas - Hook me Up

BigSister 27-12-2009 03:59 PM

JLS for me as well for christmas before that it was pixie lotts slbum

Shaun 27-12-2009 05:11 PM

bought:

Muse - The Resistance - by their standards this is a bit disappointing. The beautiful exogenesis trilogy aside at the end, this doesn't really explore much new territory and there's no real stand-out singles other than Uprising. A few decent tracks, but compared against their previous albums it's a missed opportunity.

VV Brown - Travelling Like The Light - her failure to take 2009 by storm is a crying shame. Though it was a year dominated by female soul-popstars, and she was tipped for big things in the Sound of 2009, she remains an unheard name. The tragic thing is her album, which compared to those of artists who DID make it [Pixie Lott, Little Boots] is fantastic. The calibre of singles such as 'Crying Blood' and 'Shark In The Water', along with album tracks 'L-O-V-E' (you may have heard on the BBC Xmas Movies advert) and 'Quick Fix' make this a high-energy ball of fun that really deserves more attention.

and Fleetwood Mac - Rumours. What can I say? One of the best-selling albums of all time, it's one of my favourites. Every track is pure gold, from their signature tunes of 'Go Your Own Way' and 'Don't Stop' to the fan-favourite 'The Chain'. A must-have.

Princess 27-12-2009 05:13 PM

Argeed about VV Brown Shaun,I adore her album.

InOne 27-12-2009 05:14 PM

Loads of people have seemed to have got Pixie Lotts album this year