ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB11 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=551)
-   -   Oh **** ! (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138831)

georgehudson 06-06-2010 03:42 PM

Oh **** !

The BB11UK Launch is going head to head with the Junior Apprentice!
That wont help ratings AT ALL.
Im worried...

Sawyer 06-06-2010 03:43 PM

Is junior apprentice getting good ratings?

*mazedsalv** 06-06-2010 03:43 PM

Dont worry, its gets 4-5m.. wont affect it much.

Lewis. 06-06-2010 03:44 PM

I'm addicted to JA but I'm watching BB. I can watch the JA on Iplayer.

Spike 06-06-2010 03:44 PM

Junior Apprentice wont have too much of an effect on the launch
and if it does, who cares? What they going to do, axe BB? :D
Its the last series. Ratings don't really matter

Patrick 06-06-2010 03:45 PM

LMAO BB is far more popular than some little spin off from the main Apprentice.

Patrick 06-06-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 3298040)
Junior Apprentice wont have too much of an effect on the launch
and if it does, who cares? What they going to do, axe BB? :D
Its the last series. Ratings don't really matter

What?

The ratings matter more than ever this series fgs.

Spike 06-06-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 3298047)
What?

The ratings matter more than ever this series fgs.

How do they?

georgehudson 06-06-2010 03:46 PM

Yeah I know but every veiwer counts, and the more veiwers, the more chance of it being aired on channel FIVE when its finished!

Jords 06-06-2010 03:46 PM

Oh no I love Juniour Apprentice... :shocked:

Ill watch it later on BBC3.

MrGaryy 06-06-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 3298045)

...it isn't actually.

However, it shouldn't make a massive impact on it. Besides like Spike said, who gives a ****. The show has zero chance of being recommissioned or picked up so ratings are unimportant..

zotler. 06-06-2010 03:48 PM

Personally, I will Sky+ Junior Apprentice, but meh. There's replays of them both as well, so not much of a biggie.

Patrick 06-06-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 3298048)
How do they?

1. If the ratings are good then the producers will be putting in more effort to keep those ratings from falling, lets say the ratings were like 1 Million then the producers wouldn't bother doing any big twists and stuff because no one is watching this is what I feel happened with BB10.

2. If the ratings are very good for BB11 well then more channels will show an intrest in the show to purchase it after BB11 Ends this is proven by what happen with CBB7 in January and that only got 3 Million and yet channels said they would buy it.

So basically the ratings do matter for this series, people may think because BB is axed that they don't matter but thats not how other brodcasters will look at it when they consider buying Big Brother.

georgehudson 06-06-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGaryy (Post 3298052)
...it isn't actually.

However, it shouldn't make a massive impact on it. Besides like Spike said, who gives a ****. The show has zero chance of being recommissioned or picked up so ratings are unimportant..

Erghhh, yeah it is acctuly, Its gets like 2 million every week, BB normally gets like 6 million on Launch, espeicially as its the last series, I heard on the radio someone who hasnt watched for years and is going to watch it because its the last one so probably loads of people are thinking that.

Patrick 06-06-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

...it isn't actually.

Ratings wise, your right it isn't.

But lets look at how big BB has been over the past years, and then look at this little show.

BB is bigger than alot of Reality Shows even if the past few seasons haven't been getting the 5 Million JA has, plus a BB Launch usually gets 6 Million, I can't see everyone missing the final Big Brother launch for some other little show.

Shaun 06-06-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgehudson (Post 3298062)
Erghhh, yeah it is acctuly, Its gets like 2 million every week, BB normally gets like 6 million on Launch, espeicially as its the last series, I heard on the radio someone who hasnt watched for years and is going to watch it because its the last one so probably loads of people are thinking that.

And Junior Apprentice gets more...

DigitalSid 06-06-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 3298045)

Well if Salv's right about the 4-5 mill figure, it gets 2-2.5 million more viewers per ep than BB did last year.

Tom4784 06-06-2010 03:51 PM

People, name a UK series in the last 10 years that has been recommisioned by another channel?

I rest my case.

georgehudson 06-06-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 3298061)
1. If the ratings are good then the producers will be putting in more effort to keep those ratings from falling, lets say the ratings were like 1 Million then the producers wouldn't bother doing any big twists and stuff because no one is watching this is what I feel happened with BB10.

2. If the ratings are very good for BB11 well then more channels will show an intrest in the show to purchase it after BB11 Ends this is proven by what happen with CBB7 in January and that only got 3 Million and yet channels said they would buy it.

So basically the ratings do matter for this series, people may think because BB is axed that they don't matter but thats not how other brodcasters will look at it when they consider buying Big Brother.

This.

Patrick 06-06-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Besides like Spike said, who gives a ****. The show has zero chance of being recommissioned or picked up so ratings are unimportant..

How do you know exactly?

People like you that say that and be negative will be eating your words in a few years tbh.

DigitalSid 06-06-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 3298071)
How do you know exactly?

People like you that say that and be negative will be eating your words in a few years tbh.

He's right to be negative, better to do that then get your expectations up.

Patrick 06-06-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 3298068)
People, name a UK series in the last 10 years that has been recommisioned by another channel?

I rest my case.

First time for everything.

Name me A Reality Show thats been as big as Big Brother and has been a massive part of Britain for the past 10 years?

arista 06-06-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgehudson (Post 3298029)
The BB11UK Launch is going head to head with the Junior Apprentice!
That wont help ratings AT ALL.
Im worried...

Most homes can record the BBC
while watching the Live Start of BB11

So it is no problem.

georgehudson 06-06-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 3298065)
And Junior Apprentice gets more...

No it doesnt, it was on the SKY website, Newspapers and stuff that JA gets like 2 million, idiot.

MrGaryy 06-06-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 3298064)
Ratings wise, your right it isn't.

But lets look at how big BB has been over the past years, and then look at this little show.

BB is bigger than alot of Reality Shows even if the past few seasons haven't been getting the 5 Million JA has, plus a BB Launch usually gets 6 Million, I can't see everyone missing the final Big Brother launch for some other little show.

I'm sorry but you have a totally inflated opinion of BB. The truth is nobody gives a **** about BB anymore, regardless of it being the last series. It's gotten **** all press attention even though the launch is days away, it's a totally irrelevant show. It will very much struggle to get it's usual 6 million.