ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   France Refusing To Train (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142066)

Nemo123 20-06-2010 02:48 PM

France Refusing To Train

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-to-train.html

France team director Jean-Louis Valentin says the national team is refusing to train following a dispute on the training ground. :hugesmile:

MissKittyFantastico 20-06-2010 02:49 PM

Haha what a mess! Bye bye France :xyxwave:

King Gizzard 20-06-2010 02:51 PM

They ll get through still

Nemo123 20-06-2010 02:52 PM

Valentin also says he has resigned from the French football federation, shouting that he was "ashamed" of the team

The team arrived at training Sunday, but a few minutes after taking the field fitness coach Robert Duverne stormed away from an argument with coach Raymond Domenech. Duverne threw his accreditation badge to the ground after the heated discussion and walked away.

The players then boarded the team bus.

Big Brother Fan 20-06-2010 02:52 PM

Doubt it, they have 1 point

MissKittyFantastico 20-06-2010 02:54 PM

Nah I don't actually think they will Nate, it'll be Mexico and Uruguay

King Gizzard 20-06-2010 02:55 PM

Theyll pummel SA and then Uruguay will pummel Mexico

Nemo123 20-06-2010 02:56 PM

This is better than BB. Shame there's no cameras on the training ground/dressing room.

MissKittyFantastico 20-06-2010 02:56 PM

I think Mexico will beat Uruguay and it'll be a draw between France and SA, the home nation will want to go out on a high

setanta 20-06-2010 03:06 PM

They're a disgrace. Makes me even angrier that they denied Ireland the right to play in this World Cup.

Locke. 20-06-2010 03:30 PM

They will destroy South Africa and get through.

Then go on a mad run and win the World Cup :)

Captain.Remy 20-06-2010 03:31 PM

How surprising from them.....

alc09 20-06-2010 04:50 PM

Interesting....:

Quote:

From all reports, this has everything to do with Gourcuff.

Apparently, Gourcuff is bullied by the rest of the team (instigator being Ribery). The play maker is a more of a quiet type of guy who prefers to be by himself, listen to music, watch films and opera and the others are mostly WAGS type of players who go clubbing and party, and Gourcuff never ever joins them and he is bullied on. The likes of Ribery never pass to him on the field and never let him take free kicks.

So then Gourcuff was left out because of all the players not wanting him there in the starting lineup, and Anelka stood up for Gourcuff. That's where the bust up occurred.

Fwiw, noticed it was weird how the French substitutes were warming up in the Mexico game, it's now come out that Henry got all the subs to warm up away from the bench so Domenech couldn't make any substitutions.

The divide within the team is enormous.
Quote:

It actually gets so much worse. Evra's comments last night suggest he's one of the better influences, when it's really the other way around. Evra said - "Anelka is not the problem, but it is the traitor who told the media what happen, they should be sent home" - implying that it's one Gourcuff or one of his friends.

This is clear because before the World Cup, Evra was asked to write a small anecdote about each player from the squad and for Gourcuff he wrote - "I don't really know. he is very shy. To speak to Gourcuff you must first speak to Toulalan". Gourcuff is seen as the "new Zidane" by the French media (hardly his fault) and the rest of the players are annoyed by this, they see him as the media darling and never at fault when France struggle, and have tried everything to exclude him from the team.

It's also apparent that the only reason Domenech was not fired after Euro 2008 is because he has a very big role in the French youth academies, he is at the heart of the youth system in France. The FFF could not risk angering him.

King Gizzard 20-06-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke. (Post 3375847)
They will destroy South Africa and get through.

Then go on a mad run and win the World Cup :)

I've got this feeling

Nemo123 20-06-2010 04:55 PM

Never saw or heard of Gourcuff before France's last game, but all he seemed to want to do was shoot whenever he got the ball.

King Gizzard 20-06-2010 04:58 PM

He's labelled the next Zidane (well bruno cheyrou was as well and look what happened to him LOL)

But yeah, Gourcuff is amazing

seen alot of his games..and this goal is one of my favourites from the last few years. You gotta wait till the replays to see it best.

alc09 20-06-2010 05:00 PM

Quality player, not sure why Govou was picked ahead of him against Mexico. :joker:

Nemo123 20-06-2010 05:11 PM

All that trickery with the feet isn't all that hard, it's just 5-a-side stuff.

King Gizzard 20-06-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemo123 (Post 3376221)
All that trickery with the feet isn't all that hard, it's just 5-a-side stuff.

Did you realllly just say that?

Its bloody hard in a game situation to apply all that technical ability, if it was Messi everyone would be raving about it

Its much better than hit and hope long shots

Nemo123 20-06-2010 05:32 PM

Now there's a goal!:blush:

arista 20-06-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemo123 (Post 3375695)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-to-train.html

France team director Jean-Louis Valentin says the national team is refusing to train following a dispute on the training ground. :hugesmile:

Yes just on Ch4 News
it is Typical of France the Nation of Farmers.

Capt Remy
I know you are a Rugby Man
but these French Soccer Strikers - What a Screwed up Nation.
I can now see why you want to move back to London.

Captain.Remy 20-06-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 3376359)
Yes just on Ch4 News
it is Typical of France the Nation of Farmers.

Capt Remy
I know you are a Rugby Man
but these French Soccer Strikers - What a Screwed up Nation.
I can now see why you want to move back to London.

I don't get it to be honest, where did it all go wrong ? I mean, I'm speechless about this. Now, the French players are the biggest French targets and number 1 enemies.
Only 4 or 5 of them are really talented, the other are just here to fill up the team.

arista 20-06-2010 05:54 PM

Its the French Attitude.

Your Nation in a Strike Blocks Roads
thats criminal here in Better England.

alc09 20-06-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain.Remy (Post 3376381)
Only 4 or 5 of them are really talented, the other are just here to fill up the team.

That is like many teams, you could easily say the same about England.

Captain.Remy 20-06-2010 05:57 PM

Now I can imagine what people around the world must think of us. They surely think French people are exactly like the French team...that's shameful.

Ireland was right, karma is a bitch. I feel a bit sad for them because they actually deserved to be in this world cup. France's attitude isn't worthy of a spot.