ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2004-'08 [S1-5] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=548)
-   -   Shayne is the Winner of TXF 2005!! (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14509)

Arneldo 17-12-2005 09:12 PM

Shayne is the Winner of TXF 2005!!

Shayne is the winner of The X Factor 2005!

Only 1.2% seperated Shayne and Andy!

Congratulations to Shayne!

Shayne's Single - 'Thats My Goal' - Will Go on sale on Wednesday!

You can Download it now on the Offical Site!

Dan_ 17-12-2005 09:21 PM

Well done to him, I knew he would win.

Congrats to Andy on 2nd, hope he get's a record deal.

Princess 17-12-2005 09:29 PM

I wanted JS to win but when they left I was really hoped Shayne would win.Well done Shayne:thumbs:You deserve it

ThaGazBoi 17-12-2005 09:29 PM

I wantd Andy. Thought he did a brilliant single!"

katieee 17-12-2005 09:48 PM

oh the joy!

mr ward as won :bigsmile:

by far the best decision ever made by the british public!!!!

BigSister 17-12-2005 09:51 PM

lol Katie I agree with Princess but I liked Andy too it was such a difficult decsion

katieee 17-12-2005 09:53 PM

after shayne sang somewhere over the rainbow,i knew he had won it!

amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Di2001 17-12-2005 09:58 PM

:thumbs: Well done Shayne :thumbs:

Thought "That's My Goal" is a good song :dazzler:

BigSister 17-12-2005 10:00 PM

Ive still got it in my head Di so thats a good sign. It mentioned my town when they were doing the single "Blackburn" I almost fell off my chair lol

Mike 17-12-2005 10:11 PM

The one person i didn't want to win X Factor wins it, shame really.

I honestly thought both Andy and JS were better than Shayne.

BigSister 17-12-2005 10:16 PM

Just a question did any1 else hear Blackburn when Andi Peaters was in that record thingy shop or was it just me:laugh:

lily. 17-12-2005 10:19 PM

Utterly Utterly cr4p song! I can't believe we will have to listen to this utter tripe for the next week (at least), and that it will probably be xmas no. 1.

No offense to Shayne. Well done for winning and good luck to him & all that, but Oh My God.. that song is AWFUL!... :nono:

Lance 17-12-2005 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stropz
Utterly Utterly cr4p song! I can't believe we will have to listen to this utter tripe for the next week (at least), and that it will probably be xmas no. 1.

No offense to Shayne. Well done for winning and good luck to him & all that, but Oh My God.. that song is AWFUL!... :nono:
Agreed. Not mad about the song nor the singer... sae ole' same ole' that they made all the other winners do.

Jay 17-12-2005 11:07 PM

Well done Shayne but they all did very well tonight

Ruth 18-12-2005 08:13 AM

Pffft. I wanted JS to win, and when they went, I was rooting for Andy. To be fair, all three acts performed brilliantly tonight, but I don't think Shayne is really anything special. If he wasn't good looking, he wouldn't have won.

I couldn't say which act I thought performed the best, because there was practically nothing to choose between them - but I thought Shayne's songs were rubbish (not his fault I know). I can't stand that Daniel Bedingfield song and the other two seemed odd choices for him. I fast forwarded through the second half of him singing That's My Goal - I fast forwarded through Andy singing it too, because after the first half of the song, I thought it was awful - totally rubbish.

Legend 18-12-2005 10:15 AM

I've never been a fan of Shayne but when he sang That's My Goal last night i just liked him for some reason cos i thought he sang it fantastic! OMG, people don't like the song? :shocked:lol - i love it. Been lstening to it all morning! :laugh:

Yeh i wanted JS to win too but Shayne did deserve it!! :spin2:

Dan_ 18-12-2005 12:07 PM

I think the song's catchy, it will grow on people I reckon.

Siouxsie 18-12-2005 04:52 PM

wel done shayne

sol 18-12-2005 05:25 PM

Quote:

yer, although i think Shayne was a worthy winner, i didnt like the song atall - mainly because i dont even know the song lol, my ignorance shining through once again :spin:

Dan_ 18-12-2005 06:51 PM

It's not a cover sol.

lily. 19-12-2005 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sol
Quote:

yer, although i think Shayne was a worthy winner, i didnt like the song atall - mainly because i dont even know the song lol, my ignorance shining through once again :spin:
It's a new song though Sol, that's why you haven't heard it before. However, I just think it's dead dull. Maybe they will give him somethin better next time..

CharlotteSometimes 20-12-2005 03:47 AM

It's an awful song, but Andy's version would've caused a meltdown for the Samaritans if it was getting regular air play. Good result - the order in which they finished perfectly reflected the performances on the night.

As for Shayne only winning because he's good looking, I disagree. He proved any doubters wrong on Saturday, and was head and shoulders above the other two acts.

Ruth 20-12-2005 08:29 AM

He certainly did perform well on Saturday night - all three acts did, and I wouldn't have liked to have had to have chosen between them.

But I know loads of girls who said throughout the series that they would always vote for Shayne because they fancied him. I'm not saying he isn't talented - he is - but I think his looks played a big part in getting him to the final.

Z 20-12-2005 10:52 AM

Definitely, Ruth. At the same time, I agree with Charlotte. I wonder if Shayne would have won had James (you know, the small guy Louis didn't put through cus he was small?) been in it?

Dan_ 20-12-2005 12:02 PM

He would have beaten that James easily, he was never the strongest singer and I doubt he would have even lasted as long as Nicholas.