ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Soaps (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   Which new producer has made the biggest impact so far? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161333)

Scarlett. 07-09-2010 01:03 PM

Which new producer has made the biggest impact so far?

Paul Marquees - Rejuvinated Hollyoaks, bringing in likeable characters, and getting rid of crap ones. Also brought the show back into reality.

Phil Collinson - Rejuvinated Coronation Street, by making the show look more cinematic and making scenes flow faster and not cutting in between scenes as often. Also has started using the whole cast instead of just two or three cast members.

Bryan Kirkwood - Burned down the Queen Vic, bringing back Kat and Alfie and making the show easier to watch by actually adding comedy.

Smithy 07-09-2010 01:22 PM

I don't watch hollyoaks, and don't know any other Emmerdale producers apart from Gavin

But Corrie is obviously Phil Collinson and I think although it was rather depressingDiederick Santer was brilliant at EE

Scarlett. 07-09-2010 01:25 PM

Phil has managed to get rid of the depressing monotony that had plagued Corrie for quite a while and he has injected some excitement into the show again

Paul has done fantastic at Hollyoaks so far, earlier this year we were all talking about the axe, now I think the show is safe from it!

Bryan....I don't know, he's not been as good, the ending to the big Lucas story was...half assed at the best. Deirdrick was better IMO

Visage 07-09-2010 01:30 PM

So far? I think it has to be Paul with Hollyoaks.

For me, Hollyoaks was in a really bad place and with the current climate in axing shows, I think this could have become another victim. Paul has weeded out the old and bad, bringing in some far more entertaining and interesting stories.

I don't want to take anything away from what Phil and Bryan have achieved, it's just that I think Hollyoaks was in fear of

Scarlett. 07-09-2010 01:34 PM

Yeah, I definitely agree there, before Paul, there axe was looming large over Hollyoaks

Ruth*Star 07-09-2010 01:37 PM

Def Phil Collinson from Corrie, I've gotten so hooked on corrie lately.

Scarlett. 07-09-2010 01:39 PM

I like how Phil has hired some new behind the scenes talent too, Graeme Harper is one of the best directors out there (he's won awards for it) so bringing him over from Dr. Who is a great idea

bbfan1991 07-09-2010 01:48 PM

I'm enjoying what Bryan Kirkwood is doing at Eastenders and bringing in Daran Little to injecct some fun and humour into the episodes but for me Paul Marquess has had the biggest impact.. the show was heading downhill under Lucy Allan and it needed to be saved so he's made lots of clever changes and Hollyoaks is slowly winning back viewers plus getting interesting again and the characters finally have personalities of their own, then storylines making sense:).

Tom4784 07-09-2010 02:01 PM

Paul Marquess for me, he's turned Hollyoaks around completely. Bryan Kirkwood's kept up the quality and momentum well though.