ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2009 [S6] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Joe: McElderry flops harder than Leon Jackson (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164193)

Shaun 13-10-2010 04:52 PM

McElderry flops harder than Leon Jackson

His single, 'Ambitions' is currently at Number 8 on the iTunes UK chart.

Even Leon Jackson's debut, 'Don't Call This Love', managed Number 3. This could be embarassing...

Beastie 13-10-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 3844070)
His single, 'Ambitions' is currently at Number 8 on the iTunes UK chart.

Even Leon Jackson's debut, 'Don't Call This Love', managed Number 3. This could be embarassing...

Ouch. Poor Joe! :hugesmile:

M X 13-10-2010 04:56 PM

Oh goddd.

Smithy 13-10-2010 05:02 PM

lmfao

What a surprise

although, I think physical sales my boost it a lil

Tom 13-10-2010 05:03 PM

He's at #4 in the midweeks so it looks likely

It just goes to show that contrary to popular belief, performing on X Factor doesn't guarantee a #1 irrespective of whether you won the show

Locke. 13-10-2010 05:41 PM

Good old Olly seems to have done better than him :)

\PJ/ 13-10-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke. (Post 3844141)
Good old Olly seems to have done better than him :)

This.

Ithinkiloveyoutoo 13-10-2010 05:45 PM

Overall number 3 isn't actually bad.

He has a great voice unfortunately these producers gave him a not so great song. Some producers need to realize that pop music is no longer what pop music was defined as, with things like steps etc. Pop is now a catchy tune you can dance and sing a long to, with dizzee rascal or tingy striger or however you say his name rapping on the side. Get with the programme people!!

Poor JO. Even Leona's songs are beginning to be crap when she's beyond amazing :(

Jords 13-10-2010 05:47 PM

^
I love the song.

King Gizzard 13-10-2010 05:48 PM

musical theatre here he comes

Jordan. 13-10-2010 05:49 PM

Such a shame......jk Olly should have won over him anyway.

Patrick 13-10-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithinkiloveyoutoo (Post 3844152)
Overall number 3 isn't actually bad.

He has a great voice unfortunately these producers gave him a not so great song. Some producers need to realize that pop music is no longer what pop music was defined as, with things like steps etc. Pop is now a catchy tune you can dance and sing a long to, with dizzee rascal or tingy striger or however you say his name rapping on the side. Get with the programme people!!

Poor JO. Even Leona's songs are beginning to be crap when she's beyond amazing :(

The song is quite catchy tbh I like it but it's like something out of High School Musical or something.

But his voice sounds so different and screamy.

Better than most the boring sh*t he sang last year.

Don't say Leona is amazing, you'll have MeMyselfandJack at your front door in a second with Leona tickets.

Ithinkiloveyoutoo 13-10-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 3844165)
The song is quite catchy tbh I like it but it's like something out of High School Musical or something.

But his voice sounds so different and screamy.

Better than most the boring sh*t he sang last year.

Don't say Leona is amazing, you'll have MeMyselfandJack at your front door in a second with Leona tickets.

I want tickets!! :joker:

The song is not bad but if they're going to drop someone because they're not getting number ones they better get with the programme!

Mystic Mock 13-10-2010 05:54 PM

he might be an album seller.

Shaun 13-10-2010 05:54 PM

I think the song itself is actually very good - HOWEVER, it's also a song that was only ****ing released last year! It's shameful. And he's done nothing new or interesting with it...the original is far better: doesn't sound as whiny, and...is an original work of art.

daniel-lewis-1985 13-10-2010 05:55 PM

WHAT THE ****?!

Hes currently on course for a top 5 single. How does that make it a flop? For instance say i released a single now and it went top 5 would you all be like "sorry your single only got to number 3 dan" no you wouldnt.

Just coz a song doesnt go number 1 doesnt mean its a flop. This is whats wrong with record companies today. Stop being so cynical

Shaun 13-10-2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 (Post 3844174)
WHAT THE ****?!

Hes currently on course for a top 5 single. How does that make it a flop? For instance say i released a single now and it went top 5 would you all be like "sorry your single only got to number 3 dan" no you wouldnt.

Just coz a song doesnt go number 1 doesnt mean its a flop. This is whats wrong with record companies today. Stop being so cynical

It's not like he hasn't had the opportunity...don't tell me 'what's wrong with record companies today' - the fact this single is being released in the first place IS what's wrong with record companies today.

I'm saying that, for an X Factor winner, and all of the accompanying free promo and fame that's come with that, he's set to be the biggest failure. Whether or not I agree with that is irrelevant.

If YOU released a single and it got to No.3 it would be an amazing achievement, given your glaring lack of country-wide fame, record deal, promotions and television time.

Callum 13-10-2010 06:02 PM

Poor Joe. I feel sorry for him because it's had little airplay, it's been rush released. Hardly ever see it on the music channels and I've never heard it on the radio yet. Olly and Diana's singles were played constantly and they never even won. :(

Rob 13-10-2010 06:03 PM

Good never liked him, an underserving winner in my eyes.

daniel-lewis-1985 13-10-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 3844185)
It's not like he hasn't had the opportunity...don't tell me 'what's wrong with record companies today' - the fact this single is being released in the first place IS what's wrong with record companies today.

I'm saying that, for an X Factor winner, and all of the accompanying free promo and fame that's come with that, he's set to be the biggest failure. Whether or not I agree with that is irrelevant.

If YOU released a single and it got to No.3 it would be an amazing achievement, given your glaring lack of country-wide fame, record deal, promotions and television time.

Th fact is the single is top 5 lol

NOT A FLOP

Locke. 13-10-2010 06:06 PM

Waldorf is in a corner crying somewhere

"Please please let him be as successful as Olly"

Iceman 13-10-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 (Post 3844192)

NOT A FLOP

It's a flop in terms of the current chart, if you dont get top spot from Xfactor then you're basically screwed.

Shaun 13-10-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 (Post 3844192)

NOT A FLOP

And my point is that Leon Jackson has had a Top 5 single...

He's nothing but a flop :P

Shaun 13-10-2010 06:10 PM

Granted - the album sales may be better. But even Leon [i feel mean picking on Leon since he's supposed to be going out with my friend, rofl] managed No.4 in the album charts...

I just can't see Joe lasting. Unfortunately.

Tom4784 13-10-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 3844173)
I think the song itself is actually very good - HOWEVER, it's also a song that was only ****ing released last year! It's shameful. And he's done nothing new or interesting with it...the original is far better: doesn't sound as whiny, and...is an original work of art.

I agree with this.

Also don't oversell Olly. He's had one successful single, if the next one bombs he's screwed.