ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2010 [S7] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=572)
-   -   Cher Lloyd: Cher Lloyd in the Bottom 2 - A one off or not as popular as we thought? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167421)

Tom4784 22-11-2010 03:19 PM

Cher Lloyd in the Bottom 2 - A one off or not as popular as we thought?

I think it was a one off really, I remember in previous years when Olly & JLS found themselves in the bottom 2 a few weeks away from the finals but were never in that position again. I think she'll definitely come 4th/3rd now though as her fanbase won't risk that happening again.

Vicky. 22-11-2010 03:20 PM

One off I think.

I think a lot of Cher fans are also Katie fans, and voted Katie this week to keep her from the bottom two, whilst thinking Cher would be safe on her own.

Now people like this kinda either need to chose ONE to support, or spend twice as much every week voting both :/

joeysteele 22-11-2010 03:21 PM

Not as popular as we all thought, a lot of people I talk to are surprised she hasn't been in the bottom 2 long before now.

Niamh. 22-11-2010 03:22 PM

yeah, I think one off as well, I think her fans just assumed she'd be safe and gave katie their votes instead, I think she'll be in the final

Ammi 22-11-2010 03:24 PM

I think its a one off - the fans were so busy trying to keep Katie out of the sing off they forgot about Cher I'd be surprised to see her again this week

Stacey. 22-11-2010 03:29 PM

One off obvz.

She is popular, it depends who votes though I guess..

Jords 22-11-2010 03:33 PM

Not as popular as we all thought, she wouldnt have landed there else...

Jordan. 22-11-2010 03:33 PM

A one off. I think her fans must have just assumed she'd be safe this week and not voted because IMO her performance was one of her best shes done.

Jordan. 22-11-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jords (Post 3929366)

Olly and JLS where in the bottom in the same week in their series, proves it doesnt matter how popular they are it can still happen.

Vicky. 22-11-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jords (Post 3929366)

Nah, fan complacency is an awful thing. I still believe this happened with Aiden too.

You can hit the bottom 2 and still be very popular. JLS hit the bottom two and then got over 40% of the votes to WIN in the final.

Locke. 22-11-2010 03:42 PM

This was the first week I ****ing voted aswell.

I reckon it was a one off, still think she'll at least make the final 4.

Jords 22-11-2010 03:51 PM

What I mean is that she was up there with the Matt's and Rebecca's but now this proves she isnt as popular AS them but still is, if that makes sense. Like its more clear where she fits. :p

Z 22-11-2010 03:55 PM

Both.. I reckon when the voting figures come out she'll have been in the middle of the pack, steadily heading down the voting ranks after her Stay performance, that was her peak performance so this one off will give her fans the kick up the backside they needed to keep her in next week. Still hard to tell who will make the final because we don't even know how many finalists there are going to be, but on the assumption there are now going to be four finalists, rather than three, I reckon she could make it. Definitely not a winner though.

Mystic Mock 22-11-2010 03:55 PM

shes an olly murs,not as popular as we thought as almost every week olly was near the bottom and never topped a single vote.

and it will turn out to be something similar with cher aswell.

Ammi 22-11-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jords (Post 3929410)
What I mean is that she was up there with the Matt's and Rebecca's but now this proves she isnt as popular AS them but still is, if that makes sense. Like its more clear where she fits. :p

yeah I do but I think we could have been saying the same about Matt or Rebecca if their fans had of taken their eye off the ball, it just so happened it was Cher's. I still couldn't call it between those three and One Direction but I think they will be the last 4

Barbie 22-11-2010 03:56 PM

One off, she won't be in the bottom 2 again i don't think

Locke. 22-11-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedward fever (Post 3929416)
shes an olly murs,not as popular as we thought as almost every week olly was near the bottom and never topped a single vote.

and it will turn out to be something similar with cher aswell.

Cher will have almost certainly topped the votes when she sang Stay

Jamie..... 22-11-2010 03:59 PM

One off -
It usually happens, fans don't vote because they think the act will do fine without their vote and then they end up in the bottom 2
She most likely won't be in the bottom 2 again

Mystic Mock 22-11-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke. (Post 3929421)
Cher will have almost certainly topped the votes when she sang Stay

i think cher has probably done better in the votes than olly ever did,but i dont think shes been as high in the votes as people think.

Legend killer 22-11-2010 04:02 PM

One Off but i am quite sure that she had less votes than Paije and thats why Louis did not put it to deadlock

Stacey. 22-11-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend killer (Post 3929435)
One Off but i am quite sure that she had less votes than Paije and thats why Louis did not put it to deadlock

Louis didn't know LOL. He just couldn't take the risk of losing her.

Z 22-11-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stacey.x (Post 3929440)
Louis didn't know LOL. He just couldn't take the risk of losing her.

This. As unfair as it is on Paije to say this, he just didn't really have all that much to offer. I say this as someone who thought Paije had his best performance of the series on Saturday night.

Legend killer 22-11-2010 04:10 PM

I dont know i just find it abit fishey that Louis would vote against someone he has on a numerous time praised and said was one of his faves. Also i really dont think Louis would pass up the opputuninty to get at Cheryl by putting it to deadlock

But hey each to there own

Novo 22-11-2010 04:25 PM

Think she gave her best performance to early on.. after that she hasn't been able to live up to it

King Gizzard 22-11-2010 04:26 PM

Complacent fans