ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2010 [S7] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=572)
-   -   Matt Cardle: Was Matt a deserving Winner? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169009)

fruit_cake 12-12-2010 08:53 PM

probably best Rebecca didn't win.. Matt reached his peak, whereas there's more to come from Rebecca I think

Kerry 12-12-2010 08:54 PM

Yep. He could sing the phonebook and make it sound great

Kazanne 12-12-2010 08:54 PM

Yes,most of us know he was good,but just because he was unwell and didn't sing 'good' enough according to some,some people didn't like him,for me he was the best even when he was ill,as NONE of them were perfect,Good luck to him and the others

Tom4784 12-12-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesus christ (Post 3990817)
one direction couldnt out do matt if matt was turned into a strangled cat.:joker:

He was halfway there tonight, he was rough as ****.

Kazanne 12-12-2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prezzie (Post 3990755)
No, he has a boring plain voice and has to resort to endless high notes to keep attention. Like the fireworks he sang about tonight he's a flash in the pan and it won't be long until he whimpers back into the obscurity from whence he came.

He won out of sympathy really. He got outmatched by the other two acts today but he limped onto victory because he's female voters were all 'OMG HE'S SO FIT LYKE OMG!!!!!'.

Well obviously thousands of people disagree with you,:xyxwave:

Tom4784 12-12-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazanne (Post 3990861)
Well obviously thousands of people disagree with you,:xyxwave:

Most of them are probably girls, I quote from facebook statuses 'He's so fit YUMMMMMMM' 'Matt 2 win' 'HE'S GORJUS!' It's that casual vote that won it for him. The women though he was a bit of all right so he won. Not saying anyone on here thinks like that but I'm willing to bet my house the votes played out like that.

Pyramid* 12-12-2010 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prezzie (Post 3990965)
Most of them are probably girls, I quote from facebook statuses 'He's so fit YUMMMMMMM' 'Matt 2 win' 'HE'S GORJUS!' It's that casual vote that won it for him. The women though he was a bit of all right so he won. Not saying anyone on here thinks like that but I'm willing to bet my house the votes played out like that.

It doesn't matter how the votes panned out. The man won. At least be gracious enough to give him credit where it's due.

He won fair and square.

Kazanne 12-12-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prezzie (Post 3990965)

Well I want his babies,does that count?(JOKE):joker:

Vicky. 12-12-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prezzie (Post 3990755)
He won out of sympathy really. He got outmatched by the other two acts today but he limped onto victory because he's female voters were all 'OMG HE'S SO FIT LYKE OMG!!!!!'.

Never knew you were like this :joker:

So..if people only voted because they fancy him, is it also fair to say that those who dislike him are just jealous of his 'good looks'?

Swings both ways you know ;)

Maia 12-12-2010 09:21 PM

Yep, definitely. One of my favourite winners of The X Factor, if not my favourite. He totally deserved it.

Jayson 12-12-2010 09:22 PM

Yes. As would have been Rebecca had she won.

Pyramid* 12-12-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydolph (Post 3990998)
Yes. As would have been Rebecca had she won.

Exactly. Neither of them would have been placed as the final two if they didn't deserve it.

Finally, the public got a chance to decide, and they had 2 very good people to chose from.

Vicky. 12-12-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowball (Post 3991008)
Exactly. Neither of them would have been placed as the final two if they didn't deserve it.

Finally, the public got a chance to decide, and they had 2 very good people to chose from.

The first time since the start that the pulic have actually got a say.

Would actually have been quite happy with any of the three winning :')

Tom4784 12-12-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vixen (Post 3990982)

So..if people only voted because they fancy him, is it also fair to say that those who dislike him are just jealous of his 'good looks'?

Like what exactly? Just because I don't think he's Jesus Reincarnate doesn't mean I'm jealous. Also if you read my post after that you'd have seen I said I wasn't accusing anyone on tibb of it, only the casual voters. So before you start biting at me read my posts in future please.

bbfan1991 12-12-2010 09:28 PM

One word.. YES:)

cub 12-12-2010 09:29 PM

Of course he was a deserving winner. He got the most votes - therefore the winner.

Shame for Rebecca, but she can plow her own path without the hassle of the comeback X Factor album that Joe has had to endure. She could do a Olly Murs - as could One Direction.

You don't have to win to be successful. Olly, JLS, etc.

Shaun 12-12-2010 09:29 PM

oh lawd, 'jealous' has been used.

-waits for 'hypocrite', 'overrated' and 'fix' to be used-

Z 12-12-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Why does it always descend into this? It's perfectly possible to point out the reasons behind someone's popularity without being jealous of them.

Vicky. 12-12-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prezzie (Post 3991023)
Like what exactly? Just because I don't think he's Jesus Reincarnate doesn't mean I'm jealous. Also if you read my post after that you'd have seen I said I wasn't accusing anyone on tibb of it, only the casual voters. So before you start biting at me read my posts in future please.

LOL. Just find it bloody hilarious that as soon as a (imo) average looking male wins, its automatically down to the female vote. Dont remember anyone saying that when alexandra (IMO stunning) won...but nevermind.

Double standards are rife in the world :D

Pyramid* 12-12-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prezzie (Post 3991023)

Unbelievably bitter, and completely incensed - that's exactly how you appear to be coming across.

Do you have some direct personal involvment in the show and who the winner is: you seem to have some real anger going on. It's a show. It's not the end of the world.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 12-12-2010 09:31 PM

your all overrated hypocritical messes. fix.

Vicky. 12-12-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Zeesus (Post 3991036)
Why does it always descend into this? It's perfectly possible to point out the reasons behind someone's popularity without being jealous of them.

I didnt mean everyone who dislikes him is jealous at all. But surely it makes sense, if its ok to pigeonhole people who voted for him into voting 'coz hes fit loik' ;)

Tom4784 12-12-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vixen (Post 3991039)
LOL. Just find it bloody hilarious that as soon as a (imo) average looking male wins, its automatically down to the female vote. Dont remember anyone saying that when alexandra (IMO stunning) won...but nevermind.

Double standards are rife in the world :D

It's because male voters are a minority in reality shows, anyone can tell you that. Most of the time it's women who have the majority vote.

Shaun 12-12-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott (Post 3991044)
your all overrated hypocritical messes. fix.

pmsl :love:

Kazanne 12-12-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

i have to say Vixen, i was surprised too