ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB8 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=569)
-   -   If Desmond and Endemol Decide Not To Bring Big Brother Back At All... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171212)

Patrick 31-01-2011 07:05 PM

If Desmond and Endemol Decide Not To Bring Big Brother Back At All...

I have this awful feeling in the pit of my stomach.

We're all so excited, not just on here but even people off forums are talking about BB returning now that it's been in the papers.

But for some awful reason, I just feel like in a few weeks time we're going to get a really... really negative answer from Desmond that will say:

'We were close to finishing the deal but decided not to in the end.'

And that will be that.
And I doubt they'd even go near it again, why?

Because even if Desmond does turn it down again, and then decides in 2012 or 2013 or whenever that he wants BB, Endemol will tell him to go and ****** because it'll be the third time he's messed them about regarding Big Brother.

I just keep thinking with every thread and post on here regarding BB12, it's all going to come back and hit us in the face in a few weeks or less when we hear that it's not coming back and they failed to come up with a good deal.

Does anyone else feel like this?

I know we shouldn't of got our hopes up in the first place, but really.. is it possible not to when you have this much attention focussing on it coming back?

arista 31-01-2011 07:08 PM

Does anyone else feel like this?

No.

Pat never become a MP.

rosebay11 31-01-2011 07:08 PM

I imagine the deciding factor will be money - we are in a recession, after all.

Ramsay 31-01-2011 07:08 PM

You always think of the worst possible situation of everything lol

Patrick 31-01-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosebay11 (Post 4084223)

No one has used that excuse since 2009 :bored:

Plus, Endemol are lowering their price for Big Brother.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl (Post 4084225)
You always think of the worst possible situation of everything lol

Just being prepared.

joeysteele 31-01-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosebay11 (Post 4084223)

I agree and that's natural.
However, with the phone voting element,the increased ratings figures for Channel 5 from BB,also, that will attract advertisers too,it could well be money for the positive reasons that does have Big Brother televised on Channel 5.

Niall 31-01-2011 07:15 PM

Yeah I get what you mean Patrick. That why I'm trying not to let the excitement get to me too much until C5 confirm something.

I will like probably still cry or something if they deny everything though. :bawling:

Smithy 31-01-2011 07:15 PM

*Isn't that excited*

Niall 31-01-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 4084234)
*Isn't that excited*

This. I'm kind of like this when I hear a new rumour "hmm yeah sounds interesting but it might not be true -_-".

Patrick 31-01-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niall (Post 4084232)
Yeah I get what you mean Patrick. That why I'm trying not to let the excitement get to me too much until C5 confirm something.

I will like probably still cry or something if they deny everything though. :bawling:

Yeah same.

I'm becoming Emo or something, like I'm just not going to talk to anyone in school and I'll not eat.
That's what I did when Big Brother ended anyways but then I had the hope that it'll come back and then if it's took away again and it won't come back, yeah then it's tragical :(

Niall 31-01-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 4084243)
Yeah same.

I'm becoming Emo or something, like I'm just not going to talk to anyone in school and I'll not eat.
That's what I did when Big Brother ended anyways but then I had the hope that it'll come back and then if it's took away again and it won't come back, yeah then it's tragical :(

It would be a drag for it to die off completely. If it does then the summer will be very strange without BB. :conf2:

iRyan 31-01-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 4084243)
Yeah same.

http://i52.tinypic.com/x4lrmp.gif

Black Dagger 31-01-2011 07:49 PM

I also feel like he will say no at the final hurdle... I hope we are proven wrong though and we will have a final answer very shortly...

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 31-01-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iRyan (Post 4084279)

:joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker:

Iceman 31-01-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Dagger (Post 4084335)
I also feel like he will say no at the final hurdle... I hope we are proven wrong though and we will have a final answer very shortly...

Welcome to TiBB :)

seanraff07 31-01-2011 07:56 PM

I'm trying to take no notice to this till it's confirmed incase i get all excited about it then i'm distraught when they announce it won't be making a return.:bawling:

Patrick 31-01-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Dagger (Post 4084335)

This. I just want him to tell us what's happening so we know if we can party and write things on Facebook like 'BB IS COMING BACK YESS' without looking like idiots if it's turned down at the final hour.

Hopefully we find out for sure really soon.

I imagine it'll be sometime in February, I can't see him leaving it until talks die down.
I mean you've got Television, News Papers, Radio, Social Sites etc all talking today and yesterday about this comeback.
It'd be silly to let it all die down when you announce it. lol

Or even if C5 just keep saying small little things to keep people interested, before finally announcing and confirming the return.

Black Dagger 31-01-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 4084345)
Welcome to TiBB :)

Thank you Iceman, I loved discussing Big Brother on Digital Spy last year so if the announcement is a good one (Hoping it is) Then I am sure to stick around.

Patrick 31-01-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Dagger (Post 4084354)
Thank you Iceman, I loved discussing Big Brother on Digital Spy last year so if the announcement is a good one (Hoping it is) Then I am sure to stick around.

Oh yeah and welcome!

You seem cool enough actually.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/.../ivzq4mjpg.gif

So I'd like to ask you the thing I ask every cool new member, what's your favourite series of Big Brother? :hugesmile:

Black Dagger 31-01-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 4084364)
Oh yeah and welcome!

You seem cool enough actually.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/.../ivzq4mjpg.gif

So I'd like to ask you the thing I ask every cool new member, what's your favourite series of Big Brother? :hugesmile:

I was a huge mark for Big Brother 6 actually, I also loved BB5 and BB7 but everybody says them and I'd feel predictable... I love the fact BB9 had my all time favourite HM win though and pre Ben eviction BB11 was great then it turned into the JJJ show and unfortunately I was never a big fan of them...

Iceman 31-01-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Dagger (Post 4084354)

Yeah do stick around! Im sure you'll find something to talk about, dont forget to check out the other forums too....:thumbs:

Marsh. 31-01-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 4084226)
No one has used that excuse since 2009 :bored:

Plus, Endemol are lowering their price for Big Brother.

Just being prepared.

You've changed your tune. When everyone was telling you that you shouldn't get your hopes too high, you said not to be so negative and that you need to stay optimistic.

And now you have more reason to be optimistic, you're being negative. lol
Make your mind up.

Patrick 31-01-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08marsh (Post 4084386)
You've changed your tune. When everyone was telling you that you shouldn't get your hopes too high, you said not to be so negative and that you need to stay optimistic.

And now you have more reason to be optimistic, you're being negative. lol
Make your mind up.

Be quiet unless you know what you're talking about,

Everyone was saying how the show would fail on Channel 5.
I was saying stay optimistic and give it a chance rather than assuming Channel 5 aren't worthy of having it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Dagger (Post 4084373)
I was a huge mark for Big Brother 6 actually, I also loved BB5 and BB7 but everybody says them and I'd feel predictable... I love the fact BB9 had my all time favourite HM win though and pre Ben eviction BB11 was great then it turned into the JJJ show and unfortunately I was never a big fan of them...

You have great taste in series.
BB5,6,7 and 9 were fantastic, I'm a massive BB9 fan was an excellent year.

I agree BB11 had such potential and it started off really great and Ben had some good one liners especially when talking about Mario, but towards the end we literally were lucky to get more than 2 scenes that weren't about JJJ.

Kerry 31-01-2011 09:23 PM

Won't be too fussed if it doesn't come back but would prefer it did. Wary of it being on C5 though

Sawyer 31-01-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Kerry~ (Post 4084601)
Won't be too fussed if it doesn't come back but would prefer it did. Wary of it being on C5 though

But Channel 5 don't make it, endemol does. Sure, they'll have input and shake it up, but ultimately, endemol make the decisions.