ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Are you in favour of animal cruelty? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174321)

karezza 11-04-2011 09:26 AM

Are you in favour of animal cruelty?

What is the worst form of animal cruelty?

:conf:

Glenn. 11-04-2011 09:42 AM

Horse racing is hardly cruelty, they love it. I despise neglect which is cruelty.

karezza 11-04-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 4193760)
Horse racing is hardly cruelty, they love it. I despise neglect which is cruelty.

2 horses died in the Grand National on Saturday.

karezza 11-04-2011 09:50 AM

Vivisection is torture carried out by sadists.

joeysteele 11-04-2011 09:50 AM

Most of them are really, I chose fox hunting because as a Child I saw a fox torn to pieces once the hounds got it, its a picture in my mind that's never left me and my disgust at the pompous so called well to do Men on horseback laughing at it is beyond all limits.

Suze 11-04-2011 09:52 AM

Could we have a multi choice on the poll, please? I went with Fox hunting, but there are a few there that come VERY close to that.

karezza 11-04-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suze (Post 4193765)
Could we have a multi choice on the poll, please? I went with Fox hunting, but there are a few there that come VERY close to that.

Surely factory farming & vivisection are worse than fox hunting?

Suze 11-04-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karezza (Post 4193767)
Surely factory farming & vivisection are worse than fox hunting?

If you think that that should be others opinions, then why the need for the poll then? You asked what others thought, not if they agreed with your choice? :conf: I think most of those in the poll are equally bad if pushed, however we were asked to choose just one, which is why I asked if it could be made a multi choice instead.

joeysteele 11-04-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suze (Post 4193765)

I did the same as you too.I would have preferred multi choice as well.

Shasown 11-04-2011 11:25 AM

I am in favour of all the above.

Twilight 11-04-2011 11:29 AM

They are all pretty bad in my opinion, so i'm not going to vote.

LemonJam 11-04-2011 12:33 PM

Can't choose between Foie Gras and Factory Farming... or vivisection... or veal... ugh.

arista 11-04-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karezza (Post 4193757)
What is the worst form of animal cruelty?

:conf:

None
its the British way of Life.

Glenn. 11-04-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karezza (Post 4193761)
2 horses died in the Grand National on Saturday.

Then they died happy? :rolleyes:

ButterflyGirl 11-04-2011 12:43 PM

Some cows are just kept pregnant all the time so they can give milk constantly ,that is just unimaginable. :(

Stacey. 11-04-2011 12:59 PM

Fox hunting :bored:

MTVN 11-04-2011 01:11 PM

Probably battery farming, I'm not really strongly opposed to any of the others

Mystic Mock 11-04-2011 01:30 PM

fox hunting because they only kill them as a sport.

and anybody that says none of them are clearly trolling.

Suze 11-04-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 4193868)
None
its the British way of Life.

Which says it all really :( As it doesn't mean it should be the way of life. If animals have to be slaughtered, then the quicker the better. Not as in Fox Hunting at the ripping of an animal to bits. I don't blame the dogs who have that instinct in them heightened by training. Animals in the main kill for food, some humans for pleasure, as seen by the Fox hunters treating it as a game, and bloodying themselves. They are more barbaric than any of the animal kingdom.

Zippy 11-04-2011 01:37 PM

Im all for fox hunting now. Having seen how theyve killed off most of the little bunny wabbits that used to be all over fields in parks near me.

cute rabbits>>evil foxes

Generally we can't avoid animal cruelty. We breed them then kill them to eat. No way of making that look humane. Its just a fact of lifes food chain.

Mystic Mock 11-04-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy (Post 4193894)
Im all for fox hunting now. Having seen how theyve killed off most of the little bunny wabbits that used to be all over fields in parks near me.

cute rabbits>>evil foxes

Generally we can't avoid animal cruelty. We breed them then kill them to eat. No way of making that look humane. Its just a fact of lifes food chain.

i understand what your trying to say zippy,but some of these fox hunters dont even kill them for meat,sometimes they kill them for clothing or they kill them so they leave there part of the land (which i understand the latter reason) but i still believe theres better ways of dealing with foxes in that situation.

30stone 11-04-2011 01:48 PM

Factory farming.

MTVN 11-04-2011 01:51 PM

I dont really know why Fox Hunting is winning, it's a lot more necessary and justified than factory farming

Zippy 11-04-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 4193906)
I dont really know why Fox Hunting is winning, it's a lot more necessary and justified than factory farming

because its seen as a rich mans sport so theres a lot of class resentment. And a lot of ignorance about the problems foxes can cause. Theyre not cute and innocent.

Shasown 11-04-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy (Post 4193911)
because its seen as a rich mans sport so theres a lot of class resentment. And a lot of ignorance about the problems foxes can cause. Theyre not cute and innocent.

Yes that about sums it up and also some people just arent in touch with life in the real world, I wonder if half of them realise fox hunting has been banned in Scotland since 2002 and in England and Wales since 2004.

I think maybe we should also introduce bear, bull and badger baiting into the debate and watch the "shock and horror at mans inhumanity to little cute furry things" posts snowball.

I think the biggest form of animal cruelty in the UK is the neglect and abuse faced by domestic animals, particularly dogs not being exercised sufficiently. The amount of overweight cats and dogs, being force fed all the left over chocolates and other goodies at christmas and easter etc,

But what is really the lowest form of animal abuse, dogs being forced to wear silly clothes etc, they lose their self respect that way you know, its then a easy slide into doggie depression.

Is it any wonder cats eat their owners after they die?