ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Person Of Interest Season 5 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175786)

Locke. 13-05-2011 10:36 PM

Person Of Interest Season 5

John Reese (Jim Caviezel), a former Green Beret and CIA field officer, is living as a derelict in New York City after an unspecified incident, and is presumed dead. He is approached by Harold Finch (Michael Emerson), a reclusive billionaire computer genius who is living under an assumed identity. Finch explains that after 9/11, he built a computer system for the government which uses information gleaned from omnipresent surveillance to predict future terrorist attacks. However, Finch discovered that the computer was predicting ordinary crimes as well. While the government was not interested in these results, Finch is determined to find a way to stop the predicted crimes. He hires Reese to conduct surveillance and intervene as needed, using his repertoire of skills gained in the military and CIA. Through a back door built into the system, Finch receives a Social Security number for someone who will be involved in an imminent crime, at which point he contacts Reese. Without knowing what the crime will be, when it will occur, or even if the person they were alerted to is a victim or perpetrator, Reese and Finch must try to stop the crime from occurring.

They are helped by NYPD Detectives Lionel Fusco (Kevin Chapman), a corrupt cop whom Reese coerces into helping them, and Joss Carter (Taraji P. Henson) who had originally been investigating Reese for his vigilante activities. Although Reese arranged for Carter and Fusco to be partners in the NYPD early in the series, for the entirety of the show's first season, neither was aware that the other was also working with Finch and Reese. Periodically, the team enlists the aid of Zoe Morgan (Paige Turco), a professional "fixer" who applies her skills to particularly difficult tasks. A major subplot concerns "HR", an organization of corrupt NYPD officers in league with budding mob boss Carl Elias (Enrico Colantoni). Led by several high-ranking officers, the members of HR work with Elias in an attempt to return New York to the old order, when the mob and police worked together. Elias, on the other hand, is merely using HR as a means to regain complete control of New York's organized crime. Despite his desire to be seen as a good cop, Reese forces Fusco to appear to be in league with HR, which allows him to keep tabs on the activities of both HR and Elias. A second major subplot is that of Root, a murderous female hacker who is determined to gain access to the Machine. Finch and Reese know little about Root and her objectives, but have begun to gather background information about her in an effort to stay a step ahead of her.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma...ro1_r1_500.jpg

Marsh. 13-05-2011 10:38 PM

But if the show's a success then Michael Emerson can't do the other show with Terry O'Quinn which has been pushed back to 2012/2013, right?

Locke. 13-05-2011 10:39 PM

Terry O'Quinn has a show coming out aswell.. doesn't look good for the other show :(

Marsh. 13-05-2011 10:40 PM

Ah, that's a shame. They make a great duo. Pity they dropped that angle in Lost.

Shaun 13-05-2011 10:48 PM

a crime drama...just what the US needs :/

Locke. 13-05-2011 10:49 PM

Sounds a bit similar to Batman, just without the superhero.

Marsh. 13-05-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 4239400)
a crime drama...just what the US needs :/

Haha, I agree. So many versions of CSI, NCIS... channel 5 are full of them.

Locke. 28-05-2011 03:33 AM

This looks a level above your CSI, NCSI, typical poilice show

Locke. 29-05-2011 02:21 AM

According to CBS, Person of Interest received the highest test ratings of any drama pilot in 15 years, what one CBS executive called "crazy broad appeal you don’t usually see." The ratings prompted CBS to move CSI, which had occupied that slot for over 10 years, to Wednesday 10/9c to make room for Person of Interest.[3]

Locke. 20-09-2011 01:14 AM

Starts on the 22nd in America, proper trailer:

Locke. 29-09-2011 05:19 PM

13.33 Million viewers for the first episode :worship:

Marsh. 29-09-2011 05:21 PM

Think I'll stick with Fringe at the mo and then give Alcatraz a go in January. Don't like having more than one or two regular shows to watch makes me feel stressed lol. Might watch this show after the first season ends.

Joelle. 29-09-2011 06:08 PM

Looks promising but with such high test ratings I bet they were expecting more than 13.33 million, CSI doesn't get much less than that these days and that will probably be cancelled in the next couple of years considering it got up to 30 million back in the day. Loads of shows have had promising test ratings in the past and ended up being cancelled after one season. The Event had just about halved its original audience by the season finale. Hope that isn't the case here as it looks very good.

Locke. 29-09-2011 06:09 PM

If it sticks above 8 million it will be fine

Ramsay 29-09-2011 06:22 PM

Trailer looks really really good
Will have to watch it tonight
I love him so much but it will be so weird seeing Emerson playing someone other then Ben

Joelle. 01-10-2011 01:17 PM

Watched the pilot last night. Fantastic show and Michael Emerson is perfect for the role of Mr. Finch. :worship:

Locke. 22-11-2011 11:55 AM

Just watched the first episode, it was great. Going to watch the next few today. It has been picked up for a full season aswell now.

SyFy will be showing it in the UK, no premiere date yet though

Visage 22-11-2011 12:30 PM

I watched the first 15 minutes a while ago and it looks really promising, however I'm waiting to get the full season before I start to watch it. I like to watch my show back to back where I can.

I really can't be doing with all the breaks the US have during their shows.

Joelle. 28-02-2012 06:34 PM

Best show on TV at the mo, along with Homeland. Definitely rivals 24 as one of the best crime/thriller shows ever on American telly. Long may Reese and Finch grace our screens :worship:

Locke. 28-02-2012 06:37 PM

Yeah it is boss. Was thinking during the first 5 or 6 episodes that there was something missing, but as soon as they introduced the Elias character and started getting some continuity, it picked up a lot. There hasn't been one weak episode yet. Getting around the 15 million mark in ratings aswell, close to overtaking Grey's Anatony and winning its slot in the 18-49 bracket

Locke. 14-03-2012 06:28 PM

Ratings keep rising and rising and now it has been renewed for a second season

Renewed dramas are NCIS, television’s #1 drama/scripted program for the third consecutive year; NCIS: LOS ANGELES, the #2 drama for the second straight year; HAWAII FIVE-0, CRIMINAL MINDS, CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, PERSON OF INTEREST, the #1 new series of the season, THE MENTALIST, BLUE BLOODS and the award-winning and critically acclaimed THE GOOD WIFE.

http://www.seat42f.com/cbs-announces...13-season.html

Locke. 11-05-2012 08:10 PM

This weeks episode was brilliant, finally discovered loads of information about the machine. Next weeks finale should be good.

Petershaw1984 16-05-2012 09:22 PM

When is it getting shown over here?

Locke. 17-05-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pio5ukuk (Post 5141160)
When is it getting shown over here?

Channel 5 just picked it up today, not sure when they're showing it but it will probably be in a couple of months time.

The Season Finale airs tonight in the US.

michael21 17-05-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke. (Post 5142115)
Channel 5 just picked it up today, not sure when they're showing it but it will probably be in a couple of months time.

The Season Finale airs tonight in the US.

July 2012 :dance::dance::dance: