ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Interests (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Do you believe in ghosts? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176182)

Vicky. 21-05-2011 08:46 PM

Do you believe in ghosts?

I have always said no.

But recently, on a night if I get up at stupid AM to go to the loo..I get the feeling I'm being watched when I walk back across the landing. Its got so bad now that now I flush the loo really quick and proper leg it back to my room. As soon as I get in my room, I dont feel like I'm being watched anymore. Its so ****ing weird and creeping me out a lot. The old woman who lived here before us died in this house too. I have only just told gav this about 10 mins ago, and he reckons he sees things moving out the corner of his eye all the time in the kitchen(I rarely venture into the kitchen :tongue: ) so now we are both just sitting freaked out waiting for something to happen even though it wont :bored:

Ninastar 21-05-2011 08:48 PM

I've had loads of different experiences, but Im still unsure of whether its my mind or not

Smithy 21-05-2011 08:51 PM

Yes http://r11.imgfast.net/users/1114/19...2076676620.gif

MTVN 21-05-2011 08:52 PM

No, I've always been surprised how many people do really

Vicky. 21-05-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 4255806)
No, I've always been surprised how many people do really

Thats been me in the past too.

I never believed in ANY form of life after death, so it would be stupid of me to believe in ghosts.

But somethings happening in my house :sad: And I cant think of any other explanation or anything. So now my heads well and truly ****ed

King Gizzard 21-05-2011 08:54 PM

no.

aliens on the other hand..

GypsyGoth 21-05-2011 08:55 PM

I think about two years ago I was pretty sure they did exist. Now I don't know, I'm unsure.

Doogle 21-05-2011 08:56 PM

When I was in France last year, there was something living in the basement of the cottage we stayed in, cos every time I got up to go to the loo there was something coming up the stairs. But it wasn't anything visible I swear cos I checked 100000 times. I got so scared one night I went to bed without watching Big Brother. But it was just an episode where Josie and John James were arguing so I wasn't bothered.

Zippy 21-05-2011 08:56 PM

I don't believe in ghosts you can see but I think a certain energy can linger. When your senses pick up on that energy I think your brain can play tricks and create an image that isnt really there but you think it is. We've all had moments when we think someones behind us suddenly but there's nobody there.

But basically I think its mostly in the mind. If a person dying somewhere made it haunted then hospitals would be riddled with ghosts.

Josy 21-05-2011 08:56 PM

I believe in residual energies.

I feel a bit shivvery now, that always happens to me when I read or talk about spooky stuff :bawling:

MTVN 21-05-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 4255812)
Thats been me in the past too.

I never believed in ANY form of life after death, so it would be stupid of me to believe in ghosts.

But somethings happening in my house :sad: And I cant think of any other explanation or anything. So now my heads well and truly ****ed

D: it is weird these experiences people have, one of my friends was convinced they had a ghost in his house at Uni cos loads of weird stuff was happening, they hired a medium and apparently it went away, I never really believed him but he was sure of it

Vicky. 21-05-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy (Post 4255823)
I don't believe in ghosts you can see but I think a certain energy can linger. When your senses pick up on that energy I think your brain can play tricks and create an image that isnt really there but you think it is. We've all had moments when we think someones behind us suddenly but there's nobody there.

But basically I think its mostly in the mind. If a person dying somewhere made it haunted then hospitals would be riddled with ghosts.

That makes sense I guess.

I just dont get why its only ever in one place that it happens though :/

Kerry 21-05-2011 09:10 PM

Well I have very VERY strange things happen in my house which are totally unexplainable (is that a word??) but I think until I actually see one I'll never be able to say yes 100%.

InOne 21-05-2011 09:11 PM

Yep. I've seen a few in my time. It's really weird

Zippy 21-05-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 4255854)
That makes sense I guess.

I just dont get why its only ever in one place that it happens though :/

I think there's still a lot we don't understand about our extra senses and what happens to somebodies energy and aura when their body dies. But I think ghosts is a simplistic answer. The idea that they can still exist as an image and the ability to think...thats just ridiculous to me. You need a brain to process thought and their brain no longer exists.

But it makes some sense that their presence may still exist in some form or other. Somebody with strong extra senses may pick up on it more than others do. Kinda like a top sniffer dog.

Novo 21-05-2011 09:13 PM

No.. if you think you have your mentally insane

joeysteele 21-05-2011 09:15 PM

I keep an open mind, I wouldn't likely be able to tell anyone of I did see anything anyway as I would likely drop dead from shock.
I panic when a daddy long legs is in my rooms,never mind a ghost.

Shaun 21-05-2011 09:19 PM

Nope.

Smithy 21-05-2011 09:22 PM

http://www.ghosttheory.com/2011/03/3...lly-attack-her -scurd for vicky-

Vicky. 21-05-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 4255913)

:laugh:

Jords 21-05-2011 09:58 PM

Nah not really, sometimes at night I get a feeling somebodys watching me too from like a dark corner of the room or something, but I think its more to do with not being able to see whats there and coming up with the worse case scenario, which then plays on your mind.

About 3 years ago I used to do the same exact thing Vicky, or not even go to the loo cause I was scared xD

Marsh. 21-05-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jords (Post 4255997)
Nah not really, sometimes at night I get a feeling somebodys watching me too from like a dark corner of the room or something, but I think its more to do with not being able to see whats there and coming up with the worse case scenario, which then plays on your mind.

About 3 years ago I used to do the same exact thing Vicky, or not even go to the loo cause I was scared xD

I'm sorry. I'll stop doing that.

Jords 21-05-2011 10:32 PM

:o

Josy 21-05-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08marsh (Post 4256059)
I'm sorry. I'll stop doing that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jords (Post 4256071)
:o

:joker:

'Conor 21-05-2011 10:57 PM

i believe in Spirits, not so much Ghosts