ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Soaps (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   'EastEnders' announces Derek Branning casting.. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182880)

bbfan1991 25-08-2011 11:15 PM

'EastEnders' announces Derek Branning casting..

http://i2.cdnds.net/11/34/uktv_jamie_foreman.jpg

EastEnders' Branning siblings are in for a shock later this year as their eldest brother Derek is heading to Albert Square.

Film, TV and stage star Jamie Foreman has been cast in the role of Derek and will make his first appearance on the BBC soap in the winter.

As he arrives in Walford, Derek quickly seizes the opportunity to rule the roost among his family again - but he also has a bigger ambition as he strives to become King of the Square.

Speaking of his casting, Foreman commented: "I am hugely excited to be joining such an iconic show. EastEnders is full of fantastic actors so it is a role I couldn't refuse. The Brannings are such a great family to be joining and I am extremely interested to see how Derek is going to fit in."

EastEnders' executive producer Bryan Kirkwood added: "Loyal EastEnders viewers may know that the fearsome Derek Branning, eldest son of Jim, has been a shadowy presence looming over the rest of the family for years. So it's a real coup to sign Jamie Foreman to play the biggest, baddest Branning brother.

"Jamie has an incredible acting pedigree, having starred in some of the best British movies of recent times, and we can't wait for him to bring his unique talents to Walford."

As Derek settles into Albert Square life, viewers will be left to wonder whether he is the same dangerous and destructive man he used to be - and whether his family will welcome him back into the fold.

An EastEnders insider teased: "Out of all the Brannings, Derek is the one that most people fear. Although he can be charming, he will be the one that can out-alpha almost any man in Albert Square - maybe even Phil. He is going to cause a lot of disruption to his family."

Foreman has previously appeared in a number of productions including Nil By Mouth, Gangster No. 1 and Oliver Twist.

EastEnders fans previously saw Derek on screen for a brief appearance in 1996, with actor Terence Beesley playing the role.

Kerry 25-08-2011 11:18 PM

Another one?? FFS!

Locke. 25-08-2011 11:18 PM

The taxi driver from the Football Factory :joker:

InOne 25-08-2011 11:20 PM

He looks a bit like Barry Evans there

Callum 25-08-2011 11:22 PM

Won't judge him until he's on screen but I think there are way too many Brannings on the show. Same with the Moons.

Kerry 25-08-2011 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callum (Post 4506094)
Won't judge him until he's on screen but I think there are way too many Brannings on the show. Same with the Moons.

I think there must have been something in the East End water 40 years or so back. No family seems to have less than about 4 offspring

InOne 25-08-2011 11:25 PM

Carol goes awfully with the Brannings, she just seems so out of place

bbfan1991 25-08-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callum (Post 4506094)

I agree, can't stand most of the Branning's now apart from Abi and Max, plus Michael and Eddie are the only Moon's I can tolerate. Kat and Alfie have been ruined:(.

I miss the Slaters:bawling:, only Jean and Big Mo are left flying the flag.

Patrick 25-08-2011 11:57 PM

DEREK? :amazed:

Lewis. 26-08-2011 12:15 AM

We need a new family I think - some fresh faces.

bbfan1991 26-08-2011 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewis. (Post 4506217)
We need a new family I think - some fresh faces.

Absolutely:).

flamingGalah! 26-08-2011 12:00 PM

I hate the way EastEnders has to have one or two families completely dominate the show :sleep: They may as well re-name it "The Brannings"...

It is almost as bad as Emmerdale with it's cast being 99.9% Dingles... :bored:

RichardWells 27-08-2011 04:45 PM

I can't believe you people moaning about this.

This could well be awesome as I really do want to see him square up to Phil.

Eastenders is about to get interesting again.