ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chat and Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Most Loved #5 [Voting closed] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189724)

Z 01-11-2011 07:48 PM

Most Loved #5 [Voting closed]

It's back. Who knows what will happen this time?
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/o...ed5graphic.jpg

Good evening TiBB. It's that again. No, not the time of the month, not that time. Nor is it The Time (Dirty Bit). It's not even the time of my life, but I do owe it all to you. It's time for the second of our bi-annual Most Loved competitions! Read on for details, though most of you should be familiar with the format by now. In the not too distant future, you will all have an evening of self love (no, not that kind of self love) and impatience at how long it takes me to post (though I always work my ass off to get it done as fast as possible - it just takes forever!) to look forward to once more!

The Format:

Round 1 - every member can nominate up to 10 members (ideally you will nominate 10) who they believe should qualify for the Most Loved Top 50 count down - you do not rank these in order, but just list ten names. Three nominations qualifies that member for the second round of voting. You may only nominate once, and you may not nominate a member more than once in round 1, just list ten members that you wish to nominate for the competition.

Rules for round 1 - YOU MAY NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES NOMINATE CLAYMORES OR HE WILL THROW A BITCH FIT. HE DOES NOT WANT YOUR LOVE. LEAVE HIM ALONE. You may not nominate permanently banned members, and all members are free to withdraw themselves from being nominated if they so wish. If you nominated or voted for someone who decides to withdraw from the competition, you will be allowed to update your vote accordingly. I should stress that this is a good natured, feel good thread, and it's a shame to withdraw because, in my opinion, it's nice to read nice things about yourself.

Round 2 - This is where it gets more interesting. After 50 members have qualified for round 2, the shortlist will be posted and round 2 will open. Members must then choose their top 10 favourite members from this list of 50 and rank them in order of preference, from 1st to 10th place, and send their vote to me in a Private Message. You MUST include reasons for voting for these members as when I do the count down, I will be typing up a paragraph with reasons why each member is loved by the forum. 1st place in a set of votes in round 2 will receive 10 points, 2nd place = 9 points ... 10th place = 1 point.

Final list - The first round, where members received nominations, will be multiplied by 3 to give the top 50 members a first round score (e.g. if Shaun received 10 nominations, he'd have 30 points in round 1) which will be added to the second round score (e.g. Shaun receives 79 points overall in round 2) giving a final score (e.g. Shaun would have 109 points) and this overall score will be used to dictate where members finish on the final list.

Ask questions now; nominations shall open soon...

Iceman 01-11-2011 07:55 PM

I remember that bitch fit :love:

CharlieO 01-11-2011 07:55 PM

TOO MANY AWARDS AT ONCE!!!! /c

Maia 01-11-2011 08:01 PM

:amazed:!!!!

Z 01-11-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieO (Post 4710026)
TOO MANY AWARDS AT ONCE!!!! /c

Not really; this one takes place at the end of November/start of December, the Razzies are at the end of December and I think the TiBB Awards are mid December, they're staggered. This has always been awards season time, all the hype threads are just appearing now. Lern2TiBB!

Jordan. 01-11-2011 08:05 PM

All we need now is Controversial 2... shaun http://www.tehdriven.com/forum/image...stom/wavey.gif

Kerry 01-11-2011 10:12 PM

:spin:

Niall 02-11-2011 06:47 AM

asdljghrejuhi! :amazed:

Omfg this was so fun last time. Those 6 hours were hilarious. :love:

Black Dagger 02-11-2011 08:13 AM

MORE AWARDS <3...

Will probably make a list when I can be bothered :D.

Benjamin 02-11-2011 10:10 AM

I need to do better than 6th this time. :hugesmile:

Kate! 02-11-2011 10:14 AM

Do we nominate ten members in this thread. I can probably already predict most of the final top ten btw.

Shaun 02-11-2011 02:30 PM

Not yet Kate :)

I'm prepared for a massive tumble in positions :laugh: I'd be happy to make the top ten with my current activity :/

Doogle 02-11-2011 03:39 PM

I was ready for this in August and now people have ****ed off/new people have come along so I have to redo my list :mad:

So excited though :love:

Benjamin 07-11-2011 09:41 AM

It'll be interesting to see how the Top 10 forms this time.

CharlieO 07-11-2011 12:56 PM

NO VOTES AGAIN 4 ME :amazed:

Black Dagger 07-11-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukturtle (Post 4728033)
It'll be interesting to see how the Top 10 forms this time.

I just hope I'm in the top 49... :p

Kate! 07-11-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 4711928)
Not yet Kate :)

I'm prepared for a massive tumble in positions :laugh: I'd be happy to make the top ten with my current activity :/

You are still much loved never fear :hugesmile: :hug:

Shaun 07-11-2011 01:57 PM

just a small request greg - could you do this possibly without the 50-person shortlist? just because it'd be more interesting and add more suspense :spin2:

Novo 07-11-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 4728610)
just a small request greg - could you do this possibly without the 50-person shortlist? just because it'd be more interesting and add more suspense :spin2:

Great idea

Z 07-11-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 4728610)

I was mulling this idea over last time - it could work but I'd have to hope that people just happen to vote for 50 different members but it could well work... what do people think?

MTVN 07-11-2011 03:06 PM

I like that idea :)

Maia 07-11-2011 03:07 PM

I prefer the shortlist. It's easier to vote using that then coming up with the votes in your head where you know you'll probably forget a few gems.

Shaun 07-11-2011 03:47 PM

I do like the countdown either way - and in a way knowing the top ten is quite tense - but I'd like the idea of everyone going "oh it must be Scott at #1" and then he doesn't chart at all and it goes to NettoSuperstar or something

Shaun 07-11-2011 03:48 PM

unless after the first round you post a list of ALL of the people who were nominated, so that as Mollie says we don't forget anyone, but then the top 50 is a mystery

Z 07-11-2011 04:08 PM

I've had a couple of ideas:

1) Have just the one round of voting but allow 15 users to be nominated per vote; so 1st = 15pts, 15th = 1pt and if people nominate fewer than 15, e.g. they nominate 11 users, then 1st = 11pts, 11th = 1pt so that the onus is on everyone to vote for 15 users; and I'll regularly update the thread with a list of people who have received at least one point so that people know who's picked up points and can perhaps draw inspiration from that - but I would ask, then, for people to not say in the thread that they've nominated so that it's not obvious who's voted for who, just to keep it more exciting.

2) Keep it to the same format as before with the previously explained rules.

3) Have just one round, and after I've closed votes, I'll post a list of all of the users who picked up points but did not chart in the top 50 - therefore giving a gulf of people who either did make the top 50 or didn't receive any points at all, potentially giving some shock results.

Thoughts?