ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB12 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=586)
-   -   Do you think BB - especially CBB - was (too) successful to bring back LF (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191868)

alex_front2 22-11-2011 05:26 PM

Do you think BB - especially CBB - was (too) successful to bring back LF

C5 senior executives must have been fairly happy with BB ratings (it was never going to top C4's) and the CBB were really really good. Do you reckon this means C5 will use this as an excuse to ditch Live Feed?

Mystic Mock 22-11-2011 05:31 PM

C5 will have to bring Live Feed back as CBB dropped 5 million viewers,and BB12 just did ****.

If C5 do not bring Live Feed back for CBB9 and BB13 then they are asking for Big Brother to be cancelled.

alex_front2 22-11-2011 05:42 PM

But C5 will never get the same ratings as C4. Not every home has C5 despite being terrestrial. If Coronation Street was on C5 at the same time as now ratings would drop like a stone.

MTVN 22-11-2011 06:25 PM

Yeah very possibly, if I'm honest I don't think a lack of Live Feed is responsible for losing a significant amount of viewers anyway

starry 22-11-2011 09:28 PM

The executives are fairly stupid as the comments heard this year show. So what logic they will use in their decisions is anyone's guess.

fruit_cake 22-11-2011 09:33 PM

do ordinary people watch LF? I thought it was just the fanatics like us who'll watch anyway LF or not

Samuel. 22-11-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 4774827)
Yeah very possibly, if I'm honest I don't think a lack of Live Feed is responsible for losing a significant amount of viewers anyway

Yeah same. People make a big fuss about it, and I miss it too, but I don't imagine it has had much of an impact on viewing figures. It's mostly the casual viewers that have moved on from Big Brother, very few of which would have ever watched the live feed anyway.

It's probably not worth their while to go through the trouble. I don't think it's as easy as hitting a switch and hey presto.

starry 22-11-2011 10:57 PM

They did little for the viewers this year, with their website, the apps or much else. So they consider very little to be worth their trouble. The problem is that in thinking that they will finally kill the show.

Mystic Mock 22-11-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 4774705)
But C5 will never get the same ratings as C4. Not every home has C5 despite being terrestrial. If Coronation Street was on C5 at the same time as now ratings would drop like a stone.

CBB8 peaked at 6 million viewers on the launch night,but because the general public couldnt get into the show without LF it dropped to 1.7 million viewers.

Also BB10 had no LF yet that has done the second worst in the ratings,imo alot of people that did watch BB was die hard fans but didnt get the point of the show without LF.

daniel-lewis-1985 22-11-2011 11:03 PM

BB was not a success ratings wise so i dont see Channel 5 wanting to fork out any more money on it and paying to set up live feed and all the extra work that it would involve around the clock.

I hope they bring it back but i dont think they will.

dizzy bint 23-11-2011 07:56 AM

I think they will bring back token live feed, maybe for an hour during the day and an hour at night.

For C5 the ratings were good for CBB however ratings can always get better. They should be considering whether the number of extra viewers attracted by live feed make it worth their while bearing in mind that they were swamped with bad PR last time.

iRyan 23-11-2011 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samuel. (Post 4775354)
Yeah same. People make a big fuss about it, and I miss it too, but I don't imagine it has had much of an impact on viewing figures. It's mostly the casual viewers that have moved on from Big Brother, very few of which would have ever watched the live feed anyway.

It's probably not worth their while to go through the trouble. I don't think it's as easy as hitting a switch and hey presto.

Big Brother 10 and Big Brother 12 were the only series without a live feed.
They both also happened to be the two lowest rated series.
Coincidence or not? I don't think it is.

daniel-lewis-1985 23-11-2011 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iRyan (Post 4775881)

But BB10 did have a few hours a day and overnight lf no?

I would have killed for that this year.

MTVN 23-11-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iRyan (Post 4775881)

How many more viewers did BB11 get? Because only 80,000 signed up for Live Feed last year, that's a very small chunk of the viewing figures

saigon 23-11-2011 11:57 AM

Live feed is gone and never coming back.

Kate! 23-11-2011 12:01 PM

They won't bring it back because they can't manipulate it like they have this year if we have it back, so it won't happen imo. Bar Stewards!

mitch6690r 23-11-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 4776139)
How many more viewers did BB11 get? Because only 80,000 signed up for Live Feed last year, that's a very small chunk of the viewing figures

You're an idiot. The reason why having a live feed boosts viewing ratings is because it provides media outlets with news that they can publish, regarding the house happenings. This media attention acts as advertising, in a way, encouraging people to watch the daily show that night (or the next day) to see it all unfold.

MTVN 23-11-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitch6690r (Post 4776171)
You're an idiot. The reason why having a live feed boosts viewing ratings is because it provides media outlets with news that they can publish, regarding the house happenings. This media attention acts as advertising, in a way, encouraging people to watch the daily show that night (or the next day) to see it all unfold.

Well the Star is the only national newspaper now that gives daily coverage of Big Brother, but besides, any media outlet - be it a paper, website etc. - could still publish news about what's happening in the house by the Facebook clips that were posted. For all the criticism of them, and yes I know they're no replacement for Live Feed, but they did always show us a few events of interest that would have otherwise gone unseen

Jordan. 23-11-2011 12:36 PM

If they think managing to scrape 1M viewers, getting bombarded with conspiracy theories and having to block fans from their facebook because they ask for LF is a success then I guess so.

starry 23-11-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 4776185)
Well the Star is the only national newspaper now that gives daily coverage of Big Brother, but besides, any media outlet - be it a paper, website etc. - could still publish news about what's happening in the house by the Facebook clips that were posted. For all the criticism of them, and yes I know they're no replacement for Live Feed, but they did always show us a few events of interest that would have otherwise gone unseen

Newspapers, who cares about them? There's something called the internet and that is what Big Brother feeds upon and has for years. CH5's efforts on the internet and treatment of fans there was pathetic, an internet stream and decent up to the minute web coverage is essential for Big Brother. Compared to what CH4 did their efforts have been very cheap.