ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   What game/s are you currently playing? (http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195032)

Samuel. 03-02-2012 10:36 PM

A whole lot of Mass Effect 2. Loving it just as much as I did at release. Probably my favourite game of the generation.

And some WWE All Stars as well, which I'm also loving, despite not having cared for wrestling in about 6 years.

Dia. 03-02-2012 10:41 PM

Got MGS HD and FF XIII, playing FF first

Samuel. 05-02-2012 01:11 PM

Started playing Enslaved.

The voice acting is brilliant, and I'm loving both characters, especially Trip :love:

Samuel. 09-02-2012 12:55 PM

Just finished Enslaved. Brilliant game. Trip and Monkey are both great characters, but it's the relationship between them that was executed so well. Loved the ending as well.

It felt slightly rushed near the end, like 2 or 3 chapters were missing. But it's still definitely one of the best games I've played in a while.

Recommended for anyone looking for an Uncharted-esque game with more emotion. Could probably pick it up for like 10-15 by now.

Sucks that it sold poorly. One of the most underrated games of the generation.

Sullen Girl 09-02-2012 06:31 PM

alan wake and im bored of it now i just want it to end -shakes-

Dezzy 09-02-2012 06:46 PM

I'm playing FFXIII-2 and Soul Calibur 5. Both brilliant.

Catherine should arrive in the post tomorrow so I'll start playing that after I finish those two.

Samuel. 17-02-2012 11:23 AM

Finished Mass Effect 2 and Pigsy's Perfect 10 (Enslaved DLC).

ME2 is still the masterpiece I remember it to be.

Pigsy's Perfect 10 is probably the best DLC I've ever played. Very different gameplay to the original Enslaved (better gameplay in some ways), a different, more upbeat tone, and a different side to Pigsy we didn't see much of during Enslaved. The voice acting and cutscenes are brilliant. It's about 3 hours long. I can't fault it.

I don't know what I'll be playing next. Might go Gamestation today. Otherwise I still have Saints Row the Third's DLC to play.

I'm close to giving up on the idea of finishing Skyrm. Might even just trade it in today. I don't think it's as nearly as good as just about everyone is making it out to be. Sure, there are hundreds upon hundreds of locations to see and quests to do, but none of it is particularly good, they're all just okay, bar a few good ones. So many of them are just well disguised fetch quests, or just simple 'go to X location, kill enemies, done'. And I don't fancy spending tens of hours trudging through the mediocre stuff hoping to find a gem.

Dezzy 17-02-2012 11:25 AM

http://theparanoidgamer.com/wp-conte...-developer.jpg

THIS GAME IS AMAZING. BUY IT NOW. SELL AN ORGAN IF YOU MUST.

Samuel. 17-02-2012 01:01 PM

I just went to try and buy Catherine. They were out of copies :bored:

Instead I've bought Valkyria Chronicles, The Orange Box (for Portal), inFamous 2, and Heavy Rain. And also pre-ordered Mass Effect 3.

I'm spoilt for choice.

Roy Mars III 17-02-2012 01:02 PM

deus ex human revolution

Dezzy 17-02-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samuel. (Post 4962428)
I just went to try and buy Catherine. They were out of copies :bored:

Instead I've bought Valkyria Chronicles, The Orange Box (for Portal), inFamous 2, and Heavy Rain. And also pre-ordered Mass Effect 3.

I'm spoilt for choice.

It's the strangest yet most wonderful game I've ever played. The story is just brilliant, I just wanted to skip the gameplay and see how my choices affected things.

Yeah I pre-ordered ME3 too, can't wait for it.

Samuel. 17-02-2012 05:55 PM

Despite buying 4 games today, I don't feel like playing any of them. So fortunately I just discovered Catherine is available to download on PSN. Almost 10 GB's though, 286 minutes to go :bored:

I'm definitely going to play it on the easy setting. The climbing puzzle looks alright, but as you say, it's seeing how the story and choices play that makes the game interesting by the looks of it.

Dezzy 17-02-2012 06:06 PM

Yeah I did the same, I hope you enjoy it.

Sullen Girl 17-02-2012 10:28 PM

started playing shadows of the damned today it reminds me of bayonetta a lot but the main guy in this is nowhere near as fierce as bay

Samuel. 18-02-2012 01:18 AM

More fierce than a guy named Garcia "****ing" Hotspur, with a flaming skull thing called Johnson? Hmmm. I still need to play Bayonetta. And Shadows of the Damned for that matter. Both have been sitting on my desk for far too long.

Catherine took so bloody long to download (and it's still going now), I had time to start and finish Portal.

I liked it. It's a decent puzzle game with great writing. Not much more to say really. It didn't blow me away like it seemed to do for a lot of people. The ending was cool. Definitely looking forward picking up Portal 2 eventually.

Ninastar 18-02-2012 01:20 AM

Pokemon Black

/fabulous

Smithy 18-02-2012 01:20 AM

none :sad:

Smithy 18-02-2012 01:24 AM

I just read the plot for Catherine and that shit looks hella confusing

Dezzy 18-02-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 4963546)
I just read the plot for Catherine and that shit looks hella confusing

It's amazing, you got to experience it to get why it's so good. I got so invested in it.

Sullen Girl 18-02-2012 12:32 PM

Johnson is fabulous i must admit

Samuel. 19-02-2012 12:49 AM

So I just completed Catherine, in one sitting... Speaks to how addictive it is.

I'm conflicted. It does so many things right; the voice acting, the game's style, the set of characters, the music, the bizarre story - all great. It's just the part where it's, you know, a game, that's lacking. I actually warmed up to the box pushing puzzles during the last few floors, but most of the time it just felt like it was getting in the way of the story.

The most disappointed thing about Catherine, though, is how little of an impact you actually have throughout the game with your dialogue/text response options. All they really do is swing your good/bad meter one way or the other. As far as I'm aware, you're not making that much of an impact on the story until the near the very end, which basically just decides what ending you'll receive. Tis disappointing.

The pros definitely outweigh the cons though. There's nothing quite like Catherine out there. It's not Atlus' best work, but certainly an interesting game to hold us over until Persona 5.

Dezzy 19-02-2012 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samuel. (Post 4965422)
So I just completed Catherine, in one sitting... Speaks to how addictive it is.

I'm conflicted. It does so many things right; the voice acting, the game's style, the set of characters, the music, the bizarre story - all great. It's just the part where it's, you know, a game, that's lacking. I actually warmed up to the box pushing puzzles during the last few floors, but most of the time it just felt like it was getting in the way of the story.

The most disappointed thing about Catherine, though, is how little of an impact you actually have throughout the game with your dialogue/text response options. All they really do is swing your good/bad meter one way or the other. As far as I'm aware, you're not making that much of an impact on the story until the near the very end, which basically just decides what ending you'll receive. Tis disappointing.

The pros definitely outweigh the cons though. There's nothing quite like Catherine out there. It's not Atlus' best work, but certainly an interesting game to hold us over until Persona 5.

Yeah the actual gameplay is a bit...meh. but overall I adored the game.

The choices are actually quite important, if you don't say the right things to people at the bar and in the nightmares they'll end up dying. I did pretty badly in this regard on my first play through as only Daniel and the Journalist survived. I also think the karma bar subtly changes how the scenes progress but I've only played it through once so I've got to test that out.

Who did you opt for in the end? I chose Katherine and got the True Lovers ending, Catherine was just too much of a cray cray bitch but I'm gonna play through it again tomorrow and go down her path to see how much things change.

For me it's an early candidate for Game of the Year, it's just so different.

Samuel. 19-02-2012 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 4965597)
Yeah the actual gameplay is a bit...meh. but overall I adored the game.

The choices are actually quite important, if you don't say the right things to people at the bar and in the nightmares they'll end up dying. I did pretty badly in this regard on my first play through as only Daniel and the Journalist survived. I also think the karma bar subtly changes how the scenes progress but I've only played it through once so I've got to test that out.

Who did you opt for in the end? I chose Katherine and got the True Lovers ending, Catherine was just too much of a cray cray bitch but I'm gonna play through it again tomorrow and go down her path to see how much things change.

For me it's an early candidate for Game of the Year, it's just so different.

The journalist was the only guy that survived for me.

I went for neither, got the True Freedom ending. I guess that's where some of my frustration of the choices comes from. I decided pretty early on that neither were right for Vincent, and despite being cold to both K and C for half the game, out of nowhere he suddenly decides he wants to propose to K. I guess I was expecting more control over Vincent.

And I spent the whole game going from good to bad and back again on the karma meter, meaning the evil and nice responses it would trigger were, I dunno, just random and meaningless to how I was playing.

Samuel. 22-02-2012 08:18 PM

I bought a PSP Go, and I'm in love. Exactly what a handheld console should be about - downloadable games. It's a dead platform, but that doesn't matter to me when I haven't played any of the great PSP games available, as well as the PSOne Classics (or whatever they're calling them). Bought the GOAT puzzle game, Peggle, transferred Crash Team Racing and Crash Bandicoot 2 over from the PS3, and downloaded Persona 3 Portable. I'm now looking forward to my 40 minute train journey to college.

Also been playing Valkyria Chronicles, which I'm also loving. The gameplay is brilliant. It's like an expansive game of chess (well, sort of). It just works so well. Quite digging the story as well, and the whole style of the game is cool.

And lastly, the SSX demo :worship: Plays exactly how it should. Next Friday can't come soon enough.

Video games >

Dezzy 24-02-2012 05:52 PM

My friend's just randomly given me a bunch of PSP games so I'm playing through a few of them at the moment. I'm mostly playing Dissidia Duodecim and Persona 3.