ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   What game/s are you currently playing? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195032)

Samuel. 20-06-2012 06:35 PM

I liked inFamous a lot. Got inFamous 2 sitting on my desk, not overly keen to play it by what I've seen of it. They made Cole completely unlikeable by the looks of it. He was hardly an amazing character anyway, but they made him even worse. No interest in playing as him.

Samuel. 22-06-2012 12:36 PM

Completed Shadows of the Damned. Great game.

Time to get back into Yakuza 3.

Samuel. 24-06-2012 03:16 PM

Bought Diablo 3. Will get stuck into that whenever my MBP arrives.

Just installed Saints Row 2. Need to see why people keep bitching about The Third apparently not being as good :idc:

Jords 24-06-2012 07:08 PM

Super Mario 3D Land :amazed:

I love games like this, cba with complicated controls.

Ryan57 25-06-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jords (Post 5237213)
Super Mario 3D Land :amazed:

I love games like this, cba with complicated controls.

I think i'm going to get a 3DS and this will, without doubt, be one of the games I get for it.

Jords 28-06-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan57 (Post 5238803)
I think i'm going to get a 3DS and this will, without doubt, be one of the games I get for it.

Its piss easy but :love:

Only game I have for 3DS atm, I need to get
Tekken 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
and Mario Kart 7!!!

Ryan57 28-06-2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jords (Post 5250317)
Its piss easy but :love:

Only game I have for 3DS atm, I need to get
Tekken 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
and Mario Kart 7!!!

Yeah, I heard the difficulty was a bit easy. However, it's still Mario. I love Mario. :hugesmile:

Zelda and MK I shall be getting also. In recent days i've been playing MK on my DS. So good.

Scarlett. 28-06-2012 10:26 AM

Elder Scrolls: Dawnguard

Apocalypto 29-06-2012 09:11 AM

I’m playing Call of duty 4 and I love this game lot, it has better graphics than previous versions.

Samuel. 05-07-2012 04:21 PM

Completed Yakuza 3.

Amazing characters and story. Great for the Japanophile. The actual game play is pretty repetitive, but it's fun enough to see you through it. Ridiculous amount of content/side stuff; completed the game with about 35 hours on my save, with only 22% complete.

Now going through and sweeping up any of the more interesting side missions in the game's Premium Adventure Mode or w/e they call it, basically allowing you to do exactly that - go around and completing everything you hadn't already.

The first third of the game is really slow paced and require a lot of patience, but it gradually picks up and the last 5 or so hours are pretty hectic. The slow build up makes sense when you see some of the more emotional scenes later on. You end up caring about just about every character. Honestly might be the best game I've ever played in terms of characters.

Can finally give Yakuza 3 and Portal 2 back to LoveFilm after 2 months, with Lollipop Chainsaw and Asura's Wrath next on my list. Asura's Wrath looks like GOTY material, can't wait for that to arrive.

Novo 05-07-2012 04:30 PM

I always found FFVIII the easiest to level up in, back when i first played it i hardly leveled up at all and got stuck on all the bosses because i just wanted to carry on with the story.. then slowly learnt about the benefits of junctioning magic and leveling up.. now i make sure to get to Level 50 before going to Galbadia

Doogle 05-07-2012 04:31 PM

AC Brotherhood. It's good so far, I love the combat, but I'm a total noob and have no idea what's going on.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 07-07-2012 09:51 PM

i just finished enslaved the ending was so sad omg :sad:

Samuel. 11-07-2012 03:22 PM

Tried playing Saints Row 2, but it just made me want to play The Third. So I did. I'm now going back and finishing up all the side stuff. Such a great game, idk how anybody could prefer SR2. I think it's going to be my first platinum trophy. I don't normally pay attention to trophies, but SR3 is fun enough to keep me playing, + I have so much time to waste without having internet all the time.

Samuel. 11-07-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott (Post 5282538)
i just finished enslaved the ending was so sad omg :sad:

You should get the Pigsy DLC. It's a better game from a game play perspective in a lot of ways. Maybe the best DLC I've played.

LemonJam 11-07-2012 04:36 PM

Been playing FFXIII. I'm up to the bit where

Spoiler:

They've just rescued Sazh and Vanille

I think the characters and story really grow on you but only from around Chapter 5, I think it starts really, really slow. I really like the battle system but I wish it wasn't so linear. The characters in general have pretty great chemistry.

Want to play FFI-VIII atm but alas I don't have them anymore :(

Locke. 11-07-2012 04:37 PM

Top Spin 4

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 11-07-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samuel. (Post 5293890)
You should get the Pigsy DLC. It's a better game from a game play perspective in a lot of ways. Maybe the best DLC I've played.

i might actually OH BUT SINCE YOU HAVE PLAYED CAN YOU LIKE EXPLAIN THE ENDING

Spoiler:

so basically the pyramid guy was capturing people and putting them in a fake world kinda like the blue pill/red pill thing in the matrix? i kind of understand why he would do that BUT WHY WAS IT SO SECRETIVE like why didnt he just tell people and maybe they could have made their own choice about what they wanted rather than being forced into it so yeah i think he deserved to die for doing that and there should be a sequel where trip and monkey build an army out of all of the 'slaves' and clear all the mechs from the world or something idk

and how hot is monkey i know he is green and stuff but still like wow

rayheartbliss 11-07-2012 09:13 PM

Mass effect 3

Samuel. 13-07-2012 12:11 PM

Feels so good to have a computer capable of playing games. Bought Portal 2, Trine 1&2 and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition on the Steam sale for just £11.47.

Samuel. 13-07-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott (Post 5294565)
i might actually OH BUT SINCE YOU HAVE PLAYED CAN YOU LIKE EXPLAIN THE ENDING

Spoiler:

so basically the pyramid guy was capturing people and putting them in a fake world kinda like the blue pill/red pill thing in the matrix? i kind of understand why he would do that BUT WHY WAS IT SO SECRETIVE like why didnt he just tell people and maybe they could have made their own choice about what they wanted rather than being forced into it so yeah i think he deserved to die for doing that and there should be a sequel where trip and monkey build an army out of all of the 'slaves' and clear all the mechs from the world or something idk

and how hot is monkey i know he is green and stuff but still like wow

idk I'd have to watch the ending again. I remember loving it though. Enslaved is so underrated.

Unfortunately it sold terribly and we'll probably never see a sequel :sad:

CaPPa 14-07-2012 04:27 AM

My current play rotations are:

PS3 - Doctor Who The Eternity Clock, Shadow of the Colossus HD, DC Universe Online
Wii - Xenoblade Chronicles
3DS - PES 2012, Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked, Marvel Pinball

Over the next month I'll be getting Kingdom Hearts DDD for the 3DS and The Last Story for the Wii.

Samuel. 16-07-2012 07:14 PM

Completed Asura's Wrath. Incredible in parts, frustrating and repetitive in others. Was in love with the game for the first two Parts, but the two after (one of which you have to pay extra for, as DLC, just so you can finish the story) I started to take more issue with the lacklustre gameplay.

It pretty much has the best boss fights in any game I've ever played, even while a lot of it is just watching a cutscene with the occasional QTE. It's filled with ridiculously epic moments that I wish more games would reach for.

The story and characters are very good for a video game, probably because it's pretty much an interactive anime and written as such. Overall it's a great game, but definitely flawed.

Lollipop Chainsaw is next up.

Samuel. 17-07-2012 03:30 PM

I'm not enjoying Lollipop Chainsaw. The only thing it's got going for it is it's personality and style, and even that isn't anything amazing. Combat isn't fun. Never really been a fan of melee combo focused games anyway, and this doesn't seem like a particularly good one. I can see why people would like it, but it's not for me.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 17-07-2012 04:23 PM

im so glad i didnt pay full price for lollipop :suspect:

-waits until its like £12 on amazon-