ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   What game/s are you currently playing? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195032)

Toy Soldier 04-12-2020 09:08 PM

Playing Rimworld on PC and I am a bit addicted. It's an indie... Colony builder, I suppose? The emergent gameplay is amazing though. I had a little colony of just 4 people, but it was all going great, between them all the major tasks were covered and I was self-sufficient. But then three refugees turned up and asked if they could stay for 30 days and they'd work for room & board so I said yes... After about 10 days they sprung their trap! Pulled guns they had stashed and tried to take over the colony! I managed to kill two and capture one (he's now locked up in a cell half dead but I want to indoctrinate him because he has good skills), but my doctor is badly injured now and... There's no other colonist with decent med training so I don't know what's going to happen to her :omgno:. The guy who does all the cooking is also injured bad and we're out of prepped food, surviving on raw potatoes. AND we're in the middle of a week long lightning storm.

It's so dramatic :worry:

AND one of them killed the pet hare :(. So now poor bunny is in a freezer incase we run out of taters :umm2:

Toy Soldier 05-12-2020 08:03 PM

We got raided again and my guy who is (supposedly) good at shooting was firing at a raider... And one of my other guys ran in from out of nowhere with a knife, and was shot in the leg by friendly fire. Now he has sepsis and we're out of proper modern medkits so my doc is trying to help him with natural medicine we grew in the garden :worry:. It's touch and go...

Honestly this game looks so simple (top down 2d strategy) but it has a ridiculous amount of depth :joker:. I also had a guy have a nervous breakdown because he's in withdrawals from drugs (I'm trying to get him clean) and another colonist turned down his advances and he just lost it and wrecked the pool table :hmph:. And then the next day, he had the cheek to have a -5 on his mood modifiers because the Rec room is "lacking"! U wot mate?? Everyone loved it when it had a pool table!

Nicky91 06-12-2020 11:56 AM

still as you all know PS3

currently onto

The Last of Us (first one), started all over (i am grateful it happens to work again, there was some weird saving error which i thought it was too damaged, but a different save file works better)

FIFA 19

and a bit of exploring in Fallout New Vegas

sometimes i'm also playing Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls again :love:

LukeB 07-12-2020 07:17 PM

The Last Of Us 2

LaLaLand 07-12-2020 09:14 PM

Just got Vice City off PSN and the nostalgia is insane. My early teenage years playing this - great times! :love:

Ramsay 07-12-2020 09:15 PM

Some soundtrack LaLa

LaLaLand 07-12-2020 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramsay (Post 10965891)
Some soundtrack LaLa

Amen!

Was a toss up between it and San Andreas but SA seemed fresher in my mind so had to go with VC. Love the 80’s vibe.

Dogeatdog 07-12-2020 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLaLand (Post 10965890)
Just got Vice City off PSN and the nostalgia is insane. My early teenage years playing this - great times! :love:

Such a great game LaLa my favourite GTA for the PS2 games. Everything about it was just brilliant it brings back such great memories.

Last night a DJ saved my life from a broken heart...... :dance:

LukeB 07-12-2020 10:13 PM

Always love it when they play Out Of Touch on Vice City

Dogeatdog 07-12-2020 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 10965907)
Always love it when they play Out Of Touch on Vice City

The whole soundtrack was perfection :thumbs:

Jordan. 07-12-2020 11:04 PM

Quote:

I bought the trilogy recently on PSN and VC was the first one I played too, as others have said mostly just to hear the soundtrack again :skull: only downside is no Billie Jean in the game anymore.

Rufus 07-12-2020 11:42 PM

I just finished Sackboy: A Big Adventure yesterday for PS4 gonna start The Messenger soon.

LukeB 08-12-2020 05:34 PM

Quote:

good luck with this mission :laugh:

LaLaLand 15-12-2020 02:25 AM

Currently playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey and it's blowing my mind, I absolutely love it. Can't believe I slept on this series for so long.

Already ordered Origins for when I'm for the most part finished with Odyssey. Then sometime in the future I'll be sure to get Valhalla!

Nicky91 24-12-2020 04:46 PM

currently started over with Telltale GoT (shame its second season plans had been cancelled thx to that mess over at Telltale)

i very much like playing this, also the ''you might think one thing, but you must say another'' got me hooked, i mean thx to knowing the series, i know you need to lie sometimes not to get someone angry or against you

Novo 03-01-2021 10:23 PM

Going for the Plat on FFX and FFX-2, ****ing lightning dodge trophy will probably do me in though,

already done FF7, FF8, and FF15 plats and nothing is anything as challenging as the lightning dodge trophy on there

Novo 03-01-2021 10:25 PM

the ff9 skipping one is a nightmare as well actually along with the speed run trophy

Lee. 03-01-2021 10:38 PM

Just starting Breath of the Wild.. I started it before and got really into it but then **** happened and I lost interest , so I’ve started afresh.

Toy Soldier 03-01-2021 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NovoBaratheon (Post 10978739)
the ff9 skipping one is a nightmare as well actually along with the speed run trophy

No Encounters booster makes the FFIX speedrun trophy a joke to get. It's essentially the Excalibur II trophy - which was possible (but difficult) to get on original PSX with no boosters, so with encounters off you can do it in 3/4 that time or less no problem. The key is quick bursts of grinding levels in good grinding areas and skipping ALL other random battles.

Novo 03-01-2021 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10978763)
No Encounters booster makes the FFIX speedrun trophy a joke to get. It's essentially the Excalibur II trophy - which was possible (but difficult) to get on original PSX with no boosters, so with encounters off you can do it in 3/4 that time or less no problem. The key is quick bursts of grinding levels in good grinding areas and skipping ALL other random battles.

what about the 1000 jumps skipping one though, think my record is barely 200

Black Dagger 03-01-2021 11:35 PM

Sackboy.

I like me a platformed that challenges me x

Toy Soldier 05-01-2021 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NovoBaratheon (Post 10978766)
what about the 1000 jumps skipping one though, think my record is barely 200

I could never do it :joker:. Even as a teenager with much better reactions than now.

I never had an issue with the FFX lightning strikes, though. The timing window is fairly forgiving IIRC - the challenge really is in not losing concentration.

Toy Soldier 05-01-2021 11:42 AM

I am HOPELESSLY hooked on RimWorld at this point :umm2:.

LukeB 05-01-2021 01:42 PM

Still playing the last of us two, it’s good but I hate playing as Abby after what she did! First one is much better

Toy Soldier 05-01-2021 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 10979477)
Still playing the last of us two, it’s good but I hate playing as Abby after what she did! First one is much better

Team Abby

https://media.tenor.com/images/fdd05...812e/tenor.gif