ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   What game/s are you currently playing? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195032)

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 05-01-2021 03:43 PM

Still playing cyberpunk https://cdn.thisisbigbrother.com/cus...tar4784_60.gif

The Slim Reaper 05-01-2021 05:34 PM

Anyone played Greed Fall or Maneater? They're free this month. I quite fancied maneater when it came out but it looked a bit repetitive so any feedback would be welcomed.

Toy Soldier 05-01-2021 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper (Post 10979546)
Anyone played Greed Fall or Maneater? They're free this month. I quite fancied maneater when it came out but it looked a bit repetitive so any feedback would be welcomed.

Greedfall seems good on paper but I found I couldn't really get into it. It borrows bits and pieces of better games I guess. It feels like Dragon Age, or Witcher 3, or parts of each, and some other games, except with less polish. Basically I'd say... If you loved Witcher 3 or Dragon Age Inquisition you might like it. If you didn't you definitely won't. And if you haven't played them... Play them instead because they're better games :joker:

Mystic Mock 05-01-2021 10:10 PM

Team Sonic Racing.

It's Sonic meets Kart Racing, what's not to love?

Being serious it is a fun alternative to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Beach Buggy Racing.

Toy Soldier 05-01-2021 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 10979653)
Is Abby actually well written?

I've always hesitated to get the Game because she sounds like a female Negan from TWD based off her description, but is the storyline executed better?

She's easily one of the best written characters in the game and the game is one of the best written of the generation. She's certainly nothing like Negan, other than... Well... That One Fing Wot Happens. She's the secondary protagonist - she isn't the villain, despite what the Internet will try to tell you (because of Joel bias) :p.

Either way, honestly, if you have a PS4 it's not one to skip... It's a defining game of the PS4 era whether you like all of the characters or not. Even purely tech wise... It's the pinnacle of what the PS4 hardware can do.

My ONLY criticism would be that one or two of the "twists" are a little predictable, and the games run time feels slightly long and almost like it should have ended slightly earlier... BUT from a gamer standpoint, that's made up for by the fact that some of the best level design in the game is in the very last area.

Mystic Mock 06-01-2021 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10979661)
She's easily one of the best written characters in the game and the game is one of the best written of the generation. She's certainly nothing like Negan, other than... Well... That One Fing Wot Happens. She's the secondary protagonist - she isn't the villain, despite what the Internet will try to tell you (because of Joel bias) :p.

Either way, honestly, if you have a PS4 it's not one to skip... It's a defining game of the PS4 era whether you like all of the characters or not. Even purely tech wise... It's the pinnacle of what the PS4 hardware can do.

My ONLY criticism would be that one or two of the "twists" are a little predictable, and the games run time feels slightly long and almost like it should have ended slightly earlier... BUT from a gamer standpoint, that's made up for by the fact that some of the best level design in the game is in the very last area.

Fair enough, it's just I was worried that she was gonna get fan fiction writing so it's held me back from buying the game, even though I really loved the first game.

LukeB 10-01-2021 03:13 PM

Playing Mario 64 and the controls are so annoying :fist: but I'm still enjoying it.

James 10-01-2021 08:54 PM

I bought the Cobra Kai game off Steam for £13.99 (it cost £35 on console.)

It is actually pretty good fun, in the style of Double Dragon or Streets of Rage, with quite a lot to learning the combat.

https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/for...1&d=1610312004

Mystic Mock 13-01-2021 05:34 PM

I Am Setsuna - It's my 2nd day playing the Game and I've got to be honest I feel deeply disappointed in the Game.

Considering it gets compared heavily to Final Fantasy X, I was expecting something more epic and interesting with a more interesting set of characters than what the Game actually has imo.

I'm gonna try and give it one more day, especially as a new party member named Julienne has just turned up in the Game, but for me there's a few things that need to improve for my tastes.

1. Setsuna needs to have realistic responses to what's going on around her, they try to have her be unrealistically perfect which makes the character annoying and boring imo.

2. On a more subjective note I find the locations to be very repetitive, it's all just Snowy landscapes that all look largely similar to one another. A bit of variety in location design wouldn't have hurt the Game.

3. Aeterna is largely not really necessary to the Game after the beginning segments of the Game, her plot has just dried up completely.

4. The Battle System is generic, I can actually get around this tbf if it's still acceptable (which it is) but it's still a flaw in the Game for me, it's just a minor one.

5. As someone that loves villainy in my fiction this Game is really scarce in it's usage of it's villains. Again it's a subjective complaint but it really bugs me when fiction decides to just ignore having a Rogue Gallery.

Ndir is a strong character though, it's a shame that I can't just pluck him out of the Game and put him in a Game that's actually good.

Btw before it's fans think that I'm being really harsh, I'm not normally that picky on Video Games (I've even liked Games that have been panned by critics) and I have liked Indie Games so I'm not being a snob, but to me this Game is poorly made.

Novo 14-01-2021 05:12 PM

just completed Star Wars Fallen Order

loved Merrin, what a character

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 14-01-2021 05:14 PM

Devil may cry 5 :devil:

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 14-01-2021 05:14 PM

Nero is so sexy

Novo 14-01-2021 05:20 PM

nothing compared to My Merrin

https://64.media.tumblr.com/ee1b630d...abba5c16f.gifv

Zizu 14-01-2021 07:43 PM

Match 3
Fabulously addictive

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...fc9969cf8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 14-01-2021 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novo (Post 10984915)

Are you trying to say this person is sexier than nero?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/cf1d...temid=13706163

Mystic Mock 15-01-2021 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fetch The Bolt Cutters (Post 10985019)
Are you trying to say this person is sexier than nero?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/cf1d...temid=13706163

He looks like Billy Idol.:laugh:

I Am Setsuna has thankfully got better for me, it's never gonna be a classic for me, but the plot and the level designs have gotten more interesting which salvages the Game a bit for me.

Toy Soldier 16-01-2021 02:22 AM

I'm playing a round of Civ6 using the "proper starting places" map of Europe, as Scotland obviously.

Its weird, Britain is basically inverted (Scotland heavily built up, the South of England mostly farmland) and I've taken all of England, Portugal, Spain and France as Scotland (Dublin Ireland is an independent city but they're basically a vassal state)... However, France moved east and took all of The Netherlands, Germany and up into Scandinavia. So Scotland and France are the only major players still on the board, but France isn't in... France...

Some weird religion I've never heard from is spreading out from "France" real hard and making me nervous, though. They're way behind me in tech so I might just nuke 'em.

Mystic Mock 19-01-2021 10:12 AM

I've finished I Am Setsuna - The Game definitely gets better, I do have issues in certain areas without giving away any spoilers, but overall it does get a lot better than the really bad beginning imo.

My rankings of the characters in the party.

1. Nidr
2. Julienne - Her Story is really good actually, a surprise package considering she's the Princess character and they don't normally appeal to me.
3. Aeterna
4. Kir
5. Fides
6. Endir
7. Setsuna - Not my kinda character really. But her writing does suffer from being completely unrealistically goody-goody, and as she obviously has the main plot of the Game, she tanks the Game pretty hardcore imo.

I've also started playing Luigi's Mansion 3 which has been fantastic so far, but I love Luigi anyway.:joker:

Bollo 20-01-2021 01:36 AM

I'm not much of a gamer nowadays but my nephew got a sega megadrive mini for christmas and it took me back to my youth... It comes with 40 classic games including streets of rage, golden axe, altered beast and wonderboy... We played it on a 50 inch tv screen and it was great fun but holy pixels, the graphics are interesting....

Toy Soldier 20-01-2021 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bollo (Post 10987530)
I'm not much of a gamer nowadays but my nephew got a sega megadrive mini for christmas and it took me back to my youth... It comes with 40 classic games including streets of rage, golden axe, altered beast and wonderboy... We played it on a 50 inch tv screen and it was great fun but holy pixels, the graphics are interesting....

It's not just the screen size, the graphics of the old consoles are designed to be played on CRT screens not LCD/LED, which means they're designed around having scan lines / interlacing and look horrible without.

I honestly recommend anyone interested in classic gaming (if they have room, lol) picking up and old 4:3 CRT telly to play on, it just looks much better when played "as intended"... The old assets in the cold light of day on an HD screen... Is just not flattering :worry:.

If you play on a PC emulator or whatever there are decent "CRT simulating" post-processibf options these days. I dunno why they don't build those into the various -mini consoles, other than that maybe it takes too much processing power to be cost effective.

Bollo 21-01-2021 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10987569)
It's not just the screen size, the graphics of the old consoles are designed to be played on CRT screens not LCD/LED, which means they're designed around having scan lines / interlacing and look horrible without.

I honestly recommend anyone interested in classic gaming (if they have room, lol) picking up and old 4:3 CRT telly to play on, it just looks much better when played "as intended"... The old assets in the cold light of day on an HD screen... Is just not flattering :worry:.

If you play on a PC emulator or whatever there are decent "CRT simulating" post-processibf options these days. I dunno why they don't build those into the various -mini consoles, other than that maybe it takes too much processing power to be cost effective.

Aah that makes sense, I mean i knew the graphics were basic but i don't remember them being that bad... thanks for the tip :blush:

agar258 26-01-2021 07:18 PM

I am currently playing game right now is pokemon light platinum because this game graphics so good.

Mystic Mock 03-02-2021 07:55 PM

Final Fantasy Type-0 - I'm really loving the Game so far, to be completely honest I've never played a more Squad based RPG before so it's all kinda new to me, but the gameplay and the story is really fun and intriguing to explore imo.

Luigi's Mansion 3 and Super Mario Party have been fun out of my recent Video Game ventures (I Am Setsuna also has it's moments) but Final Fantasy Type-0 might actually be the first Game to seriously compete with Persona 5 and Chaos;Child for me.

Also the one they call Mother has a very noticeable rack.:hehe:

Nicky91 13-02-2021 01:28 PM

need some help for a game i currently am playing

Fallout New Vegas, i got Cass as my companion, ummm i had to obtain evidence from Alice McLafferty regarding the attacks on the caravans, but Alice detected me trying to pickpocket her so i had to sneakily kill her, but now NCR reputation is ''shunned'' umm can i redeem myself with NCR? also now i'm puzzling how to take on the van graffs since when entering silver rush i need to give up my weapons

Toy Soldier 23-02-2021 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10999518)
need some help for a game i currently am playing

Fallout New Vegas, i got Cass as my companion, ummm i had to obtain evidence from Alice McLafferty regarding the attacks on the caravans, but Alice detected me trying to pickpocket her so i had to sneakily kill her, but now NCR reputation is ''shunned'' umm can i redeem myself with NCR?

I mean... probably not... New Vegas is very choices/consequences based and I'm afraid when you try to steal from people and then murder them when you get caught, people might be a bit unforgiving :joker:.