ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Norwich City call police after 17-year-old fan leaks new kit pictures... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199763)

bbfan1991 19-04-2012 12:56 PM

Norwich City call police after 17-year-old fan leaks new kit pictures...

Norwich City called the police when a 17-year-old fan leaked pictures of the football club's new kit ahead of its launch.

Student Chris Brown had found the images from the club's website while it was being updated. He did not hack the site, BBC News reports.

He was phoned by the club at 4.30am yesterday (Wednesday) after posting the images on internet forums and Twitter the night before.

Norwich chief executive David McNally said: "We are the guardians of the football club while we're here and so we will protect our property.

"And our property in the digital age involves our intellectual property, so we won't allow anybody to come in and take it from us."

Season ticket holder Brown said: "I'm sorry for any offence I might have caused to the club, but I would never do anything malicious or spiteful because I do have an interest and love the football club."

In a statement, Norfolk Police said: "We can confirm we are making inquiries into a reported electronic security breach. A 17-year-old boy is assisting us with our inquiries."

Mystic Mock 19-04-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbfan1991 (Post 5088347)
Norwich City called the police when a 17-year-old fan leaked pictures of the football club's new kit ahead of its launch.

Student Chris Brown had found the images from the club's website while it was being updated. He did not hack the site, BBC News reports.

He was phoned by the club at 4.30am yesterday (Wednesday) after posting the images on internet forums and Twitter the night before.

Norwich chief executive David McNally said: "We are the guardians of the football club while we're here and so we will protect our property.

"And our property in the digital age involves our intellectual property, so we won't allow anybody to come in and take it from us."

Season ticket holder Brown said: "I'm sorry for any offence I might have caused to the club, but I would never do anything malicious or spiteful because I do have an interest and love the football club."

In a statement, Norfolk Police said: "We can confirm we are making inquiries into a reported electronic security breach. A 17-year-old boy is assisting us with our inquiries."

Well if he can beat his ex girlfriend up then he can easily do something like this.

Tom4784 19-04-2012 04:58 PM

It sounds like it was the club's fault for making the pictures available on the website ahead of time.

King Gizzard 19-04-2012 05:01 PM

**** kit anyway

Jordan. 19-04-2012 05:11 PM

They should be blaming whoever ****ed up on their website.

MTVN 19-04-2012 05:12 PM

Their fault then, anyone got pics of the kit?

GiRTh 19-04-2012 05:24 PM

Police? What crime has he comitted?

This is ludicrous, he should sue the club.

Jesus. 19-04-2012 05:24 PM

More importantly, what are the new scarves like? Always good to see what United fans will be wearing next time they don't win the league.

King Gizzard 19-04-2012 05:30 PM

Probably get a free season ticket now or something

Brother Leon 19-04-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesus.H.Christ (Post 5088967)
More importantly, what are the new scarves like? Always good to see what United fans will be wearing next time they don't win the league.

Still wear mine and will do at the ****ihad:idc: