ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Soaps (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   'EastEnders' star Jamie Foreman's contract extended until October... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200227)

bbfan1991 27-04-2012 07:58 PM

'EastEnders' star Jamie Foreman's contract extended until October...

[QUOTE]Jamie Foreman's EastEnders contract has been extended until October, it has been confirmed.

Foreman - Derek Branning in the BBC serial - today appeared in court over child support repayments for his two sons, 22-year-old Louis and 20-year-old Alfie.

While no details of the actor's salary were disclosed, it was revealed that he will stay on the Albert Square soap for another six months, reports the Daily Mail.

The 53-year-old, who was made bankrupt in 2008 before joining EastEnders last August, was handed his new contract in March.

His solicitor said: "Mr Foreman is currently under contract with the BBC, due to expire in October. If his contract is renewed Mr Foreman hopes to continue payment at the rate he is paying now.

"One would hope that all things being equal Mr Foreman's success, being as it is, he is confident he can maintain the payments being made now at a regular level, if his contract is renewed. If it is not renewed this may have to be reviewed."

Foreman has already paid off £16,000 from the original £67,000 debt, leaving £51,000 now owed to the Child Support Agency.[QUOTE]

Marsh. 27-04-2012 08:04 PM

I don't think it's right that the actual sums of his debts and child support should be reported on. It's no one's business but his.

bbfan1991 27-04-2012 08:06 PM

^ I agree, although happy he is staying on as I am liking Derek...

Brother Leon 27-04-2012 08:06 PM

BBC Should give him the full 50k to pay now. He's the star of the show right about now.

Locke. 27-04-2012 08:19 PM

Give the man a contract for life

Redway 27-04-2012 09:11 PM

Oh, no. I actually am gutted - terrible character.

waterhog 27-04-2012 10:16 PM

me to - its pathetic - any anyone drawn to this must be very young think this is how gangsters operate - he has got a good disguise hie berry - i was sure it was frank spencer.

Patrick 27-04-2012 10:26 PM

I am so ******ing over the moon with this news. The man has single handedly saved the show.

Redway 27-04-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WATERHOG (Post 5105068)
me to - its pathetic - any anyone drawn to this must be very young think this is how gangsters operate - he has got a good disguise hie berry - i was sure it was frank spencer.

Right, why are you always doing this? You were warned by a moderarator, don't you remember? How must anyone be 'very young' for liking a character? Personally, I hate Derek, and don't reckon he's a patch on Johnny or Andy, but that's my opinion. Why are you forever having a go at people who don't share your views? Anyway, off to listen to some Cee-lo Green.

waterhog 27-04-2012 11:07 PM

because my dear - viewing figures speak for itsself - EE is at its all time lowest and the complaints are rife ? not just me saying this - lots of others.

maybe because these young producers are focusing on the young more then a balanced and mixed view of the eastend ? that is why i am moaning about the the young.

everyone is entitled to there view and i respect that and love that, and i don't mean to patronise when i say they must be young ? but if you are liking EE at present it has got something to do with the current young cast ? there for i am putting 2 and 2 together and blaming them for the full in the standard?

hope that puts my views accross a bit clearer.

Redway 27-04-2012 11:35 PM

I do see your point, but again that's your opinion. That's it, really.

waterhog 28-04-2012 10:13 PM

and thats why we all use forums - and i fully respect yours.

Marc 28-04-2012 10:14 PM

omg no way

waterhog 28-04-2012 10:15 PM

and yours to marc

Marc 28-04-2012 10:20 PM

omg thanks