ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB13 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=593)
-   -   Anybody think that C5s Big Brother Is Basically The Same As TOWIE (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201515)

bb12 21-05-2012 08:19 PM

Anybody think that C5s Big Brother Is Basically The Same As TOWIE

I.e the names on screen/the graphics/the type of people they put in ??

Niamh. 21-05-2012 08:20 PM

Ew No.......hopefully there will be a better mix this year

bb12 21-05-2012 08:36 PM

Agreed ^

Niamh. 21-05-2012 08:39 PM

I didn't mind the under 30 thing last year, it was something a bit different but I wouldn't like it every year

armand.kay 21-05-2012 08:44 PM

The people last year were nothing like the cast of towie!!

Tregard 21-05-2012 08:49 PM

No, now you're being ridiculous.

AJ. 21-05-2012 08:56 PM

Erm yeah? Didn't they even officially say they're TOWIE fans & that they need to "look at the manipulation" those type of shows use?

MTVN 21-05-2012 08:59 PM

What's the point in them trying to emulate shows like Towie though, when they only get about half the ratings you'd be hoping BB would be getting

BBDodge 21-05-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 5148302)
What's the point in them trying to emulate shows like Towie though, when they only get about half the ratings you'd be hoping BB would be getting

TV executives aren't smart enough to figure that out.

karl100589 22-05-2012 11:04 AM

I think they want it to be their TOWIE, and this has been shown not only in the addition of TOWIE style graphics and the types of contestants cast in general. The big problem is though is that the audience is simply not taking to this, and are showing that by the decisions they are making as viewers. CBB8 and CBB9 both featured TOWIE contestants in Amy and Kirk, and both were heavily pushed by production in their respective roles, Amy as a lovable ditz and Kirk with his attempted showmance with Georgia, and in both cases the public rejected the characters. Amy was only 4th despite being heavily marketed and had her spinoff show flop afterwards whilst Kirk received the least votes in what was essentially an all up, vote to save.

BB12 also shows this evidence of the public's rejection of the TOWIE types, it was obvious based on what was hidden from the show that Jay and Alex, two characters which fit the TOWIE/ Geordie Shore agenda that Channel 5 had, were production favourites. And both ended up being beaten in the final by someone who was the oldest person in the house, rather geeky and awkward, and designated by production to be the show's villain, a two fingers up to the Jay and Alex type housemates pushed by C5.

Channel 5 really don't understand who watches the show, if we wanted a TOWIE show, we'd watch TOWIE. What we want is Big Brother.

Niamh. 22-05-2012 11:08 AM

Great post Karl. When you put it like that, it does seem like they're trying to Towiefy it, doesn't it? :suspect:

DrunkerThanMoses 22-05-2012 11:20 AM

Great post Karl

I suppose the producers think most fans of Towie are fans of BB as well, and like you said that is not the case. We want big brother not a towie rip off, if I wanted to watch that kind of show, I would, but I dont fearing I would lose brain cells.

daniel-lewis-1985 22-05-2012 12:52 PM

I think they tried to turn it into a more TOWIE like show but it didnt work.

The only resemblance i see in the actual show are the name tags. The new style editing with graphics and music has been the same since BB11 which aired before TOWIE.

The editing style is not a new thing, its something that Channel 4 started.

MTVN 22-05-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 (Post 5148813)
I think they tried to turn it into a more TOWIE like show but it didnt work.

The only resemblance i see in the actual show are the name tags. The new style editing with graphics and music has been the same since BB11 which aired before TOWIE.

The editing style is not a new thing, its something that Channel 4 started.

Yeah I agree about the editing, I don't think C5 Big Brother is as much of a departure from Channel 4 as people make out, not from the later years anyway

AJ. 23-05-2012 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 5148819)
Yeah I agree about the editing, I don't think C5 Big Brother is as much of a departure from Channel 4 as people make out, not from the later years anyway

Later years meaning solely BB11? Which didn't have constant nametags, sound effects, montages, OTT Marcus/Brian & did have 24/7 livefeed. C5 BB is a totally different show imo.

Marc 23-05-2012 08:58 AM

I genuinely didn't mind the name tags and stuff that's fine. But I do hope they learn from their mistakes try to mellow it down a bit

MTVN 23-05-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ. (Post 5149920)
Later years meaning solely BB11? Which didn't have constant nametags, sound effects, montages, OTT Marcus/Brian & did have 24/7 livefeed. C5 BB is a totally different show imo.

Well I didn't see BB9 and BB10 so yeah I did just mean that really :laugh: the name tags don't really bother me at all and BB11 did have some stupid editing and tasks, the Glee one comes to mind