ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB13 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=593)
-   -   Almost spat my drink out at the campness at the start (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202429)

Jack_ 05-06-2012 08:19 PM

Almost spat my drink out at the campness at the start

SERIOUSLY...those dancers. I couldn't even take it seriously. Like just :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker:

The show is being ruined before our very eyes but I still managed to find it hilarious :joker:

Jords 05-06-2012 08:20 PM

Dont worry Carroline just entered :pipe:

reece(: 05-06-2012 08:21 PM

Trying to top Dermot with his dancers, it was just laughable - especially Brian's "joke" at the end about not getting the prize money.

daniel-lewis-1985 05-06-2012 08:21 PM

I'm loving it!

They are sticking to the glam theme.

Best launch in ages.

Raph 05-06-2012 08:23 PM

Once the housemates came, it was saved again. I'm actually loving this series! :D

Marsh. 05-06-2012 08:26 PM

Yeah, channel 5 took BB and emphasised and made it all about the parts I detest and stripped away what I liked. Really don't think I'll last long watching this year.

Jordan. 05-06-2012 08:40 PM

I thought it was Brian strutting out as a showgirl at first. Nearly had heart failure.

daniel-lewis-1985 05-06-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08marsh (Post 5174663)
Yeah, channel 5 took BB and emphasised and made it all about the parts I detest and stripped away what I liked. Really don't think I'll last long watching this year.

:rolleyes:

Jack_ 05-06-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 5174860)
I thought it was Brian strutting out as a showgirl at first. Nearly had heart failure.

Same!!!! I thought he was wearing one of those outfits...my face went from :hugesmile: to :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Marsh. 05-06-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 (Post 5174866)
:rolleyes:

What? You can complain all you like but no one else can? Get lost.

Patrick 05-06-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raph (Post 5174625)
Once the housemates came, it was saved again. I'm actually loving this series! :D

No. Because then that's when it hit us once more, that we weren't getting a house tour.

I really don't know why they do this.. why they just go against everything the fans want.

Patrick 05-06-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 5174860)

THIS. :joker::joker::joker::joker:

Joe. 05-06-2012 11:35 PM

When Brian said- 'let's have a look at the house' I was hopeful he'd go and have a look but no he turned towards the screen and we got about 4 camera shots -.-

Hahahaa I so thought Brian was going to strut out as a show-girl!

Jack_ 05-06-2012 11:43 PM

Yeah, I actually thought for like a split second he was gonna start walking up the stairs for a house tour, I got partially excited and then the inevitable happened.

It's so weird how they pay so little attention to what people have suggested to improve/bring back. Honestly, if I were in charge that's the first thing I'd be doing, surely that's the kind of thing any company should be doing - listening to feedback? Bizarre.

Joe. 05-06-2012 11:45 PM

hmm- and as for the twist? One word-

Beinizir.

Patrick 06-06-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 5176318)
Yeah, I actually thought for like a split second he was gonna start walking up the stairs for a house tour, I got partially excited and then the inevitable happened.

It's so weird how they pay so little attention to what people have suggested to improve/bring back. Honestly, if I were in charge that's the first thing I'd be doing, surely that's the kind of thing any company should be doing - listening to feedback? Bizarre.

I've said it many times - they're lucky they have such a loyal fanbase, one that they're pushing away more and more by the series - who are openly opinionated, and very very vocal about what we want and don't want on our show.

And what do they do? Well it's either:

1. They are literally ignorant. Know exactly what we want, and just think it's funny now to piss us off and ignore us. And then joke about it and tease us.

2. They only care what the production team see good and funky, or what the chavs on Bit On The Side find interesting - and that's that.

3. They know they're not serving the Big Brother fans the way they should be, but they know that it does appeal to fans of shows like TOWIE and all that Geordie Shore bollocks. And that's the audience they want to please, and they're just using the Big Brother brand to hold on to a 'default audience' - I guess, as they knew we would stand by it.

But I'm sorry to say it, but in regards to Number 3 - they're 'loyal fanbase' is quickly slipping away, myself included. I really can't be arsed with this anymore.

Jack_ 06-06-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 5176570)
I've said it many times - they're lucky they have such a loyal fanbase, one that they're pushing away more and more by the series - who are openly opinionated, and very very vocal about what we want and don't want on our show.

And what do they do? Well it's either:

1. They are literally ignorant. Know exactly what we want, and just think it's funny now to piss us off and ignore us. And then joke about it and tease us.

2. They only care what the production team see good and funky, or what the chavs on Bit On The Side find interesting - and that's that.

3. They know they're not serving the Big Brother fans the way they should be, but they know that it does appeal to fans of shows like TOWIE and all that Geordie Shore bollocks. And that's the audience they want to please, and they're just using the Big Brother brand to hold on to a 'default audience' - I guess, as they knew we would stand by it.

But I'm sorry to say it, but in regards to Number 3 - they're 'loyal fanbase' is quickly slipping away, myself included. I really can't be arsed with this anymore.

I'd opt for the third one myself. Hasn't it been said somewhere (by Jeff *****ord?) that they want the show to appeal to the 'casual viewer'? I honestly don't think they're too bothered if the the hardcore fans drift away, they try to keep us happy with this petty one hour of live feed whenever they decide bollocks, but on the whole they don't really see it as a problem. It really has become just a reality soap, that's all it can be without the feed. They can create just about any storyline and narrative they want, ones that'll most likely just benefit their organisation and will enable them to use the housemates to sell their portfolio of magazines and newspapers.

Honestly it really is sad. I said it to you in the other thread but for the first time I'm questioning whether this deal with C5 was a good idea...

Marsh. 06-06-2012 12:56 AM

BB11 truly was the end of Big Brother.

This impostor we've had since last August isn't the same show.

Doogle 06-06-2012 12:57 AM

BB11's launch was just as bad as this with its tackiness, if not worse.

Jack_ 06-06-2012 01:05 AM

Oh I know, BB11 is what started all this sh*t off, C5 have just capitalised on it and made it 1000x worse.

In hindsight I wish they'd finished with BB10. That was the last great series, and last 'real' Big Brother. None of this silly editing crap. Admittedly there wasn't complete live feed but still...

Marsh. 06-06-2012 01:10 AM

Definitely the show wasn't perfect on channel 4 by the end but it still felt like the same show. For me personally it's almost like channel 5 took everything I loved about the show and through it in the bin and focused on everything that drives me crazy. lol

Kizzy 06-06-2012 01:12 AM

Its great..... and rememeber that BB is having to compete against a lot of extra channels for viewers since the digital switch...
LF even for a short while whould be brill....

Marsh. 06-06-2012 01:13 AM

Even when channel 4 axed live feed, they had it playing through the night on e4. What even plays on 5* through the night?

Patrick 06-06-2012 01:14 AM

The last real Big Brother was BB9. [God it really must seem like I arselick that series] - but it was.

Because it had the Live Feed, and pretty much most people adored that series - however, ending on BB9 would not of been a high...

I see the point though, if we had of ended with BB10 - that was when the show begun to change for the worst though [production wise].
I mean, remember their tagline from just before that Summer? 'Expect the Unexpected..' :laugh: But yeah, in comparison to what bollocks we're given now, BB10's production was nowhere near as bad.

Marsh. 06-06-2012 01:18 AM

Yeah, it's got to the point we're we've seen it all really. Nothing is surprising, nothing is shocking, Big Brother has done everything it possibly could. They're just flogging a dead horse now. Or more appropriately burning the burst blow-up doll