ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB13 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=593)
-   -   Shievonne: Root canal? Or blaring omissions in general... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206736)

Indy 14-07-2012 10:09 AM

Root canal? Or blaring omissions in general...

Loath as I am to lend credence to anything that slithers out of Arron's mouth, I was a bit intrigued by his mention of Shiv having a root canal while on the show. Assuming that's true, it's something that would've been going on longer than just the past week for him to know about it. It's also something pretty significant in determining whether someone's behavior is appropriate. What interested me more is while Arron brought it up, she never mentioned it herself.

If this actually did happen, and it's not some desperate grab at attention/controversy by Arron, shouldn't BB disclose it, even if it's just a voice over in passing? Especially if she was on painkillers that altered her in a way that she wouldn't normally behave?

Then there's the whole issue of Graham being called in for her. In either situation (or any similar one for any other HM), shouldn't they be obligated to mention it if it has the potential to alter the behavior of someone people are paying money to vote for?

Gizmo 14-07-2012 10:35 AM

People might have been more sympathetic towards her if they knew she was having root canal treatment. I don't know whether BB should disclose it though I think it's up to the HM.

exoticrosebud 14-07-2012 10:49 AM

load of rubbish....ive been on pain killers for years and its never changed my personality! she was what she was,

dyfed 14-07-2012 11:01 AM

If she did have a root canal? it didn't stop her from using her mouth...or slow her down.

karezza 14-07-2012 11:06 AM

The public should be informed if a housemate receives any behaviour-changing medical treatment.

Yayita 14-07-2012 11:15 AM

I think the public should know, it makes me feel like they hide so much from the audience and this is why they dont want live feed, in order to control information without being contested by the audience. On the other hand, Ive had 3 root canals and I never became aggressive and bitchy while on painkillers. This doesnt excuse her behavior, she was being herself.

Angus 14-07-2012 12:44 PM

IF she had root canal treatment, the last thing she'd be doing is flapping her gums.

Kizzy 14-07-2012 12:49 PM

Im having root canal treatment at the mo.....and Im not a raving loon (honestly)

armand.kay 14-07-2012 01:01 PM

-Googles 'Root canal'-

JTM45 14-07-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armand.kay (Post 5302653)
-Googles 'Root canal'-

I think it's another bloody imported Americanism! (pet-hate, grrrrrr!!!!)
We used to just call them fillings over here. Yes, it is a filling that goes down into the root of the tooth but it's a filling none the less.

Kizzy 14-07-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTM45 (Post 5302664)
I think it's another bloody imported Americanism! (pet-hate, grrrrrr!!!!)
We used to just call them fillings over here. Yes, it is a filling that goes down into the root of the tooth but it's a filling none the less.

Its worse than a filling believe me...my treatment has been split up into 3 1hr appointments :bawling:

JTM45 14-07-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kizzy (Post 5302665)
Its worse than a filling believe me...my treatment has been split up into 3 1hr appointments :bawling:

I was just using the comparison to have a cheap dig at Americans :hugesmile:

Sorry to hear about the nasty dentistry!
I had an Abscess in my tooth when i was a kid and it was bloody horrendous :bawling:

WCR1942 14-07-2012 01:19 PM

I have no idea, and nor do any of you, what the truth is.
What I do know is that I would not rely on Arron to supply any serious information about anything.

Yayita 14-07-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTM45 (Post 5302674)
I was just using the comparison to have a cheap dig at Americans :hugesmile:

Sorry to hear about the nasty dentistry!
I had an Abscess in my tooth when i was a kid and it was bloody horrendous :bawling:

Hey now! Dont dig at us :cat:

Root canals are no joke, its painfull and annoying.

Gizmo 14-07-2012 01:23 PM

I had canal treatment and it was really horrible. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.