ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB13 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=593)
-   -   Unfair Big Brother (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209375)

rsefitpro2011 08-08-2012 07:14 AM

Unfair Big Brother

I wanted to post a thread on the latest goings on in The Big Brother house, most notably that twist which saw Conor leave the house £50,000 richer.

The fact that Conor took the money doesnt bother me as anyone of us would have done the same!

However I find it dissapointing that Big Brother even allowed for this twist to take place, bearing in mind Conor should have been thrown out earlier in the show!

How can they keep him in after what he said about Deana, and after his behaviour and then go on to reward him!, I find it sooo wrong.

Deana the one who was given a hard time in the house could now leave the BB house with nothing, and for me thats unfair. Shes losing votes!

The shows suffering in viewing figures and perhaps now I can see why, BB has changed from what it used to be. Last year Aaron won and got boos in the final?. Jay came 2nd who was probably one of the worst housemates in their, and got cheers, it just seems unfair!

This year Conor leaves the BB house and despite all the things he did wrong he gets cheers and treated like the winner!

I am not sure what the rest of you think?, i would be interested to see your views and opinions!. Has the show gone down hill? have they totally lost the plot?

smeagol 08-08-2012 07:22 AM

its a total joke a thug gets 50k and a week of. the other bully gets a free pass.
and deana isnt even allowed to wind the nob up withoout getting grief from the public.
no wonder she isn't holding back the show is a farce now.
conor has already won the show. they are all playing for 2nd place.

whether i watch the next normal one is debatable. as bb have been terrable the way they have run this bb. from their failure to deal with the the conor incident the countless bullying warnings. the silly punishments. the biased editing. the sudden no facebook voting. the obvious twist to make conor win n go.
long list unlike most i never usally have complaints about the other shows

realitytvsux 08-08-2012 07:39 AM

I totally agree with both of you. It's disgraceful that the thug Conor has left with £50k. I tend to sky away from conspiracy theories in general but in this instance it does seem as if Channel 5 have made it as easy as possible for this vile man to walk away with half the prize money - disgraceful.

I am not sure what Channel 5's strategy for the programme is - but as you say it does not appear to be working, maybe they should try bringing it up a notch or two rather than sinking to the lowest level possible. It's almost as if they are condoning Conor's vile behaviour.

And now we wait for the 'I hate Deana' brigade....I think I hear their train pulling into the station!

Vanessa 08-08-2012 08:14 AM

He won it fair and square and i'm glad he did. One of the best hosuemates this year! :)

thesheriff443 08-08-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 5384381)
He won it fair and square and i'm glad he did. One of the best hosuemates this year! :)

i see your on the wind up vanessa,you have been reading too many of chuffs posts!.lol
bigbrother makes the rules not the viewer so no matter how much you disagree with them it dont mean jack.

Jimrod 08-08-2012 08:19 AM

It's Jamie - the sad, single, gay producer. He has his obvious favourites (buff blokes) and tries to steer things so they get the most out of the show.

Vanessa 08-08-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 5384387)
i see your on the wind up vanessa,you have been reading too many of chuffs posts!.lol
bigbrother makes the rules not the viewer so no matter how much you disagree with them it dont mean jack.

I'm not on the wind up. Just telling my opinion. How was the twist unfair? Luke S, Scott and Sara were also invited to go to the white room. :shrug:

Gillian-73 08-08-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 5384396)
I'm not on the wind up. Just telling my opinion. How was the twist unfair? Luke S, Scott and Sara were also invited to go to the white room. :shrug:

Maybe because if bb had kept it to the least nominated of the series and hadn't changed it to least nominated that week, Conor wouldn't even have been in the running. The only real fair way would have been to put them all in the white room.

Vanessa 08-08-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gillian-73 (Post 5384465)
Maybe because if bb had kept it to the least nominated of the series and hadn't changed it to least nominated that week, Conor wouldn't even have been in the running. The only real fair way would have been to put them all in the white room.

It was a twist. I thought it was great! Very exciting! :hugesmile:

joeysteele 08-08-2012 09:15 AM

I am with Vanessa on this one again, if Deana walks out with nothing it will be because, despite everything and it being near claimed she is a Saint who has done nothing wrong ever, that the public saw through her finally and refused to allow her to manipulate people further for her own ends.

Conor got from BB a result of a twist he won as others have had in the past on BB too.
As for Deana leaving with nothing, well that couldn't happen to a more deserving housemate for it to happen to and I hope it does.

Jake. 08-08-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 5384396)

It was unfair because that nasty thug should never have had the opportunity to win 50K of the prize fund in the first place. Simples.

Vanessa 08-08-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JH95 (Post 5384479)
It was unfair because that nasty thug should never have had the opportunity to win 50K of the prize fund in the first place. Simples.

That's your opinion and i respect that. But i don't agree.

Gillian-73 08-08-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 5384467)
It was a twist. I thought it was great! Very exciting! :hugesmile:

You're missing the point, again. I did enjoy the bit were they decieded who'd get the money but that isn't the point lol :)

Vanessa 08-08-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gillian-73 (Post 5384490)
You're missing the point, again. I did enjoy the bit were they decieded who'd get the money but that isn't the point lol :)

I just don't think it was unfair.

smeagol 08-08-2012 09:33 AM

yet again people are blinded by there irrational hate and not seeing the real picture.
the fact is all of the house mates should of been in the white room. it was a total set up and farce and not t mention extremely boring.
sara wanted to leave 10 mins later suddeny they came up with someone has to leave but they can decide amongst themselves. total utter bull. they knew damn well sara and scott had no chance.
they never intrended for anyone else to go in there but those two. thats why we got no details they made up as it went along.
whoever runs bb should be sacked

Gillian-73 08-08-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 5384501)
I just don't think it was unfair.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree :)

rusticgal 08-08-2012 11:09 AM

I dont know why people are saying Conor is the 'REAL'winner.... so he grabbed 50k of the prize money. It was unfair that they gave him the opportunity to take as much as the 'TRUE' winner will take.
It was an opportunity many of us would have taken....he was ultimately given the opportunity to 'steal' from the prize fund. He was disliked by so many viewers...such an ugly dislikable person.
50k will soften the blow...but the money will be gone in a flash but people will only ever see him as the nasty piece of work he is for many years to come.

He is not a WINNER... he is just a 'lucky' piece of filth!!!

Donovan. 08-08-2012 03:19 PM

Yes Conor won the money fair and square, but I don't think that's the issue. Of course some people think that he shouldn't have won the money, just like some are over the moon with the results. I think the issue is how much of the prize fund was offered, and I agree that half was too much.

Marcus. 08-08-2012 03:26 PM

i would not as i said before i would put my hand up and walk away from the button

kefln 08-08-2012 03:26 PM

What is the real prize for winning BB? That is what this comes down to.

Is it the money or the fact that you have been voted the winner?

Conor did what most people would, he took the cash. Should he have been given the chance? No.

Not because he was a pig. But because it was 50% of the prize money.

There should be something extra in it for the winner. The person who has been voted by us, the audience, to win. That is the whole point of the show.

We, the fans, have been cheated of the chance to reward the character of our choice. And that’s my problem with what happened.

rocket 08-08-2012 03:37 PM

People amaze me when they think that what Conor said was ok..i am struggling to think what sort of person would be ok with that. He has been the most vile, foul mouthed excuse for a human being ever to be in the BB house...
BB have so much to answer for ,,,they have changed the rules consistantly to keep this thug in the house and then change them again to make sure he wins 50k...He should have been thrown out weeks ago with sweet FA.!!!

WCR1942 08-08-2012 03:48 PM

It is difficult to argue with you rocket.
What disconcerns me most is to read comments from so many women defending (or at least down-playing) Conor's behaviour. Such are the men who commit all the dreadful examples of domestic violence. His actions were filmed and on national TV, just imagine what he is like behind closed doors.
Apart from his threats to Deana he utterly brow-beat Scott and Becky when he supposedly apologised to them in his quest to avoid further nominations.

realitytvsux 08-08-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WCR1942 (Post 5385439)
It is difficult to argue with you rocket.
What disconcerns me most is to read comments from so many women defending (or at least down-playing) Conor's behaviour. Such are the men who commit all the dreadful examples of domestic violence. His actions were filmed and on national TV, just imagine what he is like behind closed doors.
Apart from his threats to Deana he utterly brow-beat Scott and Becky when he supposedly apologised to them in his quest to avoid further nominations.

Well said.

fitz2k2 08-08-2012 04:00 PM

sack producer n that task girl

susie q 08-08-2012 08:10 PM

some possible good news on the thug Conors 50k. neighbours son has just come back from visiting relatives in the area of Birmingham where Deanas family live. Apparently they are hard working, popular people, and are considering taking legal action against
Conor, and no its not about money according to those that know them. They just found it very distressing having to listen to that vile man, plus his family on twitter etc, supporters making excuses for his behaviour on forums havent helped. Can identify with them I would feel the same if it had been done to a member of my family. Wonder if thats why his girlfriend has suddenly gone quiet. He really is hated in that area.
Fingers crossd that the vile Conor may need some of that money to pay legal fees.
Luke A or Deana to win