ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB13 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=593)
-   -   Luke S: What a selfish person... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209733)

rusticgal 11-08-2012 11:52 PM

What a selfish person...

Not that I like Ashleigh but Luke S let his 'girlfriend' sacrifice some grooming when she was up for eviction to enable himself to be pampered....He really put up a fight didnt he....no wonder Ashleigh was upset....it wasnt so much the fear factor it was more that she had done that for him when morally she knew he should have done that for her.

coolface 12-08-2012 12:18 AM

lol he is a bit of a dick but why should he have to give up the haircut he really wanted just because he's a male, we know he is in to his grooming and cares about that stuff and ashleigh seemed happy enough to let him go instead of her I don't see the big deal, sounds quite sexist to me

rusticgal 12-08-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolface (Post 5396840)
lol he is a bit of a dick but why should he have to give up the haircut he really wanted just because he's a male, sounds quite sexist to me

Any decent man would put his woman first....especially for a makeover of some sort. Its called 'gallentry'....
Its like giving your seat up for an elderly person or a pregnant woman...its the decent thing to do.....Luke A is one selfish bastard.

rayheartbliss 12-08-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolface (Post 5396840)
lol he is a bit of a dick but why should he have to give up the haircut he really wanted just because he's a male, we know he is in to his grooming and cares about that stuff and ashleigh seemed happy enough to let him go instead of her I don't see the big deal, sounds quite sexist to me

this.

Locke. 12-08-2012 12:31 AM

He did shout his name out first, Ashleigh should have just left him to it if she was so bothered.

Colbert-Bump 12-08-2012 12:36 AM

Is this the same Luke who has cooked & cleaned for her all series like a bloody wife?

rusticgal 12-08-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke. (Post 5396859)
He did shout his name out first, Ashleigh should have just left him to it if she was so bothered.

He was so gallant....he put up a fight!!! :joker:

optimisticcynic 12-08-2012 12:40 AM

Good on him. Why waste a makeover on Ashleigh?! Everyone knows you can't polish a turd!

coolface 12-08-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 5396852)
Any decent man would put his woman first....especially for a makeover of some sort. Its called 'gallentry'....
Its like giving your seat up for an elderly person or a pregnant woman...its the decent thing to do.....Luke A is one selfish bastard.

let me guess you also believe a man should always pay for a woman on a date right

rayheartbliss 12-08-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolface (Post 5396899)
do you also believe a man should always pay for a woman on a date

in fairyland sure

JamesBond 12-08-2012 12:58 AM

I don't like Ashleigh but I agree he should have let her get the haircut. If he really liked her then he would have insisted that she get it and been happy to be able to make it happen.

On the flip side he has done a lot of nice things for her already throughout the series.

AshesonMars 12-08-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colbert-Bump (Post 5396868)
Is this the same Luke who has cooked & cleaned for her all series like a bloody wife?

Why should it always be the woman who cooks, cleans and weighs on their boyfriends/husbands?

I'm not saying how Ashleigh treated Luke S was right, but that is how a lot of men often treat their girlfriends/wives. Which none of you would be bothered about. Funny how when it's the other way around, for a change, you moan about it?

A healthy relationship is based on 'give and take', where both parties involved in the relationship work together, where no one is subjugated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolface
lol he is a bit of a dick but why should he have to give up the haircut he really wanted just because he's a male

It has nothing to do with him being male, it was because he wasn't up for eviction and she was. Had it been the other way around and Luke S was up for eviction and she wasn't but took the pampering, you lot would all be slagging her off for it.

A lot of sexist hypocrites on this forum. So nothing new then.

rayheartbliss 12-08-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshesonMars (Post 5396910)
Why should it always be the woman who cooks, cleans and weighs on their boyfriends/husbands?

I'm not saying how Ashleigh treated Luke S was right, but that is how a lot of men often treat their girlfriends/wives. Which none of you would be bothered about. Funny how when it's the other way around, for a change, you moan about it?

A healthy relationship is based on 'give and take', where both parties involved in the relationship work together, where no one is subjugated.

It has nothing to do with him being male, it was because he wasn't up for eviction and she was. Had it been the other way around and Luke S was up for eviction and she wasn't but took the pampering, you lot would all be slagging her off for it.

A lot of sexist hypocrites on this forum. So nothing new then.

i think its safe to say that throughout the series luke S has only given, and ashliegh has only taken. :spin:

jyunga 12-08-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

It has nothing to do with him being male, it was because he wasn't up for eviction and she was.

Especially since the remaining 5 will get pampered before the finale to look good.

nakamura 12-08-2012 01:40 AM

Am I the only one who thought the female clown was kinda hot?

coolface 12-08-2012 01:45 AM

Quote:

that is fair enough, although I really don't think ashleigh was that bothered about getting the "pampering" prize

Colbert-Bump 12-08-2012 01:50 AM

Quote:

I agree with you, I made the bloody 'housewife' comment because that's what Ashleigh called Luke at times during the series.

DanielLuis 12-08-2012 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by optimisticcynic (Post 5396874)
Good on him. Why waste a makeover on Ashleigh?! Everyone knows you can't polish a turd!

I mean, I dont think Ashleigh is very beautiful, but that's a bit to mean.

Patrick 12-08-2012 02:30 AM

Who cares?

He likes to look his best, fair play.
No amount of pampering in the world could make that ridiculous scrotum of a girlfriend of his, look attractive in the slightest way.

smeagol 12-08-2012 06:42 AM

he makes it very hard to like him. just a complete tosser. what sort of guy does that huh! what sort of woman lets him
she's a weirdo anyway she loves been peed on so craped on by him is no different.

crocs 12-08-2012 09:12 AM

I thought it was alright for Ashleigh to learn something new, that is not putting herself first, so in that respect it was ok. However, Ashleigh seemed to do it to be able rub Deana's face in it. And I think when a girl has long hair, it doesn't matter if it's too long but in a guy's hair, it does matter. Still, Luke knew his was in the final and they would get everything done for the final, so he could have waited a day or two.

These things have so many sides to them and each one is as important as the other.

Apple202 12-08-2012 09:45 AM

I agree with everyone saying that because he's a man it doesn't mean he should take all the falls. I thought women wanted equality?:conf:

Ellen 12-08-2012 10:05 AM

Luke S has done a lot for Ashleigh in the house so why shouldnt he have a treat, he said when he came out of the white room he felt scruffy & couldnt wait to get his hair done but because he didnt let her get pampered he's selfish? When has she ever put him 1st? He's the one who has pampered to her whims the whole time so why not.

billy123 12-08-2012 10:18 AM

The first thought in his head as her name was read out on friday was:

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws....eb225bc5bc.gif

Razor 12-08-2012 12:12 PM

They are both as bad as each other.