ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   True Detective [Season 3 Casting News] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214334)

Locke. 23-10-2012 03:50 AM

True Detective [Season 3, Starring Mahershala Ali]

In a competitive situation, True Detective, an eight-part event drama series project starring Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson, has landed at HBO with a straight-to-series order. I hear the pay cable network is finalizing a deal for an eight-episode order to the high-concept cop drama written on spec by Nic Pizzolatto, with Cary Fukunaga (Jane Eyre) on board to direct all episodes.

True Detective, which sparked heated bidding after it was taken out to the top cable networks earlier this month, is descried as an elevated serial narrative with multiple perspectives and time frames. It centers on two detectives, Rust Cohle (McConaughey) and Martin Hart (Harrelson), whose lives collide and entwine during a seventeen-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana. The investigation of a bizarre murder in 1995 is framed and interlaced with testimony from the detectives in 2012, when the case has been reopened. The concept is for the 8-episode first season to resolve the mystery at hand, with subsequent seasons using same structure but new characters and story. True Detective is gearing up to start production right away. It is ready to do so with director and stars already on board as well as two written episodes and a bible, which were part of the project’s pitch.

— On True Detective (upcoming drama series) : "It's very much a character piece. The strength of the writing is that in a familiar drama it blew my socks off. The show is set up as an anthology. This 1st season narrative ends after these episodes conclude, we haven't had talk about what a 2nd season would be".

That article is from April. Still no air date yet but this is pretty much guaranteed to be a hit on a channel like HBO with a cast like that.

Shaun 23-10-2012 03:53 AM

matthew ew... woody :amazed:

SharkAttack 23-10-2012 04:32 AM

Should be quite good. Not a MM fan though. The last thing i saw him in was Killer Joe. I will never see chicken in the same way again. :barf:

Locke. 09-09-2013 09:35 PM

This starts airing in January. Trailer premiered last night:

GypsyGoth 09-09-2013 10:26 PM

I always thought those two should play brothers in a movie, they seem kinda similar to me. I'll definitely check this out.

Roy Mars III 23-01-2014 03:44 PM

This is an amazing show. Only two episodes in so far but already classic (has a 9.4 on imdb.)

Plus I the concept of having different actors for each season. Keeps it fresh

Mystic Mock 25-01-2014 07:37 PM

It looks really good, I'm waiting for more episodes to air first before giving it ago.

And please tell me it's not being treated like a Comedy like most Cop shows are nowadays?

Roy Mars III 01-02-2014 07:16 PM

really can't recommend this enough, more people be watching. Only 3 episodes in so far, I think it is on break for a week or two. Best new show on right now. Matthew Mcconaughey is a god.

Roy Mars III 01-02-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mockinator (Post 6661341)
It looks really good, I'm waiting for more episodes to air first before giving it ago.

And please tell me it's not being treated like a Comedy like most Cop shows are nowadays?

no worryabout that my man

Slevin 01-02-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharkAttack (Post 5560750)
Should be quite good. Not a MM fan though. The last thing i saw him in was Killer Joe. I will never see chicken in the same way again. :barf:

lol i saw that movie last year and yea that scene with the chicken was some really disturbing ****.

i really like this show. great stuff. when i first heard about it late last year i couldnt wait and it hasnt disappointed imo. since this is an anthology series i hope the top leads are still big name actors like these two. if not hopefully its still a good show. always been a Woody Harrelson fan. comedy (underrated Kingpin) or dramas hes great. i think Matthew McConaughey gets too much **** sometimes. especially with those rom-coms or whatever other types but i always thought he was good in stuff like this i think he shines the most. i think hes at his best in serious dramas. although i did like his character in Dazed and Confused.

Shaun 01-02-2014 08:16 PM

*shall download*

Mystic Mock 01-02-2014 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Mars III (Post 6682781)
no worryabout that my man

Thank god for that, I'm really fed up of The Mentalist type shows being the only ones on air at the minute.

King Gizzard 16-02-2014 10:19 PM

Starts here next Saturday on Sky Atlantic, may as well give it a go

Don't think I can take Woody Harrelson seriously though let alone a Woody Harrelson with hair

Roy Mars III 17-02-2014 08:54 PM

If the last couple episodes keep it up this season is possibly the greatest season of any tv show ever. Simply amazing

Roy Mars III 17-02-2014 08:55 PM

7 min one single camera scene. amazing

Slevin 17-02-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 6714890)
Starts here next Saturday on Sky Atlantic, may as well give it a go

Don't think I can take Woody Harrelson seriously though let alone a Woody Harrelson with hair

i think hes good/great at comedic and serious roles

Marc 17-02-2014 09:23 PM

Matthew is doing well recently

Slevin 17-02-2014 09:44 PM

yep. his last 2-3 years have been solid. hes had some stuff before as well but this latest stretch is going great.

Shaun 17-02-2014 09:45 PM

he was brilliant in DBC... haven't got around to starting this yet but I've downloaded the first 5 episodes :spin2:

King Gizzard 18-02-2014 12:53 PM

Anyone gonna watch UK pace?

Niamh. 20-02-2014 01:07 PM

2 episodes in and loving it so far, both Matthew and Woody are brilliant

arista 20-02-2014 01:10 PM

It starts on SkyAtlanticHD soon

Locke you could put SkyAtlantic
on the heading

Josy 22-02-2014 03:26 PM

This starts tonight, anyone watching it?

Lee. 22-02-2014 03:28 PM

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it josy.. Everybody who's seen it says it's amazing! :)

arista 22-02-2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 6726598)
This starts tonight, anyone watching it?

Yes
its got Top Reviews its like a Movie.
9PM SkyAtlanticHD tonight
Episode 1