ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Playstation 4 Thread (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219197)

Iceman 14-01-2013 05:46 PM

Playstation 4 Thread

Quote:

While most of us expect Sony to reveal the PlayStation 4 at one of the big game expos this year, they've been keeping mum on any 'official' news about a release.

That may have just changed. Theses assumptions and expectations may have just gotten a serious dose of creedence, if Sony Home Entertainment VP Hiroshi Sakamoto has anything to do with it.

In an interview with Chilean news outlet El Mercurio Online, Sakamoto was asked about the new system, and whether we’d be hearing an announcement in the coming months.

“It’s still a big secret, but our Sony PlayStation friends are getting ready. I only can say that we’re focused on the games related E3 event, booked for June. The announcement can take place there or even before, in May.”

Awesome. We know that the PS3 is being herded out to greener pastures this year, and an early reveal for a new system in the first half of 2013 would be huge for Sony.
NOTE: Not Real Image

http://cdnl.complex.com/mp/620/400/8...e402343517.jpg

So that being said, when the PS4 comes out will you buy straight away or can you wait a few years?

Marcus. 14-01-2013 05:47 PM

wait a few years

Ramsay 14-01-2013 05:48 PM

I dont really want the new generation of consoles yet, i still think the 360, and the PS3 especially have another good few years in them..but yeah i'll wait a while because consoles always cost so much when they first come out and they are really buggy

King Gizzard 14-01-2013 05:48 PM

It's annoying that the new consoles will be pretty much out at the end of the year, just when my xbox broke, so I don't know whether it's worth getting another Xbox or not

Black Dagger 14-01-2013 05:50 PM

I hope it isn't out at the end of the year.

The thought of only getting about a year and a bit use of my PS3 (getting it on Friday) :bored: will annoy me, I'd personally wait until 2015 to release.

Shaun 14-01-2013 05:51 PM

that design is fugly.

Iceman 14-01-2013 05:52 PM

I think we'll have them out for definite by the end of the year.

Another report suggests that Sony and Xbox will have Apple style press conferences in March but i cant see that happening.

Doogle 14-01-2013 05:52 PM

It'll probably have been 8 years since the PS3 when this goes on sale but I still think it's too soon. The current consoles are far superior (obviously) to their predecessors and can last longer without needing a new generation. It's only the Wii that was obviously lagging behind.

I'm excited to see what's in store but my PS3 is fine until at least 2016 I reckon. PS4 needs to be better than PS3 has been though.

Jordan. 14-01-2013 05:58 PM

I'm not ready to leave my PS3 :sad: I'll probably wait a while with this next one and get the 'slim' version they're bound to bring out.

Samuel. 14-01-2013 06:00 PM

No way too soon. 8 year old hardware, it's time to update.

A new generation brings a long a lot of new IPs too, which is desperately needed.

Black Dagger 14-01-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 5759845)
I'm not ready to leave my PS3 :sad: I'll probably wait a while with this next one and get the 'slim' version they're bound to bring out.

Yeah same, I probably won't get the major 2013 PS3 titles, until like Christmas and then just play them for a bit until I want a PS4.

The first year of new consoles are usually slow for me anyway, when we first got the Xbox 360 when it was released we only wanted Saint's Row.

Samuel. 14-01-2013 06:04 PM

No point buying a new console around its release. The price normally drops after a year or so, when there will actually be a decent collection of games to play on it.

Saying that, I'll still probably end up getting the PS4 around release :p Desperate for next gen.

King Gizzard 14-01-2013 06:16 PM

Think I just need to get a cheap arcade xbox from somewhere, Don't like the idea of buying a 2nd hand one cause it could be days away from RROD

Stu 14-01-2013 07:09 PM

Add me to the list of people who are still comfortable with this generation. I'll wait till the traditional second hot year and pick one up then.

Raph 14-01-2013 07:10 PM

I always wait like a couple of months to see what the general reaction is, but if it was possible yeh i'd probably buy it

Tom4784 14-01-2013 09:04 PM

They'll reveal it this year but they'd be foolish to release it so soon. A new console will overshadow and weaken the hype for some of the big PS3 exclusives this year.

Doogle 14-01-2013 09:14 PM

This is Sony though so they might

Brother Leon 14-01-2013 09:15 PM

Pre Order and buy if it's decent amount. If not I'll buy as soon as a game I like is only out on the new gen like I done with GTA IV & the PS3.

Iceman 17-01-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

PlayStation 4 will be 50% more powerful than the next Xbox, a report has suggested.

Speaking with developers who attended tech conference CES, VG247 said that Sony's next console will be "significantly more powerful" than the next Xbox.

The PS4 - codenamed Orbis - has a run-capability of 1.84 teraflops, while the next Xbox - codenamed Durango - will have 1.23 teraflops, a difference of around half.

However, the new Xbox is said to have more RAM, with 8GB available in total, 3GB of which is dedicated to the operating system, apps and security and the rest for games.

The PS4, meanwhile, has 4GB, 1GB of which is reserved for the operating system.

In terms of graphical power, the new Xbox is said to be based on a Radeon HD 8770 GPU, while the PS4 will be based on AMD's A10 APU (accelerated processing unit) as well as a second smaller graphics chip.

Both consoles will also support Blu-ray discs with a capacity of 100GB.

Finally, the report suggested that media outlets are in possession of documents related to the new Xbox from CES and will leak them in the coming weeks.
NEWZ

c

Black Dagger 17-01-2013 09:08 PM

Just no news on a 2013 release and I will be happy xo.

Iceman 17-01-2013 09:12 PM

November 28th :wink:

Black Dagger 17-01-2013 09:14 PM

Urgh, how annoying if that is true.

Meh, -plays PS3 until 2014 anyway-

Jamie585 17-01-2013 09:17 PM

Oww I don't want to spend more money! The PS3 can hold out for a few more years!

Iceman 17-01-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Dagger (Post 5770992)
Urgh, how annoying if that is true.

Meh, -plays PS3 until 2014 anyway-

I dont mind paying the money actually, me and my friends were talking about it, its not that much money for the usage you get out of it....

Iceman 18-01-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

PlayStation 4 will ditch the DualShock controller design, according to a report.

Sony will instead introduce a controller with all-new features, a senior games studio source has told CVG.

Extensive research has been placed into introducing biometric sensors on the grips, as well as the addition of an LCD touch screen.

A second source has said that engineers are "trying to emulate the same user interface philosophies as the PS Vita", backing up claims of introducing touch controls.

Existing DualShock controllers are likely to be compatible with the system as secondary controllers, similar to how Wii remotes can be used with the Wii U.

Further backing up these claims, in 2007 Sony settled with tech company Immersion over a patent infringement suit over its rumble technology.

The licence agreement is set to expire in 2017, and while Immersion has given Sony the option to expand it to future consoles, the complexity of the arrangement may lead to new ideas and designs for the controller.

The report concluded that the PlayStation 4 - which is codenamed Orbis - will be revealed in weeks and not months, collaborating with rumours of a March announcement.

The PlayStation 3 was set to introduce a new controller, which was shortly dropped in favour of the iconic DualShock design after a backlash from fans.

The latest rumours have suggested the PS4 will be 50% more powerful than Microsoft's next console.

Meanwhile, the latest on the new Xbox is that Skype will be at the core of the system, replacing Xbox Live's voice and video chat services.

Both consoles are expected to be announced in March for a late 2013 release.

The PS4 is believed to be capable of displaying games in 4K resolution, to support Blu-ray and to ship at an "affordable" price.

Sony and Microsoft are yet to officially confirm any specific details of their future consoles.

Oh god NO, do not want.