ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB14 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=620)
-   -   Bosses looking for a Senior Producer to work on Big Brother... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224088)

zakman440 26-04-2013 05:14 PM

Bosses looking for a Senior Producer to work on Big Brother...

http://www.theunitlist.com/jobs/1444...er-south-east/

Whoever get's the job start's on the 20th May, are we looking at a launch date the same as last years?

Roy Mars III 26-04-2013 05:16 PM

Josy can finally get a real job

Omah 26-04-2013 05:23 PM

Bosses looking for a Senior Producer to work on Big Brother...

Count me out - I've got a knitting project that's too far advanced to abandon ..... :bored:

Jake. 26-04-2013 05:26 PM

Jeff Ford might apply

Headie 26-04-2013 05:29 PM

I thought for a second we'd got rid of Jamie Sutcliffe... :(

Patrick 26-04-2013 06:29 PM

Is this good or bad? Why haven't we got rid of the fat little gay man yet?

zakman440 26-04-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB123 (Post 5953939)
I thought for a second we'd got rid of Jamie Sutcliffe... :(

I know. Why he is allowed to work there I have no clue. A two year old would probably have better production values than him.

JohnnyBB 26-04-2013 06:31 PM

big brother hasent got a producer hmmm :| im really really not very optimistic about the show being good now.

Patrick 26-04-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zakman440 (Post 5953985)
I know. Why he is allowed to work there I have no clue. A two year old would probably have better production values than him.

He uses his role as the building foundations to get himself a man.

Who could forget the cringey '#FindLove4Jamie' episode of BOTS. ****ing hell. I despise this show sometimes I really do.

Marcus. 26-04-2013 06:34 PM

i thought he went

Matt 26-04-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zakman440 (Post 5953924)
http://www.theunitlist.com/jobs/1444...er-south-east/

Whoever get's the job start's on the 20th May, are we looking at a launch date the same as last years?

Channel 5 has already confirmed an early June launch

lukee 26-04-2013 09:22 PM

the will begin in may for pre production based in sheperds bush end of june start

DigitalSid 26-04-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 5954180)
Channel 5 has already confirmed an early June launch

Though slightly later in June than last year I'm assuming, what with the BGT live finals during the usual launch week.

Marcus. 26-04-2013 10:31 PM

let hope he dose good

iRyan 27-04-2013 02:43 AM

That could be a good opportunity for someone who is actually a fan of the show to get the job.

sampvt 27-04-2013 11:37 AM

Lets hope they choose someone that possesses these 3 qualities.

1. They have actually gone through puberty.
2. They are not fame hungry and don't need to be on the tv during the show.
3. They have an IQ slightly higher than Wayne Rooney.

All tall order you might say but who knows.

Cherie 27-04-2013 01:11 PM

Give the job to Emma, I'm sure she could shoehorn it in somewhere in her day.:D:

sampvt 27-04-2013 01:39 PM

The assemblence of the same old faces on the panel of dicks known as the ''audience'' was once again manipulated by the prods and sadly at times Emma was ruled by their idiotic actions and statements. They reminded me of a group of wannabees that were pre prepared for the show ahead and semi scripted to allow the prods to follow a theme or particular vein that the prods wanted airing. Emma at times found it hard to control them and I am sure Rylan will struggle on that score.

The production team are all that is wrong with the show, they simply cant leave something that isn't broken alone. They constantly feel the need to interfere and until they butt out and allow those that they pay to do a job to be allowed to do it, the show will falter at times. Why they never considered Pete Burns with all his gigarious outfits and quit wit to have a go, is beyond me, he would have been perfect and a breath of fresh air.

DigitalSid 27-04-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyBB (Post 5953986)
big brother hasent got a producer hmmm :| im really really not very optimistic about the show being good now.

Big Brother has about a dozen producers and that's not including those of BOTS, the senior producer isn't the top dog, there are two ranks above it (creative director, executive producer), the latter of which there are 3 or 4 of these days, and several ranks below / beside it (line producer, live producer, series producer, story producer, gallery producers etc), again, the latter of which there are 3 or 4 of. The creative director is the top dog, their the most important person (technically the channel commissioning editor is but they just oversee and approve things things, the creative director does the actual work and makes the actual decisions), the creative director on channel 4, from series 4 onwards, was PEJ, Gavin Henderson was the one for BB12 and ex-exec producer Denis O'Connor was the one for BB13 and I think is staying for BB14.

BBDodge 27-04-2013 03:10 PM

In BB13 there were 2 gentlemen carrying the job title Senior Producer: Cam de la Huerta and Oliver Manley. Presumably one of those individuals has gotten himself another job for this summer.

As Sid says there are others more senior that the senior producers. The Executive producers (who get quoted in the Press Pack) were Denis O'Connor, Suzy Price and Katy Smith. The Creative Director is Nick Samwell-Smith. That was Philip Edgar-Jones old job and he was usually credited (blamed) for the important issues of the show (such as housemate selection).

Edit: Ah, I see Sid has updated his post with similar info! Nick Samwell-Smith is creative director for the whole production company (Initial). Denis O'Connor didn't get a 2nd credit for Creative Director on the credits of BB13 that I checked.

DigitalSid 27-04-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBDodge (Post 5955513)
In BB13 there were 2 gentlemen carrying the job title Senior Producer: Cam de la Huerta and Oliver Manley. Presumably one of those individuals has gotten himself another job for this summer.

As Sid says there are others more senior that the senior producers. The Executive producers (who get quoted in the Press Pack) were Denis O'Connor, Suzy Price and Katy Smith. The Creative Director is Nick Samwell-Smith. That was Philip Edgar-Jones old job and he was usually credited (blamed) for the important issues of the show (such as housemate selection).

Edit: Ah, I see Sid has updated his post with similar info! Nick Samwell-Smith is creative director for the whole production company (Initial). Denis O'Connor didn't get a 2nd credit for Creative Director on the credits of BB13 that I checked.

Ah yeah, the reports that were out at the time said he was replacing Gavin Henderson who was creative director for BB11, so I assumed he'd taken on his role. Yeah PEJ was creative director for the whole of Remarkable Television (previously Brighter Pictures).

arista 27-04-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyBB (Post 5953986)

No the Top Producer
moved onto to other projects at Endemol and can not return.

Big Brother Contracts are short
no one can live on that alone.

arista 27-04-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus. (Post 5954631)
let hope he dose good

He??

Could be a She
a Hot Lesbo

Note : There is nothing wrong with being a Hot Lesbo

InOne 27-04-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 5955628)
He??

Could be a She
a Hot Lesbo

Note : There is nothing wrong with being a Hot Lesbo

You got that right!