ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB14 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=620)
-   -   Jeff won't be on Bit On The Side anymore (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224737)

Jack_ 14-05-2013 01:50 PM

Jeff won't be on Bit On The Side anymore

https://twitter.com/jeffkristian/sta...95296043528192

ffs :bawling: :bored:

This is worse than Rylan becoming a host

Black Dagger 14-05-2013 01:52 PM

Good, annoying try-hard.

Jack_ 14-05-2013 01:54 PM

Jeff made eviction nights :love:

His innuendo jokes to the evictee <3

BigBrotherfan4ever 14-05-2013 02:01 PM

Thank god, he was so annoying.

Jords 14-05-2013 02:01 PM

He'll appear as a guest at some point no doubt.

Saph 14-05-2013 02:07 PM

Jeff (and Carole) were the highlights at the end of a bleak and dreary week ..oh well.

Jordan. 14-05-2013 02:57 PM

May aswell just axe the whole series now, this is a disaster :bored:

Cherie 14-05-2013 02:59 PM

I can't say I will miss Jeff.

Jack_ 14-05-2013 03:00 PM

omg we need a Jeff's best bits video <33

Headie 14-05-2013 03:05 PM

Yay! Some more good news! Now people might start taking BB more seriously and not think of it as a camp-fest.

emmetmcl 14-05-2013 03:12 PM

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

I don't like him.

Smithy 14-05-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Dagger (Post 5992404)
Good, annoying try-hard.

says the rylan fan http://i.imgur.com/Lk6yWD2.gif

BigBrotherfan4ever 14-05-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB123 (Post 5992621)
Yay! Some more good news! Now people might start taking BB more seriously and not think of it as a camp-fest.

Exactly:xyxwave:

Black Dagger 14-05-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 5992657)

Rylan doesn't try to hard, he is naturally flawless. idc

Tregard 14-05-2013 03:59 PM

He wore a bit thin, and it makes sense if they are trying to make it a bit more upmarket. I wish him well though.

Marcus. 14-05-2013 04:04 PM

oh like him

zakman440 14-05-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmetmcl (Post 5992642)
I don't like him.

We would never been able to tell.

pcro 14-05-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB123 (Post 5992621)

I think it was time for a reformatting as BOTS as it was getting a little stale and predictable, and the Jeff thing had runs its course. But I hope BOTS never, ever takes itself or Big Brother too seriously. The show should be treated as the summer distraction it is not some grand undertaking to be treated with reverance. BOTs has been a fun show and hopefully the changes will keep it a fun show.

Headie 14-05-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcro (Post 5992903)
I think it was time for a reformatting as BOTS as it was getting a little stale and predictable, and the Jeff thing had runs its course. But I hope BOTS never, ever takes itself or Big Brother too seriously. The show should be treated as the summer distraction it is not some grand undertaking to be treated with reverance. BOTs has been a fun show and hopefully the changes will keep it a fun show.

I'm not saying that Big Brother should turn into 'The Sunday Politics Show' or anything like that, I'm just saying they should make it a bit more edgier. As a straight male, it is hard to openly be a fan of Big Brother without getting called a 'fag' or 'queer' nowadays, whereas if you go back to 2006, this show was considered as so cool and the edgy-ness of it all made people like it. Now all it is known for is its camp spin-off show and Brian flirting with all the male evictees. Thankfully it may finally change this summer though, with Emma hosting and BOTS having a shake up. I just hope Rylan doesn't ruin the new image too much.

rk3388 14-05-2013 05:28 PM

GOOD. this is a good step for the show, even if hiring rylan is a step back

Patrick 14-05-2013 05:32 PM

Thank ****.

If Channel 5 are pulling the plug on all things tacky - then good on them.

Jake. 14-05-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 5992930)
Thank ****.

If Channel 5 are pulling the plug on all things tacky - then good on them.

Exactly this

Jack_ 14-05-2013 05:44 PM

I think I'm the only one that doesn't want BOTS to become more 'upmarket', the tackiness and the fact it's trash TV is all part of the appeal to me, I find it quite endearing. Spin-off shows like this aren't meant to be upmarket and serious either, the whole point of them is they're meant to be light-hearted, silly and irreverent. Xtra Factor and BGMT are full of stupid VT's, innuendo and running gags. Hell, even BBLB with Dermot had him dancing in leotards and singing Bright Eyes with candles...

Sure, the main show and highlight shows should be serious, the tacky editing should be cut completely, there should be absolutely no cabaret dancers or anything of the sort on launch, evictions or final night, and this new psychology show should have actual psychologists on it and not asparagus woman, but a light-hearted spin-off show like Bit On The Side? The camper and tackier it is, the better.

Patrick 14-05-2013 05:47 PM

It makes the show itself and the brand look ridiculous - shows like Jersey Shore and Made In Chelsea can be taken more seriously nowadays than BB, honest truth. So having a tackyfest like BOTS isn't helping.

Also, BBLB managed just fine for 10 years without the need to be overly camp.

Tregard 14-05-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 5992956)
I think I'm the only one that doesn't want BOTS to become more 'upmarket', the tackiness and the fact it's trash TV is all part of the appeal to me, I find it quite endearing. Spin-off shows like this aren't meant to be upmarket and serious either, the whole point of them is they're meant to be light-hearted, silly and irreverent. Xtra Factor and BGMT are full of stupid VT's, innuendo and running gags. Hell, even BBLB with Dermot had him dancing in leotards and singing Bright Eyes with candles...

Sure, the main show and highlight shows should be serious, the tacky editing should be cut completely, there should be absolutely no cabaret dancers or anything of the sort on launch, evictions or final night, and this new psychology show should have actual psychologists on it and not asparagus woman, but a light-hearted spin-off show like Bit On The Side? The camper and tackier it is, the better.

A show can be casual but upmarket at the same time. Something like "The Apprentice: You're Fired" seems about the right balance.