ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB14 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=620)
-   -   Why are all these articles saying: The housemates will be greeted by (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225297)

daniel-lewis-1985 26-05-2013 09:40 AM

Why are all these articles saying: The housemates will be greeted by

"A huge wall and life size front doors"

Im sorry but aren't doors life size in general? lol

lostalex 26-05-2013 09:47 AM

The front doors are usually elephant sized sliding doors. I think it means the door will be a normal human sized door.

BBDodge 26-05-2013 09:57 AM

I thought it meant doors at the foot of the stairs not the sliding doors they pull aside when the HM finishes waving to the crowd.

i.e. housemates once in the house will be faced with choices of what's behind those doors.

MusicMan 26-05-2013 10:01 AM

I thought that was an odd thing to say too :laugh:

I would have just assumed the doors to be 'life size' anyway unless they said something like "greeted by comically small doors" or something.

Bigest Brother Fan ever 26-05-2013 10:09 AM

Same it said they would be greeted by lifesize doors as they entered the house, then like two sentences later it said they would be coming swooping stairs into the living area?

daniel-lewis-1985 26-05-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostalex (Post 6017624)
The front doors are usually elephant sized sliding doors. I think it means the door will be a normal human sized door.

No they mean the door inside.

Jack_ 26-05-2013 12:05 PM

I still don't get that part of the press release :suspect: I seriously hope the stairs are blocked off though as they used to be, but I doubt it

I've got this really bad feeling that the layout won't have changed much

Patrick 26-05-2013 12:25 PM

'A HUGE Wall, and LIFE SIZE front doors.'

It simply means the wall is huge, the doors aren't.

Tregard 26-05-2013 06:37 PM

They are actual doors, not doors smaller or larger than would normally be used by people.

matthewh2050 26-05-2013 06:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I imagine it to be something like this

Petershaw1984 26-05-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthewh2050 (Post 6018226)

I bet that the doors they are on about resemble this 100%

Jack_ 26-05-2013 11:08 PM

^ I hope it's not as excessive as that but I do think this 'wall of doors' may be on either the right or left wall as you enter sliding doors at the top of the stairs, with the sweeping staircase still in place (unfortunately :()

Jack_ 26-05-2013 11:09 PM

Unless when you enter through the front door at the top, instead of going straight down the stairs, you're greeted by a wall of doors and one of those doors opens onto the staircase leading down to the living area?

kingston 26-05-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthewh2050 (Post 6018226)

Quoted for truth... I believe that is exactly what they are getting at...

Like most of you I'm also glad they've brought back the door blocking the staircase... Sadly I think the DR will still be under the stairs...

TBH I think that is the best place for it... I hated in earlier series when HM's would stand and the door trying to listen in on what people were saying in there... To me it really doesn't make sense to move it for the sake of moving it...

Marsh. 27-05-2013 12:08 AM

I bet the doors aren't as interesting as they seem and are merely the decoration like the snowy mountains and the fish. Like when people decorate a wall in empty picture frames.

kingston 27-05-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08marsh (Post 6018967)
I bet the doors aren't as interesting as they seem and are merely the decoration like the snowy mountains and the fish. Like when people decorate a wall in empty picture frames.

The house is merely a backdrop anyways... The only time house fixtures or decor come in to play is if they play a role in a twist... Otherwise the majority of it is just for show...

Marsh. 27-05-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingston (Post 6018990)
The house is merely a backdrop anyways... The only time house fixtures or decor come in to play is if they play a role in a twist... Otherwise the majority of it is just for show...

Uh, yes, and what are we discussing here?

Doors that are being used as part of a twist supposedly. The articles are suggesting housemates will be faced with several doors which they must choose from.

All I'm saying is, is that the articles are suggesting there is some game/twist with doors when the housemates enter, which might turn out to be nothing but decoration.

Jack_ 27-05-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08marsh (Post 6018967)

Why can I actually picture this happening? :bawling: LOL I'll be so pissed off if it turns out to be the case

kingston 27-05-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08marsh (Post 6019019)
Uh, yes, and what are we discussing here?

Doors that are being used as part of a twist supposedly. The articles are suggesting housemates will be faced with several doors which they must choose from.

All I'm saying is, is that the articles are suggesting there is some game/twist with doors when the housemates enter, which might turn out to be nothing but decoration.

It's all in how you look at the statement that was made TBH... All the statement is saying is that the doors are meant to signify something... IMO it's not blatantly alluding to the doors being used in a twist at all...

Quote:

In the ‘Big Brother: Secrets & Lies’ house, it’s all about self-sufficiency and recycling. As the housemates enter through the front doors, they will be greeted by a huge feature wall containing recycled life-size front doors. But what do they signify and what lies behind them?

Marsh. 27-05-2013 01:23 AM

I'm referring to the twist in the show, the show itself is now called Big Brother: Secrets and Lies and something "lies behind" the doors.

Ergo, something more than decoration.

kingston 27-05-2013 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08marsh (Post 6019068)
I'm referring to the twist in the show, the show itself is now called Big Brother: Secrets and Lies and something "lies behind" the doors.

Ergo, something more than decoration.

They aren't referring to anything physical I'm sure... It's basically a rhetorical question... They've already explained that the house will be Eco-friendly themed...

Jack_ 27-05-2013 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingston (Post 6019054)
It's all in how you look at the statement that was made TBH... All the statement is saying is that the doors are meant to signify something... IMO it's not blatantly alluding to the doors being used in a twist at all...

That's a fair point but then after 'signify' it does say 'and what lies behind them', implying they do actually exist and they do actually lead somewhere.

kingston 27-05-2013 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 6019130)
That's a fair point but then after 'signify' it does say 'and what lies behind them', implying they do actually exist and they do actually lead somewhere.

Somewhere being in to the house??? @08marsh was trying to say that there's a possibility they will be nothing more than decoration... And all I'm trying to say is that there really isn't anything out there that says they are intended to have any real significance in the first place...

The article that the statement comes from is merely providing a description of the house and reaffirms the series theme... I don't doubt they exist but there is nothing there that says they are anything more than an entry or exit to the house...

Jords 27-05-2013 03:39 AM

Just a design for one of the first walls in the house Im guessing.

Marsh. 27-05-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingston (Post 6019124)
They aren't referring to anything physical I'm sure... It's basically a rhetorical question... They've already explained that the house will be Eco-friendly themed...

That makes no sense, but I won't be repeating myself.