ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Former 'Coronation Street' star Andrew Lancel cleared of sex abuse charges... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226065)

bbfan1991 10-06-2013 02:39 PM

Former 'Coronation Street' star Andrew Lancel cleared of sex abuse charges...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...e-charges.html

arista 10-06-2013 02:46 PM

Omah has a thread on this

but of course he needs to update it.

Lucky Break for the Actor

Mrluvaluva 10-06-2013 03:36 PM

Glad he was acquitted of all charges if innocent, but his name will always be tarnished by this.

bbfan1991 10-06-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrluvaluva (Post 6049140)
Glad he was acquitted of all charges if innocent, but his name will always be tarnished by this.

I agree, but as the courts state he is NOT GUILTY so is free to carry on with his life.

bbfan1991 10-06-2013 03:46 PM

It took them just 29 minutes to come to a decision, which to me makes a mockery of this so called evidence that has been used to try and persuade the jury he was guilty before the verdict came through.

Marcus. 10-06-2013 03:48 PM

oh good to hear

Nedusa 10-06-2013 03:53 PM

29 mins by a Jury to decide a serious charge like this must have meant that there was NO real evidence against him. which in turn makes a mockery of the trial and begs the serious question why did the CPS think this was worth proceeding with ?

Was this a politically motivated trial or done for other reasons, either way Mr lancel has been arrested,charged,prosecuted, held in custody, had to have lurid allegations made about him in a high profile trial etc. His reputation is intact but this experience will surely affect him and his friends and family for years to come.

Somebody needs to answer some serious questions about this farce.....!!!!

bbfan1991 10-06-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nedusa (Post 6049190)
29 mins by a Jury to decide a serious charge like this must have meant that there was NO real evidence against him. which in turn makes a mockery of the trial and begs the serious question why did the CPS think this was worth proceeding with ?

Was this a politically motivated trial or done for other reasons, either way Mr lancel has been arrested,charged,prosecuted, held in custody, had to have lurid allegations made about him in a high profile trial etc. His reputation is intact but this experience will surely affect him and his friends and family for years to come.

I agree what a farce and I feel for him, his family and friends in terms of the emotions of the trial/verdict and how they can move on.

I wonder what will happen about the accuser and apparently the only evidence they had was that Andrew Lancel had a poster of Neil Tennant from the Pet Shop Boys on his wall when he was young! (This according to someone on DS).

MTVN 10-06-2013 04:02 PM

Just like with Frank the justice system prevails and an innocent man clears his name

Me. I Am Salman 10-06-2013 04:06 PM

Terrible show full of terrible people

Scarlett. 10-06-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nedusa (Post 6049190)

I agree, cases like this should be kept secret too, its not fair on the accused, innocent until proven guilty.

Mrluvaluva 10-06-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbfan1991 (Post 6049168)
I agree, but as the courts state he is NOT GUILTY so is free to carry on with his life.

Well of course he is? :conf: My point is that, as the old saying goes, "**** sticks". People will always remember this trial, and it will always stay with him. As Chewy has stated, when innocent people get dragged through the courts, their names should be kept anonymous in the same way as the accusers names are. People making false claims, as happens, can ruin an innocent person's life and career by doing so, even if they are declared innocent by a court.