ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Cardiff will be bigger than Liverpool in 5 years! (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230593)

the truth 17-07-2013 03:27 AM

Cardiff will be bigger than Liverpool in 5 years!

I really cannot over estimate what a sleeping giant Cardiff City have been for so long

its been over 50 years since they made it to the top? quite why it took this long is beyond me

but they have the entire south Glamorgan / valleys of around 1.2 million population....plus a few turncoats from Newport and Bristol and many of the vast welsh ex pats in England will return

theyre expanding to 32500 within a year....then 38000 after 2 years....if they survive 2 seasons, they may keep expanding

they've just signed they huge Danish striker Cornelius who looks class....add to craig bellamy, earnshaw, cowie, peter whittingham, steve mcphail, nicky maynard, gunnarson, McNaughton...I think they have enough quality to survive just below mid table

the whole of south east wales and valleys will support them....every game will be a sell out , they may even use millennium stadium for a game.....better still they will hand pick young welsh stars fro the academies that in previous years were lost to richer English clubs like speed, simon davies, bale, giggs and many more

they've been waiting 50+ years for this, the passion is awesome....they'll be pumped to destroy their bitterest rivals the swans....

they have a billionaire backer in Vincent tan, £60 million windfall from promotion / tv

they'll get welsh assembly support too....as the idiot politicians know how massive an economic boost this is in tough economic times

Cardiff are here to stay!

Locke. 17-07-2013 04:02 AM

:joker: :joker: :joker: :joker:

Ramsay 17-07-2013 04:03 AM

truth by name, truth by nature

Raph 17-07-2013 07:13 AM

Thanks for telling The Truth! Cardiff will prevail this season. Let's go BLUEBIRDS!!!

Ryan57 17-07-2013 11:16 AM

the truth = the deluded.

GiRTh 17-07-2013 11:17 AM

Its possible cuz Liverpool are sh*t.

Drew. 17-07-2013 11:56 AM

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...s-for--001.jpg

Locke. 17-07-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiRTh (Post 6178085)
Its possible cuz Liverpool are sh*t.

Must be terrible to have a **** team have won more trophies than you over the past 8 years

GiRTh 17-07-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke. (Post 6178796)
Must be terrible to have a **** team have won more trophies than you over the past 8 years

:joker:

Brother Leon 17-07-2013 02:31 PM

Oh dear :joker:

King Gizzard 17-07-2013 02:34 PM

The money you got for going up doesn't even cover your debt and Vincent Tan looks like one dodgy mother****er

the truth 17-07-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 6178911)
The money you got for going up doesn't even cover your debt and Vincent Tan looks like one dodgy mother****er

lol just because he looks like han out of enteor the dragon doesnt mean hes an evil megalomaniac

this isn't even a dig at Liverpool.....this is a statement that Cardiff will become a giant of british football......they've made the fa cup final in the past few years to....the latent support base is phenomenal , their training facilities at vale of Glamorgan are better than anynes bar man united , they will have welsh government support and they have a whole nation from which to hand pick young talent....all they will need is to survive 2 years then the world could be theirs

Raph 17-07-2013 03:22 PM

You should join the Cardiff City fan club on here, thetruth! :bigsmile:

the truth 17-07-2013 03:28 PM

are u a cardiffian barker? didn't know there was one, can you send me the link for that please

Jesus. 17-07-2013 03:30 PM

Cardiff won't even be bigger than Swansea in 5 yrs.

Raph 17-07-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 6179043)
are u a cardiffian barker? didn't know there was one, can you send me the link for that please

Yes sir I am! Here's the link,

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...d.php?t=216177

the truth 18-07-2013 05:01 PM

The problem they've had is they're superb academy produced many great players and lost them all, the past decade or so they produced joe ledley, bellamy, gareth bale, aaron ramsey, etc and lost them all.....now perhaps they can produce and keep their own talent

Verbal 19-07-2013 01:57 AM

As a life long Swansea fan I can only :joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker:: joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::j oker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::jo ker::joker:

at this :joker::joker::joker:

Cardiff are the next QPR, they will sink faster than a very big stone in the PL. The club are a joke.

the truth 19-07-2013 03:52 PM

im pleased for them
Quote:

Originally Posted by CynicalHermit (Post 6185012)
As a life long Swansea fan I can only :joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker:: joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::j oker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::jo ker::joker:

at this :joker::joker::joker:

Cardiff are the next QPR, they will sink faster than a very big stone in the PL. The club are a joke.

don't be clouded by bitter rivalry... ive no beef with Swansea they've done awesomely well under a very smart chairman ....im delighted for them, its great for welsh football and for the local economies

Cardiff are expanding to 38000 within 2 years....they virtually sold out every league game last season with the 27000 stadium

they have the billionaire backer who has cleared debts , they have the premiership windfall....they haven't got t carried away with spending, they have a fair bit of strike power....weve reached an fa cup and league cup final in recent seasons too....wrld class training facilities, brilliant academy....bale...ramsey...ledley...bellamy all came thrugh Cardiff and the welsh academies are ripe for picking

also lets be honest the welsh assembly will help out here and there as theyre Cardiff ccentric and biased towards the capital....

id say if we survive 1 maybe 2 seasons then we will fats become a colossus of british football

Jack. 21-07-2013 12:10 AM

:joker:Pmsl

Verbal 21-07-2013 12:47 AM

You'd think this Cardiff lot would have learned there lesson years ago about making such ridiculous statements, when Sam Hamman said this

Quote:

"Swansea will never be a big club and if they are being honest with themselves they will say so. If Swansea fans are Welsh and want to see top class football in Wales, then they should recognise that Cardiff is the only Welsh club with a cat in hell’s chance of making it.”
- As owner of Cardiff City, August 2000.

Then again its these little things that make reality a bit sweeter, and is why I will thoroughly enjoy seeing them become the next QPR and getting trounced on a weekly basis.

the truth 21-07-2013 06:10 PM

u cant blame ceriff for hamman being a donut, look how he left Wimbledon...former fa cup winners turned to rubble...good men have rebuilt cardiff

Verbal 21-07-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 6193745)
u cant blame ceriff for hamman being a donut, look how he left Wimbledon...former fa cup winners turned to rubble...good men have rebuilt cardiff

My point, was the ridiculous statements you lot seem to come out with down there.

"Cardiff will be bigger than Liverpool in 5 years"

"we will fast become a colossus of british football"

Its statements like this, along with the fact that you have sold your soul for 5 minutes of fame, and seemingly will do anything as a club just as long as you are in the limelight...someone on this thread even suggests playing a game at the millenium stadium, that make you a laughing stock.

I hope Cardiff sink like a stone and I will thoroughly enjoy seeing you get hammered every week. This has nothing to do with 'bitter rivalry' I just think Cardiff, as a club, are pretty much everything that is wrong with British football.

the truth 22-07-2013 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynicalHermit (Post 6193829)
My point, was the ridiculous statements you lot seem to come out with down there.

"Cardiff will be bigger than Liverpool in 5 years"

"we will fast become a colossus of british football"

Its statements like this, along with the fact that you have sold your soul for 5 minutes of fame, and seemingly will do anything as a club just as long as you are in the limelight...someone on this thread even suggests playing a game at the millenium stadium, that make you a laughing stock.

I hope Cardiff sink like a stone and I will thoroughly enjoy seeing you get hammered every week. This has nothing to do with 'bitter rivalry' I just think Cardiff, as a club, are pretty much everything that is wrong with British football.

bitter drivel

Cardiff produce massive talent from a hugely successful academy
theyre well supported with a great stadium and fantastic training facilities too
yes theres a few beauts following them just as with every club....but theyre on the right track now

as for selling their soul? you play the game according to the rules....they play in red now so blinking what, its still Cardiff city and the great people of this great city finally have a team a stadium and the money to invest in becoming a world class club

I want Swansea to do well, I don't like their ball biy much mind, nut they've achieved hugely on a small budget and great support...Cardiff also have great support and whilst their business plan is different it doenst make it wrong. they haven't been crazy spending, they've been smart....they will need to settle on their premiership style of play, my only major concern is whether malky can attract the quality needed over the next few seasons.

Verbal 22-07-2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 6195598)
bitter drivel

Cardiff produce massive talent from a hugely successful academy
theyre well supported with a great stadium and fantastic training facilities too
yes theres a few beauts following them just as with every club....but theyre on the right track now

as for selling their soul? you play the game according to the rules....they play in red now so blinking what, its still Cardiff city and the great people of this great city finally have a team a stadium and the money to invest in becoming a world class club

I want Swansea to do well, I don't like their ball biy much mind, nut they've achieved hugely on a small budget and great support...Cardiff also have great support and whilst their business plan is different it doenst make it wrong. they haven't been crazy spending, they've been smart....they will need to settle on their premiership style of play, my only major concern is whether malky can attract the quality needed over the next few seasons.

All i'm saying is I am astounded by the arrogance that comes from down East. You will never catch a Jack saying 'we are going to be a collosus of british football' and thats after 2 (count em 2) successful years in the PL. You havent even kicked a ball in the PL yet and you already believe you are one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Bitter drivel lol after you've spent 2 seasons in the PL, finished each one in the top half and won a major cup final, come back and maybe you might be on the right track.