ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Anyone own a Vita? Thoughts please. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232548)

Tregard 30-07-2013 05:22 PM

Anyone own a Vita? Thoughts please.

So I'm thinking of getting this beautiful piece of kit sometime in September, after the Sony Gamescom conference, as I suspect it will be dropping in price. But before that, I want to seek out others opinions on it.

I already own a 3DS (Although regrettably not an XL, will need to rectify that mistake also) but the Vita is just so damn pretty, plus I feel the library of games it has built up may finally push me over the edge.

Does anyone own a Vita? How has the experience been for you? What titles do you own?

My hitlist:

- Vita Wi-Fi (After the pricedrop)
- Uncharted Golden Abyss [Approx. £20]
- Gravity Rush [Approx £18]
- Tearaway [£22, looking forward to this more than any other game right now]
- Killzone: Mercenary [£30]
- Possibly Rayman Legends
- Possibly Need For Speed Most Wanted
- 32Gb Memory Card
- PS+

Great thing is, thanks to Cross-Buy, I'd already own some games for the system! :D

So yes, thoughts please :)

Tom4784 30-07-2013 06:46 PM

Gravity Rush and Uncharted are currently available for free from PS+ so that will save you a bit of money.

I haven't played one yet but from what I've heard it has the same problems as the PSP in that there's not a lot of developers making games for it. If you're serious about getting one though you should get a PS+ account now and download Gravity Rush and Uncharted and keep the files on the PS3 just in case they are removed from PS+ before you get a Vita.

Samuel. 30-07-2013 06:47 PM

Persona 4 Golden is an absolute must.

Ryan57 30-07-2013 08:23 PM

It's a nice little system. Haven't played mine for some time though. My fault rather than the games line up.

Tregard 02-08-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 6230221)
Gravity Rush and Uncharted are currently available for free from PS+ so that will save you a bit of money.

I haven't played one yet but from what I've heard it has the same problems as the PSP in that there's not a lot of developers making games for it. If you're serious about getting one though you should get a PS+ account now and download Gravity Rush and Uncharted and keep the files on the PS3 just in case they are removed from PS+ before you get a Vita.

Aah yes, I was planning on getting PS+ for PS4 anyway, so that would make good sense :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samuel. (Post 6230223)
Persona 4 Golden is an absolute must.

Knew I was forgetting one ;)