ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   American Horror Story: Hotel - Lady Gaga Wins Golden Globe! (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248100)

Smithy 24-03-2014 04:16 PM

American Horror Story: Hotel - Lady Gaga Wins Golden Globe!

https://38.media.tumblr.com/a18dcf2c...ko2io1_500.gif
LADY GAGA
EVAN PETERS
SARAH PAULSON
DENIS O'HARE
ANGELA BASSETT
KATHY BATES
FINN WITTROCK
MATT BOMER
CHEYENNE JACKSON
WES BENTLEY
CHLOE SEVIGNY

Niamh. 24-03-2014 04:22 PM

i thought it was going to be about Nazis? I like this better

Braden 24-03-2014 04:26 PM

I was more excited for coven when the name was released, but that turned out to be a bit of a mess despite the amazing concept.

I think Ryan Murphy is more creative in terms of AHS when it's set in the past.

Smithy 24-03-2014 04:29 PM

Hopefully it's more in the vein of Asylum with really dark twists and stuff

Firewire 24-03-2014 04:50 PM

10pm to 4 and i came to hit the floor

http://s2.grabilla.com/03c1a-467b26e...d003ec683b.gif

Glenn. 24-03-2014 05:18 PM

:amazed:

Niall 24-03-2014 05:32 PM

I wanted anything but a goddamn circus theme. :umm2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firewire (Post 6768508)
10pm to 4 and i came to hit the floor

http://s2.grabilla.com/03c1a-467b26e...d003ec683b.gif

:joker::joker::joker:

lostalex 24-03-2014 05:36 PM

Can't wait.

I can imagine Kathy Bates as the bearded lady.

Smithy 24-03-2014 05:38 PM

I think a Circus could be great, it could give them a great chance to expand and refresh the cast, seeing as S1 & S3 had such a small main cast (whereas S2 had a lot more recurring characters)

I hope they really shake it up though, make Sarah Paulson the character everyone loves to hate, make Jessica Lange a character everyone sympathises with, make taissa (if she returns) and evan hate each other, i'm bored of all the characters being in the same mold

Niall 24-03-2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 6768552)
I think a Circus could be great, it could give them a great chance to expand and refresh the cast, seeing as S1 & S3 had such a small main cast (whereas S2 had a lot more recurring characters)

I hope they really shake it up though, make Sarah Paulson the character everyone loves to hate, make Jessica Lange a character everyone sympathises with, make taissa (if she returns) and evan hate each other, i'm bored of all the characters being in the same mold

Hm possibly, but then again when I think of all the potential story lines they could explore it winds up leading back to magic (Coven) or something weird and involving surgery or gore (Asylum). Heroes did a circus vibe really poorly too and I can't help but feel that AHS will wind up meandering down a similar path.

I love those ideas though! Hopefully the writers'll do that!

lostalex 24-03-2014 05:46 PM

I wonder what time period it will be, when were Freakshows really big? I'm thinking like the 1920's, right?

Smithy 24-03-2014 05:46 PM

It's set in the 50's, he confirmed that a while back

lostalex 24-03-2014 05:49 PM

They should get Verne Troyer, he's not done much lately. And maybe the Rock to be the strong man.

I think the pinhead girl from Asylum is definitely gonna be back. Pepper.

What other famous freaks are there in Hollywood?

Pete Burns would be amazing.

Marsh. 24-03-2014 05:57 PM

Famous freaks? Bride of Wildenstein?

Mystic Mock 24-03-2014 05:58 PM

I hope Freak Show can be a more coherent version of Asylum.

lostalex 24-03-2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mockinator (Post 6768576)
I hope Freak Show can be a more coherent version of Asylum.

I thought Asylum was very coherent... pure sadism at a Catholic mental hospital and aliens experimenting with bloodlines...interestingly the bloodlines thing also tied into the bloodyface's son storyline.

What loose ends did you have? bloodyface and bloodyface jr. both got their comeuppance. The Nazi doctor ended up in an oven. Sister Jude finally repented and received salvation. I thought it was a well rounded season and everything was tied up by the end. What did you find incoherent about it?

Me. I Am Salman 24-03-2014 06:15 PM

didn't some of you say you wanted a circus theme for s4 :laugh:
this should be dark and sinister like asylum so yay I'm excited

reece(: 24-03-2014 06:16 PM

I think Zachary's returning as he instagrammed a clown mask a week ago :o

and GET Pepper back!

Mystic Mock 24-03-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostalex (Post 6768581)
I thought Asylum was very coherent... pure sadism at a Catholic mental hospital and aliens experimenting with bloodlines...interestingly the bloodlines thing also tied into the bloodyface's son storyline.

What loose ends did you have? bloodyface and bloodyface jr. both got their comeuppance. The Nazi doctor ended up in an oven. Sister Jude finally repented and received salvation. I thought it was a well rounded season and everything was tied up by the end. What did you find incoherent about it?

The fact that it left all it's stories right till the last 4 or 5 episodes and it all felt rushed, the season needed to be a 20 to 25 episode season to be able to solve most of the mysteries properly, Bloodyface was the story they resolved well in Asylum imo.

Saph 24-03-2014 06:47 PM

:love:

lostalex 24-03-2014 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mockinator (Post 6768591)
The fact that it left all it's stories right till the last 4 or 5 episodes and it all felt rushed, the season needed to be a 20 to 25 episode season to be able to solve most of the mysteries properly, Bloodyface was the story they resolved well in Asylum imo.

well i certainly can't disagree that it should be a proper 20-24 episode season. But cable shows unfortunately always have much shorter seasons. the Soprano's used to only give us 10 episodes, and then even take a year off in-between. Homeland also is way too short.

Unfortunately you must sacrifice quantity for quality. AHS always has so many characters that it does feel like it moves too quickly and you never get to enjoy every character as much as you'd like. Sometimes you barely see a character for weeks at a time because they are focusing on the other story lines.

Perhaps they should move to a more Lost-esque method, where each episode tries to focus on just one character for the entire episode... i feel they flirt with that idea, but it does feel a bit disjointed the way you can have 1 character really focused on in episode 3, but then not hear anything about that character again for 5 episodes...

It really is the kind of show that is best watched in a box set way. Total binge-watch material. I watched Asylum in binge-watch mode watched the first 6 in one sitting, then the second 6 in 1 sitting. and i loved it. I watched Coven in real time, and i found it less enjoyable.

Glenn. 24-03-2014 09:23 PM

New details

Quote:

Set in Jupiter, Florida, in 1950, Freak Show finds Jessica Lange playing a German ex-pat who is managing one of the last freak shows in the U.S. Her group of “unusuals”? Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett, and Frances Conroy all play performers whom Lange’s character has rescued; Denis O’Hare and Emma Roberts are also in talks to return. Freak Show’s 13 episodes will track this group as they do anything to keep their business around.

lostalex 24-03-2014 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 6768898)
New details

Jessica Lange as the Ring Leader. awesome.

reece(: 24-03-2014 09:31 PM

so I guess that "Jessica Lange will be playing a reduced capacity role" was BS

Firewire 24-03-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reece(: (Post 6768916)
so I guess that "Jessica Lange will be playing a reduced capacity role" was BS

unless her character is killed off after 6 or so episodes, but i can't see it happening