ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB13 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=635)
-   -   Anyone else thinking Channel 5 will be kissing major arse..... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250054)

daniel-lewis-1985 13-05-2014 04:55 PM

Anyone else thinking Channel 5 will be kissing major arse.....

To get Solange Knowles in CBB this summer?

My god that bitch Is crazy!

Marsh. 13-05-2014 04:56 PM

No, she'd never do it.

Rob! 13-05-2014 05:00 PM

Who?

Me. I Am Salman 13-05-2014 05:13 PM

she'll never do it..

Samm 13-05-2014 05:14 PM

I wish but, no she wouldn't

arista 13-05-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 (Post 6844576)
To get Solange Knowles in CBB this summer?

My god that bitch Is crazy!

Not Mature enough

reece(: 13-05-2014 05:18 PM

she's way above BB

T* 13-05-2014 05:19 PM

too famous for CBB

Headie 13-05-2014 05:20 PM

No but love it if she did

daniel-lewis-1985 13-05-2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08marsh (Post 6844577)
No, she'd never do it.

But that has nothing to do with them working their arses off to get her to do it.

**** me if they can get people from The Jackson family im sure they can get her.

Marsh. 13-05-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 (Post 6844622)
But that has nothing to do with them working their arses off to get her to do it.

**** me if they can get people from The Jackson family im sure they can get her.

That's what I mean though. They'll know their limits so won't bother, Even if they did make an offer, her price would be completely out of their range. The Jackson's were the ones left in Michael's shadow. You'd have never got MJ on there, but his less famous siblings who had become has-beens? Definitely.

daniel-lewis-1985 13-05-2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom! (Post 6844616)
too famous for CBB

More famous than Denis Rodman? Evander Holifield? Jermaine Jackson? Michael Madsen?

Yes Solange Knowles really is a house hold name :joker:

C'mon shes not some megastar shes the sister of a superstar who has been trying to make it in the music business for years but its evident now that it never will take off.

I think she may surprise a few people and do it if she was offered the right amount of the queens doh!

Loukas 13-05-2014 05:35 PM

She would never do it, she's too current and i picture her having more important projects to focus on atm.

InOne 13-05-2014 05:37 PM

She's fighting in elevators she doesn't need BB.

Marsh. 13-05-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 (Post 6844635)
More famous than Denis Rodman? Evander Holifield? Jermaine Jackson? Michael Madsen?

C'mon shes not some megastar shes the sister of a superstar who has been trying to make it in the music business for years but its evident now that it never will take off.

I think she may surprise a few people and do it if she was offered the right amount of the queens doh!

Yes, but their heyday was years ago. Although she's not quite as famous as her sister, she is still current. She hasn't been long forgotten just yet.

MTVN 13-05-2014 05:44 PM

In what ways is she that current apart from attacking Jay Z in a lift? I'd never heard of her before today and just by looking at her wiki page she's achieved barely any charted success with her singing which seems to be the main aspect of her career. Being Beyonce's sister doesn't automatically make her a massive star

reece(: 13-05-2014 05:47 PM

Her music is current and has been critically acclaimed

MTVN 13-05-2014 05:50 PM

Two albums and none since 2008, no singles that have charted in the States and no song in the top 50 in the UK since 2008

A less impressive discography than Lady Sov

reece(: 13-05-2014 05:53 PM

Losing You:
Quote:

The song has received universal positive acclaim from fans and critics alike. The blog "Wait... what?" stated that "If there was ever a thought that Solange Knowles would make music that in any way resembled her sister Beyonce’s, “Losing You” puts that notion to rest." Luke O'Neil of The Boston Globe called it "’80s dance-pop-heartbreak in the early Janet Jackson mold."[16] Philip Sherburne of Spin magazine called "Losing You" a "remarkable song in its own right, with a breezy fusion of singer-centric R&B, 1980s pop, and lanky, mid-tempo hip house beats." He felt the song was breakaway from the "R&B-gone-electronic dance music tracks" and commented that it was also "remarkable for what it suggests about the direction of pop music right now; it feels like one of those moments when something lurking just below the surface of the zeitgeist breaks through in a big way."[1] He further noted that "there's plenty of mediocrity in the wannabe-Balearic house scene too, but in the hands of Solange and Hynes, it feels like a breath of fresh air."[1] Gerrick D. Kennedy of the Los Angeles Times described "Losing You" as "a sticky mid-tempo dance-R&B cut that pushes her further away from unfair comparisons."[3] He commented that the song was "not the overwrought 4/4 dance-R&B that’s flooded radio for the past couple of years. Knowles and Hynes crafted the sort of snappy, relaxed groove that sounds as if it had been unearthed from a dusty '80s jukebox. The single is retro without reverting back to the Motown influences of her last record.
When will Sov?

Marsh. 13-05-2014 05:56 PM

I never said she was a massive star? :suspect:

But she's still bigger than a wannabe CBB housemate, which just shows you how bad CBB housemates are. :laugh:

Headie 13-05-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 (Post 6844622)

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 (Post 6844635)

Keep the dream alive [IMG]http://exhalecdn.breatheheavy.com/public/style_emoticons/default/***********[/IMG]

daniel-lewis-1985 13-05-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 6844654)
In what ways is she that current apart from attacking Jay Z in a lift? I'd never heard of her before today and just by looking at her wiki page she's achieved barely any charted success with her singing which seems to be the main aspect of her career. Being Beyonce's sister doesn't automatically make her a massive star

Shes not current I saw her In Party In The Park in 2001 ffs lets not over exaggerate her "fame".

Shes the perfect type of famous for CBB.

Marsh. 13-05-2014 06:04 PM

2001 is current?

daniel-lewis-1985 13-05-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08marsh (Post 6844680)
I never said she was a massive star? :suspect:

But she's still bigger than a wannabe CBB housemate, which just shows you how bad CBB housemates are. :laugh:

She is not bigger than Dennis Rodman lol, she is not bigger than any of the Jackson 5, she is not bigger than evander Holfield.

I think you're blinded by the fact shes related to Beyonce.

Shaun 13-05-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 6844654)

she's still booked for Coachella and Glastonbury pretty regularly so I'm sure she's doing fine...