ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB10 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=599)
-   -   Underrated? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257306)

Jake. 14-07-2014 08:07 PM

Underrated?

Not the most popular of all CBBs, but the launch was simply brilliant (just been reading through the launch thread), it had Jasmine, and Julie kept things going after her eviction..

Samm 14-07-2014 08:08 PM

it was meh

Ramsay 14-07-2014 08:10 PM

Too many bores when i think about it. Ashley,Harvey,Rhian and Samantha did sweet **** all. Although Sitch had a storyline with the Danica/Lorenzo thing he still was disappointing. i wanted villain Situation :laugh:

Jake. 14-07-2014 08:11 PM

Oh and I forgot about Julian and Julie :lovedup:

andybigbro 14-07-2014 08:11 PM

It was ok. I enjoyed but I wouldn't say it was my favourite CBB.

It was watchable though.

Locke. 14-07-2014 08:12 PM

Could have potentially been the best series ever if they got Sitch before he went to rehab. Still good, but not as good as it could have been. Was by far the most excited I'd ever been about a housemate though.

Firewire 14-07-2014 08:13 PM

Julie vs Chez on first night was amazing, other than that it was pretty meh

karl100589 14-07-2014 08:15 PM

I personally enjoyed it TBH, It certainly didn't live up to the high quality of Celebrity 9 but I didn't consider it underwhelming in the way that I did with Celebrity 12 for example. I think for me the quality of the series stemmed from the women in the show, and in particular the way in which three women controlled each week in the house, picking up the baton for the show and running with it. Firstly it was Jasmine serving her purpose as a Sallie Axl-esque first boot whose aim was to be the short term drama of the show, then it week 2 it became Danica's manipulation of the men whilst still mantaining this sparky side to her which won over some admirers and continue the trend of the C5 CBB's of being the breakout unknown model and then finally ending with Julie's reign of terror and social manipulation which was impressive in itself but the fact that it was 'National Treasure Bet Lynch' doing it just made it more compelling, I struggle to think of another CBB contestant so universally beloved that managed to turn the public in the way Julie did, and I would certainly consider her one of the great CBB villains.

It's the male side of the house that lets the team down though. Lorenzo and Sitch were OK but Harvey and Ashley were as obnoxious as they come, Martin was star power casting and nothing more and Julian was irrelevent to the storyline of the series and in my view a very weak winner.

Ramsay 14-07-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke. (Post 7052175)
Could have potentially been the best series ever if they got Sitch before he went to rehab. Still good, but not as good as it could have been. Was by far the most excited I'd ever been about a housemate though.

This pretty much. the buzz i had when Mike came out

Pete. 14-07-2014 08:16 PM

it was alright

MTVN 14-07-2014 08:19 PM

It was pretty awful especially those three tits Sitch, Harvey and Ashley

Lorenzo was the only good thing about the series completing the great escape in BB history surviving over big Hev

MB. 14-07-2014 08:20 PM

It was the third best out of C5's CBBs so far, so eh, why not.

Macie Lightfoot 14-07-2014 08:25 PM

Eh, things happened but nobody was that enjoyable or anything. There were storylines but they played out in the worst ways possible and there was too much gross sexism and misogyny for my liking.

Maxxie. 17-08-2014 01:00 AM

I loved the line-up when it started, i knew most of them even the apparent "z-listers" & i was a huge fan of the situation, rhian sugden & ashley mckenzie before the show. The series itself was okaaay i suppose.

Marsh. 17-08-2014 01:07 AM

The only thing I liked (or can remember) was Julie and Cheryl on launch night pretending to be sworn enemies. Then Julie's feud with Coleen. Other than that, pretty mundane.

All of the non January CBBs have been pretty bad.

LukeB 17-08-2014 01:12 AM

It was ok

Shaun 17-08-2014 02:02 AM

best CBB of channel five