ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB13 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=635)
-   -   Lionel Blair- I'm against gay marriage- and don't call me camp! (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261314)

jackc1806 12-08-2014 02:41 PM

Lionel Blair- I'm against gay marriage- and don't call me camp!

Lionel Blair says he “can’t bear” the idea of same-sex couples marrying and would definitely not consider himself to be camp.
The entertainer, 82, told The Mail: “Camp? Really? I prefer ‘flamboyant’, or ‘enthusiastic’. I’ve always been a bit over-the-top.
“What about David Walliams, for goodness’ sake? Come on! There’s campness there and we all know that he’s not, well, you know…”
On the subject of same-sex marriage, Lionel said: “I can’t bear it, I’m afraid. Look, if people want to live together, fine. And I do believe in civil partnerships. But marriage is between a man and a woman.”
The actor and dancer added: “The world has changed. What has happened to my beautiful England?”
John Barrowman’s same-sex kiss at last month’s opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow did not go down well with Lionel.
“What was all that about for goodness sake?” he complained.
Lionel has also been hurt by suggestions that he’s gay.
“It isn’t nice when you have a family,” said the father of three, who has been married for 47 years to his wife, Susan.
Despite usually ignoring the jibes, Lionel revealed he once punched a man in front of his daughter, Lucy, at a cricket match organised by Sir Michael Parkinson after he was called a fairy.
“He had to go to hospital!” Lionel exclaimed.
During one pantomime performance in Stockport, as part of the act, Lionel asked a boy in the audience his name. The youngster retorted: “Touch my nuts and you’re dead!” The audience laughed but the comment was enough to make Lionel quit panto.
“I realised I couldn’t do that any more. I can’t hug them. It’s madness. So I stopped,” he said.

MB. 12-08-2014 02:41 PM

I never liked the coffin dodger anyway :hmph:

Locke. 12-08-2014 02:43 PM

He is gay himself though isn't he?

JoshBB 12-08-2014 02:46 PM

This country is full of homophobes D: I honestly don't understand how people could have an issue with same-sex marriage.

Jarrod 12-08-2014 03:03 PM

:laugh: Really? Does his opinion even matter? I don't understand the problem with same sex marriage... what's the big deal? I'm happy that I actually get to marry properly :idc: People should just get used to the idea.

reece(: 12-08-2014 03:03 PM

Could never stand him.

Firewire 12-08-2014 03:05 PM

surely there's a home with a bed waiting for him?

zakman440 12-08-2014 03:05 PM

:umm2:

Liam- 12-08-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firewire (Post 7159434)
surely there's a home with a bed waiting for him?

Dignitas springs to mind... :hehe:

Jordan. 12-08-2014 03:18 PM

Oh well he'll be dead soon, meanwhile the younger generation remain phresh and open minded http://i.imgur.com/lb78kxF.png

Sophiee 12-08-2014 04:35 PM

I wonder if rylan still likes him :hehe:.

Redway 12-08-2014 04:38 PM

Prick.

Kizzy 12-08-2014 04:38 PM

No more BOTS for you... Never did like him :/

Cherie 12-08-2014 05:01 PM

Lol he is entitled to his opinion even if it is a bit outdated :laugh:

smudgie 12-08-2014 05:03 PM

Just a product of his era.:shrug:

Cherie 12-08-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 7159922)

Don't really see why people are wishing death on him, I doubt he is shooting gays on sight :laugh:

the truth 12-08-2014 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 7159922)

thats ageist:nono:and hypocritical

the truth 12-08-2014 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 7159484)
Oh well he'll be dead soon, meanwhile the younger generation remain phresh and open minded http://i.imgur.com/lb78kxF.png

how are they fresh and open minded when they wish death upon an old man? who has a right to his own opinion? hypocrisy

Redway 13-08-2014 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 7162114)
thats ageist:nono:and hypocritical

It's true, though. Nothing ageist about stating a simple fact.

JTM45 13-08-2014 01:41 AM

Always though he was an egomaniacal twat!!!

I just don't get why people are so opinionated about what other people can or can't do ?
It doesn't affect him so why's he even publicly stating his opinion on it.

I mean it's only technically a legal document/agreement so why do people think they have the right to decide or even comment on what others do ? I just don't get it!!!

And if they object because of the religious aspect associated with marriage...........well ****-em' anyway, ignorant, deluded religious twats!
Most organized religions are so judgemental and archaic anyway. Hopefully within the next hundred years even the most ignorant people will have accepted that there is no god, no heaven, that it's always been fictional bullsh*t made-up to keep people living in fear and under control.

**** Lionel and ignorant twats who think like he does. He'll be dead soon and hopefully his antiquated views will die off with him and his generation.

Jordan. 13-08-2014 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 7162129)
how are they fresh and open minded when they wish death upon an old man? who has a right to his own opinion? hypocrisy

Did I wish death on him? I stated he will be dead soon, which he will

armand.kay 13-08-2014 04:14 AM

Basically dead anyways so idc x

Cherie 13-08-2014 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTM45 (Post 7162556)

I just don't get why people are so opinionated about what other people can or can't do ?

I mean it's only technically a legal document/agreement so why do people think they have the right to decide or even comment on what others do ? I just don't get it!!!

And if they object because of the religious aspect associated with marriage...........well ****-em' anyway, ignorant, deluded religious twats!
Most organized religions are so judgemental and archaic anyway. Hopefully within the next hundred years even the most ignorant people will have accepted that there is no god, no heaven, that it's always been fictional bullsh*t made-up to keep people living in fear and under control.

**** Lionel and ignorant twats who think like he does. He'll be dead soon and hopefully his antiquated views will die off with him and his generation.

He was being interviewed and was asked the question, should people hide their opinions in the name of political correctness ? Just because his opinion doesn't suit doesn't make him less entitled to it!

Liam- 13-08-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTM45 (Post 7162556)

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, whether the majority of people like it or not.. if he's against gay marriage then that's his prerogative, yes people shouldn't base things on a book that was supposedly written thousands of years ago, but people do because that's what they believe in, i'm just as much of an atheist as it sounds you are, but that doesn't stop everyone's right to believe in what they believe

Maxxie. 13-08-2014 12:49 PM

He's not homophobic. Ollie was like his BFF in the house.