ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB14 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=650)
-   -   I forget Edele is going through a divorce (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263489)

Benjamin 29-08-2014 11:32 PM

I forget Edele is going through a divorce

Many of the others harp on about their "problems" every chance they can, but I think I have only heard Edele mention her divorce once and that was only when she was asked about it.

Must actually be really hard for her as they were together for 7 years and she seems so nice :(

jessicadanielle 29-08-2014 11:34 PM

Yeah all I've really seen of Edele is her be a shoulder for others to cry on. Very admirable I think.

Benjamin 29-08-2014 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessicadanielle (Post 7225754)
Yeah all I've really seen of Edele is her be a shoulder for others to cry on. Very admirable I think.

This. People are saying she is fake etc really need to take a closer look at her.

jessicadanielle 29-08-2014 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin (Post 7225758)
This. People are saying she is fake etc really need to take a closer look at her.

It's such a shame to think that anyone who is nice to people MUST be being fake. She is genuine imo. While others are nice and helpful to people's faces and mean behind their backs, we haven't seen that from her (yet anyway).

Benjamin 29-08-2014 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessicadanielle (Post 7225772)
It's such a shame to think that anyone who is nice to people MUST be being fake. She is genuine imo. While others are nice and helpful to people's faces and mean behind their backs, we haven't seen that from her (yet anyway).

I love the fact though she isn't centered around her divorce though.

jessicadanielle 29-08-2014 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin (Post 7225776)
I love the fact though she isn't centered around her divorce though.

Same, I can't imagine what it's like to have so much time to think when there's nothing to do in the BB house and not drive yourself crazy thinking of your divorce. Strong lady, and not selfish about her own problems at all!

rionablue 29-08-2014 11:42 PM

She is a lovely girl and a friend to all of them and so many people on here think its all fake but I as an Irish girl am incredibly proud of her. By far one of the nicest Irish contestants we have ever had.

Pronshi 29-08-2014 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rionablue (Post 7225784)
She is a lovely girl and a friend to all of them and so many people on here think its all fake but I as an Irish girl am incredibly proud of her. By far one of the nicest Irish contestants we have ever had.

This.

JTM45 30-08-2014 04:42 AM

I have to give her props for being one of the very few who take time to interact with Gary!
During the noms the other night she looked shocked at the way Stephanie was ripping into him.
I think she's got a good heart, unlike most in there who are just all about themselves.

ruiphillips 30-08-2014 05:04 AM

I feel for her to be honest. Imagine going through a tough time with all the tension and aggression in the house.

Benjamin 30-08-2014 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruiphillips (Post 7226030)
I feel for her to be honest. Imagine going through a tough time with all the tension and aggression in the house.

She is holding up well in there. Very commendable.

joeysteele 30-08-2014 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin (Post 7225747)
Many of the others harp on about their "problems" every chance they can, but I think I have only heard Edele mention her divorce once and that was only when she was asked about it.

Must actually be really hard for her as they were together for 7 years and she seems so nice :(

Yes, she has only once I think mentioned she is going through some bad things at present in her life in the diary room.

I really like Edele,I hope she does well in the series,in fact I would like her to win it.

hijaxers 30-08-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rionablue (Post 7225784)

I agree with you there she seems a very grounded and thoughtful girl. I like her

Mick 30-08-2014 09:14 AM

I think she is doing really well and hope that we are "allowed" to see more.

Northern Monkey 30-08-2014 05:32 PM

Nice woman.Can't fault her really.

pleasedonotswear2 30-08-2014 09:06 PM

Is she getting divorced? The only thing her slack brained sister has conveniently leaked to the tabloids is that she's separated.

Hope her husband gets her for unreasonable behaviour and gets the kids. Will serve her right.

Benjamin 30-08-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pleasedonotswear2 (Post 7228204)
Is she getting divorced? The only thing her slack brained sister has conveniently leaked to the tabloids is that she's separated.

Hope her husband gets her for unreasonable behaviour and gets the kids. Will serve her right.

Unreasonable behaviour? :crazy:

Dash Darington 30-08-2014 09:16 PM

She seems a bit prickly. I've never thought of her being particularly nice.

smudgie 30-08-2014 09:28 PM

She seems to be coming out of her shell a bit more now I have seen a really warm side to her.

jaxie 30-08-2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dash Darington (Post 7228245)
She seems a bit prickly. I've never thought of her being particularly nice.

She comes scross as being a bit prickly to me too. I don't dislike her but I wouldn't rave.

rusticgal 30-08-2014 10:03 PM

Don't dislike her...I thought she would be more fiery...I just don't do the 'she must find it hard going through a divorce' thing...what must be a very emotional private issue, especially with children concerned, the last place I would want to be is the Big Brother house. :shrug:

lily. 30-08-2014 10:18 PM

I agree rusticgal... also.. her kids are really young. I don't know how people can go into BB when they have little kids who are too young to understand why they can't talk to them or see them.. :/

Jords 30-08-2014 10:34 PM

Yepp she hasnt painted herself as a 'victim' at all.

Angelika 31-08-2014 12:13 AM

I must have been living under a rock...........
I have never heard of or seen Edele in the media or heard her music ! She hasn't made an impression on me yet. I think she could be quite forgettable.

Marsh. 31-08-2014 02:29 AM

It's probably because her time in music was in the 90s. She's only recently "resurfaced" after Big Reunion.