ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB14 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=650)
-   -   I admire that... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263569)

Josy 30-08-2014 02:17 PM

I admire that...

Gary has never once insulted any of the people in that house with him, he hasn't bitched behind anyone's backs or referred to them as nasty names or anything like that.

He must have a lot of patience tbh because some of them speak to him like ****.

jaxie 30-08-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 7226667)
Gary has never once insulted any of the people in that house with him, he hasn't bitched behind anyone's backs or referred to them as nasty names or anything like that.

I completely agree, I think I'd be braining a few people in there with the frying pan if they spoke to me the way they do him.

Creggle 30-08-2014 02:21 PM

He's an amazing, laid back and very spiritually calm guy. It's of no shock that he's rising well above the other cretins he's lumped in with, James and Steph being the main parrrricks.

ebandit 30-08-2014 02:31 PM

dynamic

I feel that Gary saying thank you! to those that criticise sums up the situation well

it appears that Gary entered the house as the 'Star' and is sticking to that concept knowing that winding up other hm's puts him in control of house dynamics

remember Edele patiently showing Gary how to wash up..........surely she would have appreciated what was going on and just stated the obvious

the dishes need washing either get on with it or I will do it

Mark L

jessicadanielle 30-08-2014 02:38 PM

I also admire Gary for how calm he remains, never offensive or bitchy, and seems really willing to learn from others, but sometimes I wonder if he does kind of let them walk all over him a bit? Sometimes a housemate can give him a load of criticisms in a really rude way and he'll say thank you and I can't help but feel it's a bit doormat-y.

Then again, Gary's much more mature and more forgiving than me so can probably look past things like that just to keep more harmony in the house. That is something I would like to work on.

Creggle 30-08-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessicadanielle (Post 7226716)
I also admire Gary for how calm he remains, never offensive or bitchy, and seems really willing to learn from others, but sometimes I wonder if he does kind of let them walk all over him a bit? Sometimes a housemate can give him a load of criticisms in a really rude way and he'll say thank you and I can't help but feel it's a bit doormat-y.

Then again, Gary's much more mature and more forgiving than me so can probably look past things like that just to keep more harmony in the house. That is something I would like to work on.

I don't think he's a door mat at all tbh, I think he could be pretty scary if he ever went nuts! He's just very laid back and doesn't need to shout or raise his tone to dominate people like the other less intelligent housemates feel they have to. I think he's just a kind bloke who probably wouldn't give many of the people in there the time of day in the real world, so he's handling their crap the way he see's best.

smileymummy 30-08-2014 02:45 PM

Or maybe he has and its just not been shown?

Pincho Paxton 30-08-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 7226667)

If he can remain calm with Meatloaf gobbing off at him, he should be able to handle the BB house.

Josy 30-08-2014 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileymummy (Post 7226731)

It's possible, but then so is lots of other things possible that we haven't been shown and we discuss the things that actually are shown.

I also think since the housemates like to discuss Gary so much behind his back that someone would have mentioned something at some point.

Josy 30-08-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pincho Paxton (Post 7226734)
If he can remain calm with Meatloaf gobbing off at him, he should be able to handle the BB house.

Hahah that's true, Meatloaf went bat**** crazy at him :laugh:

chuff me dizzy 30-08-2014 02:49 PM

Do you admire him spitting all over the place? smelling ? leaving the toilet dirty ? not helping out until he realised it would keep getting him nominated ?

jasperinporto 30-08-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxie (Post 7226671)
I completely agree, I think I'd be braining a few people in there with the frying pan if they spoke to me the way they do him.

I think a part of the reason for some of the housemates rude behaviour towards Gary is the fact that they really don't have a clue how to interact with someone of a much higher celebrity status than themselves. Gary is an icon who has lived and experienced a lot more than any of them in the house.

Hence their lack of respect and their inability to be socially accepting of his eccentric ways.:conf:

Josy 30-08-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 7226745)
Do you admire him spitting all over the place? smelling ? leaving the toilet dirty ? not helping out until he realised it would keep getting him nominated ?

No I admire what I posted above.

And we have never been shown him spitting or leaving the toilet dirty we have heard it mentioned once.

I would also love to know how you can say he is smelling? he changes his clothes and has been showering :shrug:

rubberface 30-08-2014 02:56 PM

He is a legend! A deserving winner. Not Dee or George who are nasty ..

jessicadanielle 30-08-2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creggle (Post 7226725)
I don't think he's a door mat at all tbh, I think he could be pretty scary if he ever went nuts! He's just very laid back and doesn't need to shout or raise his tone to dominate people like the other less intelligent housemates feel they have to. I think he's just a kind bloke who probably wouldn't give many of the people in there the time of day in the real world, so he's handling their crap the way he see's best.

Yeah good point. I'm much less laid back than he is so know I'd have gone mad if I'd had to deal with some of them like he has! :laugh: It does show a lot of intelligence and maturity to deal with their criticisms/attitude the way he has, I really do admire it.

Jules2 30-08-2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileymummy (Post 7226731)

No Smiley I am sure it would have been shown, this is what BB thrives on the arguments, the fallouts and the discomfort of their captives. They will have a field day if Gary does let rip.

chuff me dizzy 30-08-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 7226753)
No I admire what I posted above.

And we have never been shown him spitting or leaving the toilet dirty we have heard it mentioned once.

I would also love to know how you can say he is smelling? he changes his clothes and has been showering :shrug:

No exactly we've not been shown,but we know its happening ,he still got the same jacket on he's worn from the start

Josy 30-08-2014 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 7226786)
No exactly we've not been shown,but we know its happening ,he still got the same jacket on he's worn from the start

No we don't know it's happening Chuff. We heard it mentioned once or twice and nothing since.

jessicadanielle 30-08-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 7226786)

How much dirt do you think people produce from their skin whilst sat in a house doing nothing all day? :laugh: I really don't think there's anything wrong with wearing the same jacket everyday, I do it sometimes. I'm a human not a walking pile of dirt :tongue:

You seem to really dislike Gary but all I've seen you comment on is his hygiene which clearly doesn't affect you as a viewer. :shrug:

chuff me dizzy 30-08-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 7226799)
No we don't know it's happening Chuff. We heard it mentioned once or twice and nothing since.

Ok but I've heard several hm8s comment on his vile hygiene ,and I can see with my own eyes he's still wearing the same jacket

Liam- 30-08-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessicadanielle (Post 7226801)
How much dirt do you think people produce from their skin whilst sat in a house doing nothing all day? :laugh: I really don't think there's anything wrong with wearing the same jacket everyday, I do it sometimes. I'm a human not a walking pile of dirt :tongue:

You seem to really dislike Gary but all I've seen you comment on is his hygiene which clearly doesn't affect you as a viewer. :shrug:

But if he didn't shower for 6 days, and doesn't shower until he's told to (which i see is a habit he's changing) if he wears the same thing every day, it has to acquire a certain.. essence after a while? :laugh:

jessicadanielle 30-08-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiamPRW (Post 7226843)
But if he didn't shower for 6 days, and doesn't shower until he's told to (which i see is a habit he's changing) if he wears the same thing every day, it has to acquire a certain.. essence after a while? :laugh:

Haha potentially!! :yuk:

I just find it a bit confusing when FMs complain about Gary's hygiene amongst all of his other annoying habits; there are plenty of reasons to justify disliking him which would kind of affect us as a viewer. His lack of showering etc. could annoy the hms sure, but why would that annoy a viewer? :shrug: Each to their own though.

Margarine. 30-08-2014 03:41 PM

Gary's a good housemate I couldn't care less if he smells

Marsh. 30-08-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Freak (Post 7226882)
Gary's a good housemate I couldn't care less if he smells

:joker: Until they have scratch and sniff televisions.

chuff me dizzy 30-08-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiamPRW (Post 7226843)

I prefer to call it a stench :yuk: